NIKE

NIKE President & CEO Mark G. Parker

Mark G. Parker

28 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Excellent.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Tinton Falls, NJ

ProsAmazing company. Care for their employees. Great training. Focused on work-life balance.

ConsMassive company, so you can get lost in the shuffle.

Niketown Athlete - Best Retail Job!

Athlete (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsBy far the best retail job I've ever had. I've worked for companies like Abercrombie and Marshalls before, but Nike has been the best one by far.

Nike really considers its employees. Once you're hired, current employers teach you a class for 3 days straight on product knowledge. It also includes fun actives so you know what you're doing before you get to the floor.

I actually miss going to work the days that I'm off.

- Great Discounts
    - Best Working Environment
    - If You Love Sports This Is The Place For You
    - Growth Opportunity
    - Great Managers
    - Flexible
    - Cool initiatives on new products, such as new cleats, shoes or apparel.
    - Clubs: such as Nike Running Club and Training Club that employees and consumers can be a part of.
    - Great compensation

ConsThe only downside to being an Athlete at Nike is competitiveness. It's hard to get the job, with thorough interview steps, such as phone interview and panel interview. However, its all worth it once you part of the swoosh.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing. There's nothing better than representing Nike everyday at work.

its a fun job

Athlete (Current Employee)

ProsDiscount , people, nike,nike, nike

Consslow business during jan-march, ppl . managers are rude sometime , 48 hour wait on sneakers, no discounts on some shoes

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

athlete

Elizabeth, NJ

Prosawesome staff, enforce teamwork, huddles

Consearly trucks, lazy workers, sometimes lack of hours

Nike Running Flatiron Season Athlete

Seasonal Athlete (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGreat managers (coaches) and athletes (sales associates) -- very friendly, welcoming, and supportive. Employees are diverse and have personality. They are passionate about the brand and company. Lots of fun off hours activities. Athletes are provided phenomenal education about the brand/product. Strong running culture.

ConsNon-athletes or non-runners may feel out of place. Constant flow of people coming in and going out (for better or worse).

The Best!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Atmosphere
    Great Uniform
    Great Discount on nike products and Affiliated companies
    Great Wages..What more can you ask for in a Job

ConsSometimes you get scheduled for days you request off, even if you requested in the time you were alotted. I guess this means bad management. And there was really no solution for the influx of customers we would get, it would just be huge battlefield especially during the weekends which made working pretty stressful and there is a lot of international customers so the language barrier could sometimes be a problem too

Advice to Senior ManagementSpread the common/popular product around the floor so the associate that is working there doesnt feel overwhelmed since its usually in one area.

Learned a lot!

PT Athlete (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsIt was a great a place to work, I learned a lot about sneakers and work out gears. It was fun when it was not overly crowded. Management would work with your schedule which is great if you are in school or have another job.

ConsCustomers would be very impatient especially when each athlete had to juggle between 5-8 customers per person. Hours were crappy at times and the ability to move up in the company is a nightmare.

Converse segment not operated with the same level of excellence as Nike

Manager (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsNike Inc is a great company to work for sports apparel retail & fashion, but Converse doesn't get as many resources.

ConsRoom for growth for employees

Advice to Senior ManagementShare positive and constructive feedback to employees

Best Coworkers I've ever Had, =Nike Family

Stock Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsNike has been one of the best retail jobs I've ever had. I've been fortunate to have been employed here for the last 4 years working in 2 types of stores; flagship and brand experience. Nike offers competitive pay, tuition reimbursement for Full time employees pursuing a degree related to Nike Business ex: Business, Marketing, Design etc. Excellent coworkers, Excellent discount, Uniform provided up to 3x a year.

ConsThere is a bit too much of trial and error, sometimes the management lacks consistency. If you're not overly enthusiastic its sometimes viewed as negative. They expect a lot of the employees to mirror in personality even if its not an employee's temperament. For example someone who is viewed as having a "better" personality will get a promotion over someone who works hard. In addition hours are sometimes scarce if you're not part time over, or full time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the application process needs to be modified, especially for internal candidates. There are some individuals who are modest when selling themselves, however their worth ethic demonstrates something more substantial than anything they could put into words about themselves.

Great job but bad corporate politics

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Elizabeth, NJ

ProsNice discount at 30% as a sales associate.

Flexible hours

Nice managers who give alot of chances for tardiness

Easy work

Tax-deducted or almost free clothing and shoes every quarter

Alot of young adults

Motivational attitude.

ConsAthletes get most of the grunt work

During high volume and traffic managers lock down in the office and basically do nothing

During low volume and traffic managers lock down in the office and basically do nothing

Managers who don't know how to efficiently operate and require assistance from other athletes to do their job (btw, those athletes still have their own relative tasks to perform as well.)

Not alot of incentive to move up in the company

No commission or recognition for hard work

No incentive besides an extra $5 on a bonus check to work for loss prevention in finding missing items

Sketchy corporate history with continuing human rights violations that the company persists in denying

Preferential treatment in giving hours away to some athletes

Hour scheduling is rigged. Some managers take away from the salary pool by cutting hours for other managers and athletes and take that money for themselves.

Hour scheduling can be notoriously off forcing associates to document every time they punch in or punch out. Disparity in paycheck amount can be up to as much as 75% of the time worked for that 2 week paycheck window.

In reference to the last statement above, the scheduling manager has nothing else to do besides just this. Very disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is basically a popularity contest. You cant move up if you have a good idea or a way to change things to even make the company more money. Unless its cutthroat and abusive like most corporate policies, there really is nothing you can change.

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!

NIKE Videos

NIKE – Why Work for Us?

Nike does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. Before there was the Swoosh, before there was Nike, there were… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NIKE reviews and ratings in New York City, NY — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NIKE CEO Mark G. Parker. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by NIKE employees.