NIIT Technologies

Updated May 11, 2014
3.1

NIIT Technologies CEO and Director Arvind Thakur
Arvind Thakur

Pros
  • good work-life balance (depending on the project you are working on) (in 27 reviews)

• Positive work environment at NIIT Technologies (in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is good only at managerial level (in 7 reviews)

• Low salary compared to other companies, Location of campus is very far, not using latest technologies (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Sr. Business Development Manager

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NIIT Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people, great work environment

Cons

Not enough training, will not give you authority to understand the business model to make deals.

More training for people that understand the customers needs, but not the applications you are trying to sell.

In sales role at this company that had a limited promo and travel budget

Former Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NIIT Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hard working team members trying to make a difference and expand market exposure/presence.

Cons

Local North America leadership acted like they were still in India doing business. No knowledge or willingness to adapt to local business customs in expanding in the U.S.

Trust your Sector or Vertical VPs to lead the sales and marketing efforts in the region and pick the right people for each initiative based on their experience.

Low Credibility of Contracted Work

Current Employee - Instructional Designer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NIIT Technologies as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

My contact person who works in the Indian office was friendly and easy going. The rate was generous for a contracted employee (without the workload specified).

Cons

Although it was so easy to be hired and promised with a good rate, nothing else was specified. No follow-up either. Two initial phone calls midnight my time (Eastern Standard Time in US), one lunch time call, that was it. Two months later, they made me to sign a contract with them over a secured service, a statement of work. When I asked about the platform the contracted work to be delivered, the timeline, the project scope, the category of the content, the same old answer I received was "We will have to ask the client. Will keep you informed", or something like that. They appeared to attempt to answer some of my questions, but failed to call in at the designated time. The contact person took that week off and did not bother to explain later. After a few rounds, I simply gave up. They claimed they had the project in hand, but no work within six months? Only NIIT itself will buy the story. It is not only suspicious, I am at alert if my personal information would be safe with NIIT. I stopped worrying for the work I never had the chance to begin, nor for the amount of time put in to tele-communicate them, or the preparation work invested for the supposedly large work to come. I am worrying about the safety of the info I already gave them. When we doubt the credibility of a business, trust our instinct.

It is easy to ruin a reputation, difficult to build a good one. When the reputation of your business is at stake, your income will be damaged over time. So mean what you said, do what you mean. Be credible.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

About Working with NIIT

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NIIT Technologies

Pros

They have Good number of Clients world wide, They have good Experienced in Diversified services and business fields. Provide on-site opportunities on rotation basis rather then skill basis.

Cons

Attitude problem in top and middle level managers, treat the employees badly and salary is way low as compared to similar employers.

Think outside of your circle. Treat employees fairly and listen to them rather then just giving speech to them. They are your assets.

Consider other employment options if possible

Former Employee - Business Development Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NIIT Technologies

Pros

NIIT Technology has limited brand recognition in the US and is considered a solid tier 2 provider of services. This can sometimes be a good thing when the big players in the outsourcing industry have a bad reputation of not dealing with the SME market. I did enjoyed working with my colleagues and having an "open" territory. As long as the prospect fell into your vertical, you could sell to them. The back office support in the Atlanta office was excellent (admins), and they did provide good IT support. Finally, the base salary at the time was incredibly generous, and the benefits where above average.

Cons

There is poor leadership and lack of direction in the US market. I was on the sales side, so it might be a different case on the delivery side. Also, my experience was primarily in the US with a few trips to India. The trips to India where truly a bad experience (on a side note - India is an awesome place to visit but not when you are working for NIIT). They doubled us up in rooms and would have 10-12 hour long meetings with few breaks for weeks at a time. I honestly felt that there was absolutely no value in those meetings. Finally, the attrition rate is unbelievably high. While I was there, they churned through some really excellent business development people who should have excelled.

Focus on your people. While I was there, they churned through some really excellent business development people who should have excelled. Within my first year, everyone I started with had left the organization.

Worked for NIIT Technologies? Contribute to the Community!