NIKE Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
3.9

NIKE President & CEO Mark G. Parker
Mark G. Parker

Pros
  • Work-life balance is good as long as your direct manager is on board too (in 57 reviews)

• It is a laid back work environment, but there is definite emphasis on getting the job done (in 52 reviews)

Cons
  • If you have a family it can be difficult to manage work life balance (in 22 reviews)

• Sometimes long hours and late nights at work in order to communicate with overseas vendors (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

Best place I have ever worked.

Current Employee - Color Designer I - Footwear  in  Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Color Designer I - Footwear in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than a year

Pros

Progressive mindset, big on family and work/life balance. The benefits are amazing. Hot yoga during my lunch break? Yes please!

Cons

The very laid back attitude means you must be a self-starter, and some people don't ever seam to be
    'checked' on this. There are some people in roles who are not qualified to be there.

There is a lack of quality leadership skills in many of the people who are put in leadership roles.

Good Job, but not enough $

Current Employee - Nike Athlete
    Current Employee - Nike Athlete

I have been working at NIKE full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very team oriented, you get bonuses for going over budgets for that day, room for advancement in the company

Cons

Not enough hours to actually make a difference paycheck wise. When it is off months, you are lucky to get $200 for 2 weeks worth of work! Definitely not the job for someone who is trying to live off of one job! Even when they dont have the hours to give out to their current employees, they will still hire new people! We cant survive in the month of September & October on 12 hours a week!

GIVE YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYEES THE HOURS SO THEY CAN SUPPORT THEIR FAMILIES & PAY THEIR BILLS!!!!!!

Overall, liked my experience at Nike.

I worked at NIKE

Pros

I am really into sports and the athletic culture so working here was a really cool experience. It was seasonal so I learned a lot and got to meet a lot of great people. Not sure if things have changed since I've worked there but overall great team.

Cons

They weren't too flexible after the schedule was made, in regards to trading shifts and what not if something came up. But nothing else too negative.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun times

I have been working at NIKE

Pros

Learned to appreciate proper footwear from a great company

Cons

No incentive to perform great with sales goals

Manager encouraged no OT pay

I worked at NIKE for more than a year

Pros

Pretty nice environment, running trail around main campus, great cafeterias, close to shopping and access to employee store.

Cons

My first meeting with my team lead revolved around OT. He told me when he worked there as a contractor, he never billed for OT. He spoke to me and other members on the team, trying to get us to not bill for OT, despite working long hours. Also saw instances where they would take advantage of people on a VISA and also not pay fair wage or OT.

Manage the leads better. They should not be encouraging people to NOT get paid for OT. Also saw instances where they would take advantage of people on a VISA and also not pay fair wage or OT.

preparing Nike showrooms for the Sales is great fun!

Former Employee - Assistant In Sales Department  in  Prague (Czech Republic)
    Former Employee - Assistant In Sales Department in Prague (Czech Republic)

I worked at NIKE part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great benefits in terms of significant discounts on apparel, footwear and equipment
    good team, friendly atmosphere

Cons

career growth opportunities, especially in Prague are not so great. some corporate workflows are also not transparent

clear sweatshop statement, clear statement on ethical treatment of animals (mainly where does the leather on our shoes come from?)

Fun, but severely underpaid.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at NIKE part-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount and great team environment

Cons

Horrible pay, no further training on product knowledge

motivating and inspirational each day.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at NIKE full-time for more than a year

Pros

ethos, benefits, community work, product, people

Cons

communication between departments, pace, no petty cash,

Great place to work, a lot of good things

Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser  in  Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)
    Former Employee - Visual Merchandiser in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

I worked at NIKE full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice sneakers and clothes as present when special events, good schedules from monday to friday, they are good with their employees, make you feel part of the company, good discounts and other benefits. the company is good i all aspects and liked a lot to work here.

Cons

maybe because the company is so small in my country, the opportunities to grow are very limited, but again this might be because of the size and due the team is so small. the salary can be better.

re think the salary of the employees, is not that as bad as in other companies, but still if you compare with the salary of the same position in the USA is a huge difference.

Customer Service

I worked at NIKE part-time

Pros

Fun Environment, flexible hours, great discount on nike products. The managers were great, co-workers were great. overall loved this job.

Cons

The pay isn't all that great. There wasn't a whole lot of training. the job was only part time. They don't hire full time employees at all unless you become a manager.

They were all great.

Worked for NIKE? Contribute to the Community!