NIKE

NIKE Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

NIKE President & CEO Mark G. Parker

Mark G. Parker

Pros:
  • "Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too"
    in 51 reviews
  • "It is a laid back work environment, but there is definite emphasis on getting the job done"
    in 49 reviews
Cons:
  • "If you have a family it can be difficult to manage work life balance"
    in 21 reviews
  • "Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors"
    in 21 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Nike Factory Store Associate

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Leesburg, VA

ProsI love working here. Work with a lot of great people and have the opportunity to sell amazing product. I would definitely recommend this for anyone interested in a retail position.

ConsThis position is a retail position so customer traffic in the store and working hours varies greatly throughout the year. If you are not ready to attempt to talk to every customer that enters your section then this may not be the job for you.

Great

ProsThey pay great salaries and benefits.

ConsWe worked a lot of hours.

Global Leader - Stellar Environment

IT Manager (Current Employee)
    Beaverton, OR

ProsAccess to the best that sports has to offer.

ConsHighly competitive. Work/life balance issues (varies between teams). Difficult to maneuver career changes as many teams are silo'd in a huge matrix.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook internal before assuming there are no qualified applicants for new/reorg'd roles.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I really liked working here, but it's not easy. A lot of customers are rude, but the company itself is fun to work for.

Nike Athlete (Former Employee)
    Vacaville, CA

ProsPretty good pay for retail. Good hours. Comfortable clothing to wear.

ConsRude Customers, busy all the time, not enough employees working sometimes.

Good Company

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Anthem, AZ

ProsFun atmosphere and a good place to learn more about how athletic apparel and footwear impact an athletes performance.

ConsNo commission. Would work hard to meet goals for the store and would get a low hourly salary with no commission

How does it get better?

Associate Footwear Developer (Current Employee)
    Beaverton, OR

ProsNike is set up to be college-esque. During the summer we have half days on Fridays, frequent parties on Thursday afternoons, and we are sports centric. We have a super fun environment and almost everyone gets along with each other.

ConsBecause Nike is a leader in the industry, it is super competitive. That being said, there is someone who is always after your job. Also, because the company layout is so complex, it may be hard to navigate to new positions.

Great work environment, but can be hard to maneuver from one job to the next.

Learning Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Beaverton, OR

ProsIt is a laid back work environment, but there is definite emphasis on getting the job done. You have the opportunity to go work out on your lunch. There are a lot of fun events especially during the summer. Also, there are athletes that drop in quite often.

ConsIt can be very hard to maneuver from one job to the next if you do not know how the culture works.

Decent Job

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Lake Saint Louis, MO

ConsAlways changing staff
    Minimal Hours
    Lack of mobility

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Sports focused performance in all areas of the business.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Hillsboro, OR

ProsMany opportunities for advancement if you are a full time employee and wonderful atmosphere to work in.

ConsHard to find permanent jobs with benefits because they use so many contract employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou probably lose a lot of good people because of contracting out positions.

Definitely a clique-type organization. Image is much more important than performance.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Beaverton, OR

ProsGreat campus, pretty good on-site restaurants, several gyms with pools, climbing walls, etc. It's not just okay but expected for you to take time to work out. On site child care, lots and lots of amenities. For some, there are great opportunities to travel, and if you're the right "type" of person, huge opportunities for advancement. However, it's also expected that Nike will become your life, and if that means nights, weekends, holidays, whatever.... you're expected to be there. Not the case for all areas of the business, mostly for what is considered "support" areas.

ConsDefinitely a good ol' boys club. Even in orientation they say that it is all about relationships and presentation. If you don't know how to make a Powerpoint presentation with a 10,000 foot perspective basically saying everything is just fine, you're going nowhere. If you think you'll get credit for good work, or for pointing out mistakes before they occur, think again... you're getting railroaded out of there It's how much you are liked that gets advancement (and it doesn't hurt if you're good looking and male).

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your hands dirty once in a while. How about crawling down into the trenches to find out what it is REALLY like to work for you, maybe go down 2 or 3 levels and not just what your next level down is telling you.

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!

NIKE Videos

NIKE – Why Work for Us?

Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. Before there was the Swoosh, before there was Nike, there were… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NIKE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NIKE CEO Mark G. Parker. All 718 reviews posted anonymously by NIKE employees.