NIKE
www.nikeinc.com Beaverton, OR 5000+ Employees

NIKE Reviews

Updated Nov 11, 2013

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros:
  • "Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too"
    in 46 reviews
  • "great work environment and encourage good balance between work and life"
    in 47 reviews
Cons:
  • "Overall business process management is well behind the times, extremely unbalanced work/life balance (life"
    in 20 reviews
  • "Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Working here is amazing. It doesn't get any better than this.

Athlete (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NIKE part-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat discount on all Nike products. Fun place. Stress free environment

ConsCareer opportunties are rare in regards to advancement in the company.

Good place to work

Sales Person (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at NIKE full-time for more than a year

ProsAt Nike, it's about bringing what you have to a challenging and constantly evolving game.

Consproductive, fun work just did not care for climate in Portland

My experience at Nike was unforgettable.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
San Marcos, TX

I worked at NIKE part-time for more than a year

ProsThe culture of Nike made you feel like you were at home with family.

ConsMy downside about this career was flexibility with schedules.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn a new system to make changing schedules easier.

Great people, great culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at NIKE

ProsI truly loved working at Nike and the people that work there. The campus is amazing, the business has some of the best leaders, and the energy level is infectious. They treat their employees extremely well.

ConsI really can not think of any cons other than their location. Many people like living there, but it wasn't for me.

Love working for the company!

Athlete (Current Employee)
Woodburn, OR

I have been working at NIKE part-time for less than a year

ProsGood work environment. Upbeat. Team-oriented.

ConsLow pay. Some people who are there just for the benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure that benefited athletes are positive leaders on the floor. Upper management needs to continue to build relationships with athletes.

Premium Culture

Account Service Representative (Current Employee)
Beaverton, OR

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits, discounts, and work life balance.

ConsPay, career path, and big company

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communication needed between the different moving parts of the NIKE.

Whirlwind of experience, driven to being market leader

Beaverton, OR

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than a year

ProsWork-life balance is far above average.

ConsInternal Politics can get in the way of pursuing an ideal engineering solution that meets Brand needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn digital commerce? Focus on solid new hires, focus on mobile, don't align yourself too much with Apple. The interactive shopping experience is not as far away as people think it is.

athlete

Elizabeth, NJ

I have been working at NIKE part-time for more than a year

Prosawesome staff, enforce teamwork, huddles

Consearly trucks, lazy workers, sometimes lack of hours

Best place on Earth to work

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Portland, OR

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than a year

ProsBeautiful Campus, excellent benefits, always evolving, welcomes change, and dominates the market

Conslack of parking spaces due to contruction of new facilities and upgrading of older buildings, and traffic around the campus during rush hour

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Great job for a person in high school. Not for adults with bills.

Athlete II (Former Employee)
Aurora, OH

I worked at NIKE part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat place for a first job, kids in high school, or full-time college. Great place to learn retail and the discounts are pretty sweet! The company is big on team building and making sure everyone gets along. The uniform is nice wearing Nike all day. The company has contests and giveaways to boost morale.

ConsThe hours are terrible. When seasonal employees are hired they receive more hours than the permanent employees. If you need to request off for family typically they would say no but people who requested off to party usually got time off.

The store I worked at turned over employees regularly. The store manager was never there and there was little to no leadership. The lead managers are young people ranging from 19-24. If a person didn't participate in outside work activities or "voluntary" games during work hours they were considered problematic. It had the same environment of being in high school.

It is hard to become full-time. A co-worker had been there 5+ years and was not full-time not by choice. If a person wants to move up in the company they would have to move possibly to another state and have permission from their current store manager. Benefits are hard to get due to the fact the company only allows so many full-time employees.

When the managers want to let a person go they don't fire them. They say they quit. They leave their name on the schedule but they won't be scheduled hours. Calling the hotline that is supposed to be confidential about concerns relating to management has only has resulted in direct consequence from the store manager for the people that have tried to report issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementAthletes (associates) should have hours managed by someone outside the store. The managers go into the system and change the hours to give more hours to certain people. Hours for seasonal employees should not exceed hours of permanent employees.

There should be a better system for dealing with management issues. No one could report any problem about the store manager because word would get back to them and because their manager would protect them.

When firing people, the management should have a responsibility to tell the person they are being fired and put on record they are being fired. Saying they quit is not helping anyone.

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NIKE reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NIKE CEO Mark G. Parker. All 130 reviews posted anonymously by NIKE employees.