NIKE Reviews

Updated October 19, 2014
3.9

NIKE President & CEO Mark G. Parker
Mark G. Parker

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too (in 63 reviews)

• It is a laid back work environment, but there is definite emphasis on getting the job done (in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • Mandatory open availability makes it hard to maintain a healthy work/life balance (in 25 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors (in 23 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Company

Former Employee - Athlete in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Athlete in New York, NY

I worked at NIKE part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nike holds a lot of events which employees can be a part of, room for growth and development depending how you apply yourself. Meet many great people as well. Benefits are good, if your are full time.

Cons

Pay is average, not outstanding considering its a huge company. Hours are hard to come by, based on business needs. Use to be fun to work for, parties, employee events, better perks but have noticed a decline in "employee appreciation".

Nike

I have been working at NIKE

Pros

As far as retail goes, this was easily one of the best jobs I have ever had. It is a great atmosphere and you sell an awesome product.

Cons

Typical retail frustrations. I have nothing negative to say about my time as an employee with Nike.

I enjoyed my time with Nike. I left only seeking a greater management opportunity.

Awesome work in Nike

Current Employee - Senior Product Support Engineer in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Product Support Engineer in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at NIKE as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Great companny culture, innovative, democratic, no hierarchy, high motivation, listen to employees

Cons

No hifi technology used, less pain, no challenging task

Super awesome! But at times a may get boring

Former Employee - Seasonal Athlete in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Athlete in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NIKE part-time (less than an year)

Pros

definitely the environment while working for Niketown was a fun experience. I always loved the marketing involved with Nike products. It always seems so advanced and futuristic.

Cons

Sometimes working in the retail shops can get a bit slow. There is not much flexibility other than helping customers find shoes, or whatever products they need. You are limited to a few responsibility.

Management was cool. I wish I got to meet more of the corporate individuals

It is a very fun environment to work with.

Current Employee - Nike Athlete in Aurora, OH
    Current Employee - Nike Athlete in Aurora, OH

I have been working at NIKE part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy working with my team members. Everyone is extremely nice and welcoming.

Cons

It is a very fast paced environment, therefore you need to be on your A game.

Open more internship opportunities.

Remember the Man

Former Employee - Footwear Coach
    Former Employee - Footwear Coach

I worked at NIKE full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company for work life balance. The company offers great perks and has a lot to offer the employees. Salary and benefits are amazing.

Cons

if you don't know someone to get you the job it is ten times harder to get the job. Value of knowledge not as high as knowing someone in the business.

Easy job

I have been working at NIKE

Pros

Discount, flexible hours, good coworkers

Cons

high turn over rate, pay

"Innovation is our Key" A thriving company that keeps growing.

Former Employee - Coach in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Coach in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NIKE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Innovative, constantly growing company. Positive environment and people with passion for the brand. A lot of growth opportunity. Real team feeling. Shorts and t-shirts all day. Good Work/Life balance. Youth is the energy to the company and work staff. Always going to "Do the Right Thing." Good communication as a company. Great people to work with and for.

Cons

Upper management is 50/50, some good some bad. Still learning and doesn't have the answers to everything. New to Retail so still need to implement policies for retail sector.

Invest more in training. Investigate upper management for performance beyond numbers. Team culture affects store success.

NIke Inc. / NFL

Current Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Suffolk, VA
    Current Employee - Inventory Control Specialist in Suffolk, VA

I have been working at NIKE full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong corporate culture and values. Great sense of belonging to a team. Pay according to job title is fairly decent. Lots of benefits and perks.

Cons

At my facility there are only five employees so it's hard to say this about the company as a whole. Not very much room for promotion at my location, unless I move to Memphis or Oregon. My job demands that I go above and beyond the tasks of my job title. I would say my proper job title should be Logistics Specialist which would call for a significant pay increase. I do however, get paid pretty well compared to the average salary of an Inventory Control in my area. We get a good sized bonus once a year which is based of off PSP (profit sharing program). Management is very caring about the well-being of the employees. Plenty of PTO.

Managers should be more knowledgeable of the tasks performed by their employees. I learned most of my job through emails and phone calls to separate departments in other states.

Pros and Cons of Nike

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at NIKE full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are very important to Nike community. The pay may be a little low based on how much you go through but the end the benefits, people and life-work balance pays off.

Cons

Pay is to low for the amount of work