NJVC

Updated March 4, 2015
Updated March 4, 2015
2.4

Jody J Tedesco

Pros
  • Good benefits and comparable to the market (in 4 reviews)

• Fair compensation, great people, great environment (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Minimal or nonexistant opportunities for growth (in 3 reviews)

• The breakdown appears to be at the middle management level (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Entrepreneurial Spirit!

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at NJVC full-time

Pros

Medium-sized company with a friendly feel and above average pay; managers are pretty flexible about work schedules and the Company really promotes a great work-life balance. Really supportive of the Military and the Company's mission aligns with what I want to do. Super stoked about the possibilities here!

Cons

Life isn't always greener at other companies - been there done that. I like what they offer here at NJVC!

Provide the right guidance and lets work together to see great things happen!

Mediocre

Current Employee - Enterprise Service Desk Technician in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Enterprise Service Desk Technician in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at NJVC full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay, co workers, benefits are ok.

Cons

This company does nothing but take perks of being employed with them away. When a corporate letter or email comes down it is always something negative. The HR reps are garbage, they never return your calls or emails. The HR department should have its own HR over them, this company is a good starting point, but is slowly skinking. Contract may be gone come October 2015. Look elsewhere for the meantime.

Get with the program, you have employees who are willing to do anything at the drop of a pin. South talent is underutilized with this company, and it is disappointing.

NJVC Response

Mar 4, 2015

Good Morning and thank you for your review. As the head of Human Resources, I take your comments very seriously and want to make sure we are addressing all employee needs in a timely manner. I ... More

SMallish company

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at NJVC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Treated me incredibly well but on it's way out...

Cons

Limited future opportunity...Contract is on it;s way out

Good for the short term; no support for the long haul

I worked at NJVC

Pros

decent benefits package compared to competitors.
    good backoffice support.

Cons

don't expect any support beyond the project you're hired for.
    when it's over, you're done. no real effort to build up personnel as resources. you're a labor-based revenue source. nothing more.

show your employees opportunities; have a plan; consider career progression and growth considerations.

Going down hill quick

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at NJVC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Exciting opportunities in a challenging atmosphere has taught me more than I expected. Pay increases over the years have been much better than I expected.

Cons

Current lack of direction and lack of company future is very disheartening. Seem to be running after anything shiny in hopes that there will be a future rather than coming up with a real plan. Benefits are quickly evaporating and professional growth has gone down to nothing.

Engage with your employees and let them know where they'll be in 5 years. The message you are sending now is that they won't be working for NJVC.

Great pay, benefits disappearing, morale at an all-time low

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

I have been working at NJVC

Pros

NJVC pays very well
    Medical/Dental insurance is great

Cons

Lack of vision from the senior leadership and reliance on one single large contract to sustain the company.
    Corporate investment in areas that we had no business investing as a small company - cloud and data center namely
    Benefits are rapidly disappearing like paid time off, no pay increase for 2015
    Communication from the senior leadership to the team has altogether ceased with the exception of email correspondence when it's time to let us know about a benefit changing

Get in the trenches with your folks. Respect begets respect and loyalty does the same. We are a small company, getting smaller, so get back in here with us. Roll up your sleeves and dig in with your team. We understand that times are changing, and the economic climate isn't what it was years ago - BUT - we feel like we're alone in this fight and that we're just a number.

A company in desperate need of leadership!

I worked at NJVC full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The ONLY reason someone should work here is if they are unable to secure another job, other than that, this company is THE WORST! Ethically, Morally, and otherwise, this company is terrible. The HR department is not trained properly, the Management staff does not have a Management 101 course, and even though the requirements for Management jobs are spelled out, most of them don't have the proper education level (if any education at all) to maintain the position.

Cons

Working for people that have the understanding of a 5 year old can be tough, which is what it was like working for certain people in this company. The benefits are atrocious and the pay has gone into the tank as well. Contracts are not being won and strategic partnerships have not been formed because of all the haughtiness that exist.

The Parent company should replace the CEO and talk to the boots on the ground to understand how things really are...then they should setup recurring meetings with their customers to build better relationships

It's just sad...

I worked at NJVC

Pros

Good people doing the actual work of the company, decent benefits when you take into account company HSA contribution and immediate vesting in 401k match but overall benefits are evaporating rapidly because of "cost cutting" and decisions made by parent company.

Cons

Lack of promotion potential, no performance increases last year while management doesn't seem to have any problem giving themselves promotions, sizable bonuses and other perks. Most senior management don't even work in the building or even in the same part of the country, they "work" from home in completely different states. Most employees don't even know what they look like. Corporate communication is a total joke. An IT company should be able to do better than a few bullet points in plain text for a company newsletter. The only time you hear from the CEO is when he sends an email saying he's promoting an already senior VP to a "chief", or that we have lost a contract and to wait to hear from your supervisor the next day to see if you're losing your job - then hides and says if you have any concerns to send them to corporate communications instead of actually being accessible himself.

It's too late now to right the ship. Efforts to bid on new work or even keeping the work they have had for many years have all failed but they keep throwing tons of cash at new business development staff. Management just seems to be milking the cow until the contract ends and are laughing all the way to the bank while they look the employees in the face and tell them there's no budget for merit increases or PTO. Anyone with a decent resume should consider leaving before having NJVC in your recent employment history becomes more of a joke than it already is.

Management should be ashamed of itself. A lot of good, hardworking, decent people are affected by the decisions you make. Stop patting yourselves on the back and rewarding each other at the expense of your employees.

NJVC Needs Help-The Ship is Sinking

I worked at NJVC

Pros

Excellent pay if you got into the company in the early years. At one time benefits were good and NJVC was a decent company to work for.

Cons

NJVC has little chance of a future beyond 2016. It has failed to secure any significant new contract work outside of its only sizable Prime Contract, which is ending in < 2 years or sooner if it doesn't get its act together. Benefits are eroding fast, salaries were frozen last year, and employee confidence in Management is all but non-existent. Nepotism is obvious and there is little to no accountability regardless of how good or how bad someone performs. If you are not part of the inner circle within Management, you might as well go somewhere else because you will go nowhere. NJVC has no vision or strategy going into the future. The company doesn't really value the people that keep the wheels turning. It is a real shame.

Listen to your employees and get lose the arrogance. Hire real business development professionals that have proven track records of winning new business opportunities. Offer some incentive to retain talented professionals and stop playing favorites among the select few.

Great company over the years, but steadily losing momentum... Won't be around in 2 years.

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Chantilly, VA

I worked at NJVC

Pros

* Great pay
    * Benefits were good until they started chipping away at PTO earned recently

Cons

* Riding the roller coaster... Cuts rumored every few months. Saw a lot of really good ESSENTIAL people get cut (without much notice) just so they could save money, or "lack of funding" because of mismanagement of money, and side contracts.
    * HR juggling too many things at once. Mass confusion.

* Be open and honest with your people! The rumors travel fast, so squash them and get to the point. Expand the company into projects and programs that are beneficial instead of those that come to a screeching halt with minimal notice.
    * Help your people move up and advance their careers, rather than sit at the bottom forever. This is how companies grow!
    * Recognize people contributions and sacrifices. NJVC used to recognize people with awards all the time. Haven't seen one in 2 years for anyone not at HQ.