NIKE Reviews

Updated September 30, 2014
4.0

NIKE President & CEO Mark G. Parker
Mark G. Parker

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too (in 63 reviews)

• It is a laid back work environment, but there is definite emphasis on getting the job done (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • Mandatory open availability makes it hard to maintain a healthy work/life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Fun company in Portland, Oregon area

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst  in  Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are good. Summer hours provide opportunity to enjoy the beautiful Northwest summers. Corporate employees get annual public transportation pass. Sustainable conscious company. Employees seem to enjoy working here. Employee discount on cool sportswear and sneakers extended to immediate family and in-laws. Very nice facilities. If you’re young in your 20’s, great place to meet people.

Cons

Decisions tend to take longer with many consensus and politicking and layers of bureaucracy involved. Danger of getting pigeon-holed in your initial position. Really have to network to find other internal opportunities and be responsible for your own career development

Keep or start encouraging employees to be confident in making decisions and own the outcome. Whether succeed or fail, what was learned and how to improve is more important.

Great

Former Employee - Nike Athlete  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Nike Athlete in Orlando, FL

I worked at NIKE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Fun environment. Teamwork is definitely a huge part of the job and it really does help when everyone is playing together. Great location and sales opportunity.

Cons

The pay for a starting associate is low just like any other retail sales associate. There is not much opportunity to climb a ladder only because at this particular location there were over 200 employees

Amazing company to work for!!!

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate  in  Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I worked at NIKE part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Tons of benefits. Great people. Lots of energy. Lots of perks

Cons

There was really no issue with working at Nike. If anything the cons would be not still having a job with them.

Keep it up!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing and innovative company

Current Employee - Nike Athlete  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Nike Athlete in New York, NY

I have been working at NIKE part-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome team based environment, Coaches(Managers) really want athletes(store-associates) to strive for success, Discounts, Sports environment.

Cons

Upward mobility is similar to running for office.

Keep it up!

Great Company

Former Employee - Athlete  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Athlete in New York, NY

I worked at NIKE part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nike holds a lot of events which employees can be a part of, room for growth and development depending how you apply yourself. Meet many great people as well. Benefits are good, if your are full time.

Cons

Pay is average, not outstanding considering its a huge company. Hours are hard to come by, based on business needs. Use to be fun to work for, parties, employee events, better perks but have noticed a decline in "employee appreciation".

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Sports and unlimited career opportunities! You get to wear comfy gear all day! It's a very fun environment!
    Nike is pretty flexible when it comes to school. You can custom make your schedule according to your life style.
    While working at Nike you get a chance to engage with many people from all over the world! I have met tons of celebs and athletes while working at Nike.
    The company also have a Better World program where one is given a chance to participate in community events while still being paid as if you were at work. Awesome company to work for!

Cons

Super busy during Marathon but fun at the same time. I believe the benefits with healthcare can be a little better.
    Another con is the blackout days are from Oct 10, 2014 -Jan 2015. with little open days available for time off.

eye opening

I have been working at NIKE

Pros

the food was great

Cons

the dumb you down mentally

Working part time at Nike Factory

I have been working at NIKE part-time

Pros

Great overall company to work for very organized, great discount on product

Cons

The pay is a little low but other than that great

It has been great. I've learned a lot.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at NIKE part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The discount would the the first pro. This is my first retail job and I have gained a lot of experience working here at Niketown.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to move up if someone doesn't quit, move up, or get fired. Most of the time you tend to get stuck depending on what you want to achieve in the company.

Be more considerate on a persons work value instead of how they answer questions in an interview.

Best place I have ever worked.

Current Employee - Color Designer I - Footwear  in  Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Color Designer I - Footwear in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than a year

Pros

Progressive mindset, big on family and work/life balance. The benefits are amazing. Hot yoga during my lunch break? Yes please!

Cons

The very laid back attitude means you must be a self-starter, and some people don't ever seam to be
    'checked' on this. There are some people in roles who are not qualified to be there.

There is a lack of quality leadership skills in many of the people who are put in leadership roles.

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!