NIKE

NIKE Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

NIKE President & CEO Mark G. Parker

Mark G. Parker

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too(in 57 reviews)

• It is a laid back work environment, but there is definite emphasis on getting the job done(in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • If you have a family it can be difficult to manage work life balance(in 22 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors(in 22 reviews)

Can't get much better than this

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsGreat paid time off, compensation is adequate but below industry standards as there are a lot of benefits that make up for the slightly lower salary in my opinion

ConsInnovation is the key to success here and in a support operations role it means you're constantly reinventing the wheel. That's okay once you get used to it, but can be frustrating when you start out. It's just the way it is...

Test Manager

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsVery nice place, good work-life balance

ConsNeed to not be partial to contractors

It's hard to live by your mission and vision when you grow so large

Product Line Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsEmployee discounts on product
    Flexible work schedule
    Great gym and cafeterias

ConsIt is not a meritocracy, it is who you know or who likes you. Of course they do not like to admit that and give you the whole idea that you are evaluated based on your performance. Ha ha haa you are not!

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that your management teams at all level are evaluating people using the same process and not around it

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learned a lot!

PT Athlete (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt was a great a place to work, I learned a lot about sneakers and work out gears. It was fun when it was not overly crowded. Management would work with your schedule which is great if you are in school or have another job.

ConsCustomers would be very impatient especially when each athlete had to juggle between 5-8 customers per person. Hours were crappy at times and the ability to move up in the company is a nightmare.

Talented people but lacking cohesive vision

Senior Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Beaverton, OR

ProsOverall, the people are great. Many smart and talented people. The culture is awesome and I appreciated the focus on exercise and healthy living.

ConsLots of wasted effort in the technology side of things. Departments tend to work independently, often duplicating the same work. Getting new technology into the stack can be very difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more willing to embrace new technologies, as your developers are looking for ways to become more efficient. Create a unified approach to your technology teams, help them to work together and cooperate more. But this doesn't mean restricting development to a certain set of tools and forcing all teams to use those tools.

A good experience but that is almost all it is.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood wages, good benefits, good experience

ConsDebatable job advancement, poor quality of managing staff

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more about your employees

Eventful and eye opening experience.

Product Flow Athlete (Current Employee) Woodbury, NY

ProsProducts and discount are a plus

ConsFlawed promotion set up, don't hold your breath

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate

Good job while going to school,limited advancement opportunities.

Shipping and Receiving Associate (Former Employee) Aurora, IL

ProsFriendly co-workers,store offers generous discount,fun work atmosphere,great location learned a lot about retail industry and customer service.

ConsPromotions are often based on who sucks up to upper level management, lack of consistent schedule makes it difficult to maintain work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify who your quality employees are and provide them with the resources needed to advance within the organization.

No Growth

PT Athlete (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSwoosh Discount
    Great team chemistry with your sales floor
    Meet celebs and athletes every now and then

ConsLow pay
    No room for growth
    4 hour shifts(when majority of the employees commute an hour to get there)
    Will not extend or grant more hours, but will hire more employees to flex for 4 hour shift

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter pay, Extend hours, Communicate with your fellow athletes, and do not act as if you're better than us because you carry an ipad

Nike is a company built on who you know and as individuals they do not care about you.

Lead Athlete (Former Employee) Foley, AL

ProsThe pay is fairly decent and it is not a difficult process to advance in the company. The passion around the company is overall one of the greatest assets.

ConsThere are a lot of times where promotions are given out rather than earned. The company basis itself more off of who you know to get you to advance rather than what you are capable of.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop letting good athletes walk out the door. Pay the people who deserve it and stop promoting those who become lackadaisical.

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!