NIIT

www.niit.com

NIIT Reviews

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Vijay Thadani

Pros
  • good place to learn new technologies and an equipped infrastructure to work and learn the new technologies, policies mostly beneficial for female staff(in 6 reviews)

• Generally a good flexible working environment(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Project time lines are a little stringent, though this does not affect the work life balance(in 6 reviews)

• Difficult to get decision making power if you are new to the company(in 4 reviews)

good to work in shift

Prosgood to work in shift

Consnothing to say thank you

Great Place to Work

Project Coordinator (Current Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsGood infrstructure
    Awesome HR policies
    Talented Staff
    Flexible timings
    Friendly management

ConsProject time lines are a little stringent, though this does not affect the work life balance

Good futuristic company effected by "Mean-spirited" superiors

Instructional Designer (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsCompany has a good vision and approach hence was able to make its presence felt around the globe.

This company has some people whome I would say they are the "ASSETS TO NIIT".

ConsWhen a company grows and becomes large enough to be managed by the inceptors/creators, it becomes indispensible to decentralise the management and operations to expand the business and spawn the wings. The meritorious creators of NIIT, with their bona fide struggle, carved the way of growth and made some so called "Site leaders, Senior project managers.......etc" to manage the business. This is where the pitfall started. Of late, I saw some real dignified projects falling off the wagon so badly that it was good enough to tarnish the image of NIIT.

These ne'er-do-well managers has nothing to do with the laid down policies. They make the employees extend the work beyond the level of humanity. Forget about others, I myself worked for 21 hrs in a streatch.

Crises can happen once or twice where an employee can be made to work like this (in fact, they wud be happy to). If a crises becomes an ongoing affair, then it points to two reasons: 1) A deliberate plan to use the employees to draw maximum work, or 2) The management is not capable of forcasting/analysing the project in terms of time and manpower.

In my career, I have witnessed the most insensitive and mean minded approach from a company towards its employees.

I would like to mention here, my review is not about NIIT as a whole, its about the experiance at my workplace. It is my unbiased review.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo matter how good the creaters are, if supervisors under them are not doing good, it is assumed (deemed) that the treatment is approved by the creaters.

To the Top-notch creators of NIIT, it is my humble request for you to understand the fact that employees should be treated like an asset and not like a liability. You need to ensure that no devil scamp should exercise their own rules.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The experience has been good

Executive (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsThe work culture is really good, learning exposure is awessome. NIIT is tenth great place to work as per Aon Hewitt's survey

Consdissatisfied with the growth opportunity

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more growth opportunities to the employees

Good

Trainee (Current Employee) Delhi (India)

ProsFriendly Culture and family environment

Consmore than 8 hours of working

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be interaction b/w very senior level employee and the most junior one also.

Memorable and learning experience with establishment of great network of connections.

District Coordinator (Former Employee) Chamba, Himachal Pradesh (India)

ProsOpportunity to work independently and freely with directions and advice from seniors. Got opportunity to travel and work work with people whom I may never have met.

ConsI don't think there is any. If someone is in job, he/she has to perform also.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrevious employees should be considered for new vacancies as well as they might have learnt from other places also which may be more helpful.

Good place for Instructional designers, graphical designers and managers, but worst place for technical people.

Senior Technical Team Member (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsEntirely e-learning centric, fresh graduates and GNIIT passouts get nice opportunity to begin the career. Good for Instructional designers, graphical designers and middle level managers. Pays relatively high to experienced candidates. Onsite offsite team gives you slight exposure.

ConsNo development plan for the employees specially technical team. You tend to work more but gain relatively very less knowledge. Will not be able to shift domain. Very very far from Delhi, Ghaziabad, Nioda as well as Gurgaon. Poor salary structure for beginners and prolonged inmates. Not recommended for technical aspirants. No proper technical training provided in many technologies. The timings are too early to save the traffic but inadequate shuttle timings from the Metro station. Canteen is pathetic and offers less variety.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

itz awesum inistute

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Calcutta (India)

Prosder r lots of hpy moment at NIIT

Consder r no dwnsdes her

Advice to Senior Managementd server gts dwn sum tym

catalyst for my confidence

Faculty (Former Employee) Dhanbād (India)

Prosit give me chance to work with leadersvn i learn a lots of things during my working period

Constoo less salary..and unwanted pressure

just good

ProsOnly the reason is that i like to teach in the IT sector and it is the best place for this.

ConsDont have good faculty , who can cooperate with the student.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a joining of such faculty who can cooperate with the student before and after the classes, and in project work too. And one thing that is be polite with those student who are polite, before and after the addmission.

Worked for NIIT? Contribute to the Community!