NIKE
www.nikeinc.com Beaverton, OR 5000+ Employees

NIKE Reviews

Pros:
  • "Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too"
    in 46 reviews
  • "great work environment and encourage good balance between work and life"
    in 47 reviews
Cons:
  • "Overall business process management is well behind the times, extremely unbalanced work/life balance (life"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

A good company.

Supply Chain Logistics Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at NIKE

Prosgood employee discount, good and open minded leadership (in my area). Less office politics and most of them are trying to get the work done.

ConsI am working as an ETW (External Temp. Worker) and I would say at least 25% of the work force working on the WHQ are ETW. When you are an ETW, you don't enjoy the benefits and the promotion you deserved. (And you also happen to see a lot of employees to stay at NIKE for ages... like 10+, 20+ or even 30+ years) And this particular item can be good or bad depends on how you see it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove your good/effective ETW to be your employee, show them there is a door to really enjoy NIKE as a whole. Not just an out-sider all the time.

Wonderful, great place to start a career.

I worked at NIKE

ProsGreat opportunity for growth within

ConsMust know someone to get a job

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Very positive place to work, company truly cares about employee satisfaction

Manager, Product Creation (Former Employee)

I worked at NIKE

ProsIt is a very respectful work environment with tight deadlines and intense goals. Company is very innovative, which leads to a decent amount of disarray, but the people who work there are used to dealing with it. You need to be very adaptable to work here. The culture is fantastic - very casual with lots of friendships among co-workers. Total benefits are very good, when you consider employee pricing, on-site fitness centers, on-site daycare, and a beautiful work environment.

ConsThe competitiveness of the environment makes open positions very competitive as well. As such, many good people have a hard time getting promoted. But most people with a lot of drive have success finding new opportunities within.

NIKE

Footwear Designer II (Current Employee)

I have been working at NIKE

ProsRoom for growth, lots of bonuses, traveling.

ConsLots of traveling (for me, personally) & make sure to make deadlines!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep offering us room for growth

GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT BUT BE READY TO KISS ASS IF YOU WANT TO MOVE UP

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsGREAT PAY
GREAT BENEFITS
GET TO MEET FAMOUS PPL
WEAR COMFORTABLE CLOTHING TO WORK

ConsFAVORITISM
INCOMPETENT MANAGERS
THE ASSOCIATES ARE SOMETIMES IGNORE

Advice to Senior ManagementHIRE BETTER MANAGERS AND LISTEN TO YOUR ASSOCIATES.

Great place, great place to work and recreate

I have been working at NIKE

ProsLiberal time off policy, room to create.

ConsAdvancement can be difficult for many

This place is total chaos

Senior Applications Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at NIKE

ProsNike has a nice benefits package. Employees get good discounts on merchandise. Most employees dress very informally, which is nice.

ConsImmature development culture. Lots of overtime expected. No on-boarding of new employees. No process. Management attempts to solve problems by throwing more people at them. Unrealistic deadlines. Working on the weekend is not atypical.

Best job on earth - love the job just wish I'd be allowed to do more parts of it.

I worked at NIKE

ProsThe Nike campus and community are second to none. People love working here. Work and home life balance is more achievable here than other companies - family time is encouraged. The employee gym is great - best in class. Love seeing major athletes on campus. Nike does care tremendously about its' people and makes the extra effort to hire back good people they may have previously had to lay off.

ConsToo much documentation and not enough hands on 'doing' for some positions. Lots of positions are actually portions of jobs with many hand offs - kind of like whisper down the lane. Rarely does one work on something from concept to launch. Everyone is too replaceable. Many feel that way and move on quickly to something else just when they got the hang of their previous position.
Weather here is worse than they tell you, so be prepared and bring rain boots.

Advice to Senior ManagementTeams could be so much more efficient. Apparel could be coordinated with footwear and accessories to drive more sales and make consumers happier with ensemble looks. There is a lot of waste in terms of redundant resources due to walled silos between divisions and highly competitive managers that seem not wanting to share. People in the same buildings don't share much information at all - not even to join each others' holiday parties. There needs to be more team integration departments - maybe a team of experts knowledge bank that mentors. There are a few people who are patent happy - they don't check out information and feasibility before racing to file or are too quick to tag onto others' work for credit. Lengthy time lines can be frustrating to green light projects - mangers change multiple times during process and wheels need to be reinvented constantly.

IT - Technical (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

I have been working at NIKE

ProsIf you are enthusiastic about your work, results driven and always looking for ways to improve this is the place to be.
Nike rewards individuals that are highly skilled and deliver results.
The Lean movement adopted across all Nike is helping reducing waste and politics.

ConsSometimes the work-life balance is forgotten, but things are slowly improving.
In spite of the lean movement there are still too many layers of management that all need to be involved in major decisions to get things done.
Like in most big companies people are being referred to as 'resources' and that says a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccelerate the lean movement and adoption to ensure Nike will do even better.
Create a flat organizational structure (the re-org 2 years ago didn't change enough) that ensures decisions can be made faster and the people with ideas or doing the work have better access to directors or senior directors to discuss ideas.

The Best!

ProsGreat Atmosphere
Great Uniform
Great Discount on nike products and Affiliated companies
Great Wages..What more can you ask for in a Job

ConsSometimes you get scheduled for days you request off, even if you requested in the time you were alotted. I guess this means bad management. And there was really no solution for the influx of customers we would get, it would just be huge battlefield especially during the weekends which made working pretty stressful and there is a lot of international customers so the language barrier could sometimes be a problem too

Advice to Senior ManagementSpread the common/popular product around the floor so the associate that is working there doesnt feel overwhelmed since its usually in one area.

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NIKE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NIKE CEO Mark G. Parker. All 42 reviews posted anonymously by NIKE employees.