NIIT Technologies Reviews

Reset
2.1
NIIT Technologies CEO and Director Arvind Thakur
Arvind Thakur

Pros
  • Good place to have a good work life balance (in 32 reviews)

• Positive work environment at NIIT Technologies (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is imbalanced (in 7 reviews)

• Too much work while giving low salary (in 10 reviews)

1. Sharepont Developer

Current Employee - Sharepoint Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sharepoint Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NIIT Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice place to learn and work.

Cons

Working hour are not fixed.

2. Step Ahead

Current Employee - IT Consultant-QA in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - IT Consultant-QA in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NIIT Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Provide me an opportunity to work at onshore

Cons

Salaries and Time Management are good attractive. Appraisal process is not transparent. HR and other department to listening to the queries requires follow up till weeks to get resolved

Advice to Management

Salaries, Appraisal proceed needs lot improvement. Proper escalation matrix if someone not answering to the queries.

3. Ad ops

Current Employee - Ad Operations Associate in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Ad Operations Associate in Augusta, GA

I have been working at NIIT Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New company that is growing. Insurance covers health, dental and vision. direct deposit. dual screen setup

Cons

401k doesn't have a match Raises don't equal cost of living increase. Overall mood is usually disgruntled and negative. Workload is light and you get yelled at if production is low. There is a lot of taking about people behind their backs.

Advice to Management

Take time to train people and fermenter that it takes more than one day to learn. Training docs don't help kinetic learners. People like to know that they can grow in a company watching people getting pushed down is very hard. Favortism is not healthy for the company. Try to grow ALL the team not just your BFF. I know you can't always give raises, but just letting people know they are appreciated once in a while goes a long way.

5. Not a good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

I have been working at NIIT Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Monday through Friday work schedule for most departments

Cons

Poor management and poor compensation

Nice place to work with reasonable beneffits.

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NIIT Technologies full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

good healthcare and other benefits

Cons

No growth. managers with no domain knowledge rules the company

Advice to Management

change your vision and catch up with changes in technology. Have new vision

Treated like dirt.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NIIT Technologies full-time

Pros

Some of the people were very nice and friendly. Medical benefits are generous.

Cons

You're expected to give 190%. Expect to work double-time and paid less than average. There was no training, making it difficult to efficiently perform the necessary responsibilities of the role. Receive phone calls and emails at ALL HOURS of the days, nights, weekends, scheduled PTO and vacation, sick days, and most holidays (staff doesn't celebrate standard U.S. holidays, unless major holidays). Much of the staff can be very moody - perhaps because they were also working at all hours like I was - getting only a few hours of sleep. I don't recommend working with NIIT if you have a family, as there is no work-life balance. All of that being said, if you're willing to provide a company with "a pound of flesh" with a CHEAP company, you'll fit right in!

Advice to Management

Provide staff with what they need to be productive. Pay better salaries. Respect employees' personal time.

8. Great stepping Stone for IT experience but limited staff lead to constantly overworked situations

Former Employee - Information Technoglogy in Augusta, GA
    Former Employee - Information Technoglogy in Augusta, GA

I worked at NIIT Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot while working at Niit Media Technologies. My coworkers were great and my boss was also okay. The pay I negotiated was decent and it was more so a large startup company that was composed of two companies working together on areas that they were already working in. Anything that I worked on to get things working was a step in the right direction and that brought great satisfaction to everyday job fulfillment.

Cons

Staffing was an issue since shortly before I started working there and got worse as worked there. Before I was hired the company laid off something to the tune of 30% to 40% of it's workforce due to the fact that no really buys news papers anymore. The IT department was very understaffed for the amount of business units and locations that were supported. Offshore support was hired to fill the gap of the fact that there were hardly any American employees on site at HQ. Due to that offshore support the language barrier was EXTREMELY frustrating and things constantly got passed over the fence to the support members at the HQ.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees because some of their ideas could have saved the company tons of money. It's never a good idea to fire majority of your employees at the HQ's of all places and then hire people overseas to try and fill that void.

9. In sales role at this company that had a limited promo and travel budget

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NIIT Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hard working team members trying to make a difference and expand market exposure/presence.

Cons

Local North America leadership acted like they were still in India doing business. No knowledge or willingness to adapt to local business customs in expanding in the U.S.

Advice to Management

Trust your Sector or Vertical VPs to lead the sales and marketing efforts in the region and pick the right people for each initiative based on their experience.

10. Low Credibility of Contracted Work

Current Contractor - Instructional Designer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Contractor - Instructional Designer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NIIT Technologies as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

My contact person who works in the Indian office was friendly and easy going. The rate was generous for a contracted employee (without the workload specified).

Cons

Although it was so easy to be hired and promised with a good rate, nothing else was specified. No follow-up either. Two initial phone calls midnight my time (Eastern Standard Time in US), one lunch time call, that was it. Two months later, they made me to sign a contract with them over a secured service, a statement of work. When I asked about the platform the contracted work to be delivered, the timeline, the project scope, the category of the content, the same old answer I received was "We will have to ask the client. Will keep you informed", or something like that. They appeared to attempt to answer some of my questions, but failed to call in at the designated time. The contact person took that week off and did not bother to explain later. After a few rounds, I simply gave up. They claimed they had the project in hand, but no work within six months? Only NIIT itself will buy the story. It is not only suspicious, I am at alert if my personal information would be safe with NIIT. I stopped worrying for the work I never had the chance to begin, nor for the amount of time put in to tele-communicate them, or the preparation work invested for the supposedly large work to come. I am worrying about the safety of the info I already gave them. When we doubt the credibility of a business, trust our instinct.

Advice to Management

It is easy to ruin a reputation, difficult to build a good one. When the reputation of your business is at stake, your income will be damaged over time. So mean what you said, do what you mean. Be credible.

11. Sr. Business Development Manager

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NIIT Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great work environment

Cons

Not enough training, will not give you authority to understand the business model to make deals.

Advice to Management

More training for people that understand the customers needs, but not the applications you are trying to sell.

RSS Feed </> Embed