NLC
www.nlcincsf.com San Francisco, CA 16 to 50 Employees

NLC Reviews

Updated Apr 17, 2014

Good experience, but overlooked for months

San Francisco, CA

ProsFun high energy and motivating, allot of useful skill to acquire . I loved going to work I would always have a good time if anything . Systems are easy to learn, learned allot about sales and management

ConsWhen the office isn't doing well we have meetings that last for to long. Slight favoritism, opportunity given to favorites.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe performance based all the time, take more accountability for the office production

It is not worthy working here

Sales Account Manager (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThey hire anyone at all.

ConsI responded to a message on CareerBuilder that made the job sound very appealing. They said that they're in sales and marketing, their office is growing very fast and there's plenty of room for advancement. But here's what they don't tell you. No matter what title they give you, you will working 8-12 hours per day being a door to door salesman. THERE IS NO MINIMUM WAGE. Sometimes during the training, I can't even have lunch until 4:00 PM.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy trainer cannot even spell a word.........

Fun environment to be a part of

San Francisco, CA

ProsThe position gives lots of room for advancement. The company participates in raising funds and donations for charity. I am friends with everyone in the office, it's like a family oriented place to be. Opportunity for travel is great!

ConsThis position is definitely not for someone looking to come and go from a "job" but rather someone looking for a career. One must have a strong work ethic to do well.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great for recent graduates who are looking for a career!

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Pros1. Promotions are purely from within, and completely based on merit. No politics, not based on seniority.
    2. There is no glass ceiling, always opportunities for growth.
    3. Fun company culture! Team bonding weekly with many opportunities to travel!

Cons1. You have to be willing to work hard! You get what you put into this business.
    2. Everyone has to start entry-level, no matter what experience they have gained in the past.

A different type of Company

Account Manager Training Program (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsYou can earn a lot of money

ConsYo don't have a base salary for the first year and a half.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe interviews are really good for my taste

Great Place for Entrepreneurs to Flourish

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsAll employees start at the entry level position and promotions are based on performance not seniority (or politics).

Great team environment! I come to work with all my friends every day and we have many events and fundraisers. I know some of these people will be business partners of mine in the future because we all have one goal and work together.

Performance based pay is a huge plus for me because I know my hard work is rewarded, where as someone else who isn't putting in the effort will not deserve the same as me. I've always liked to be acknowledged for what I accomplish and I get that at NLC.

Opportunity is there for the taking to anyone who wants to come grab it. It's hard to find a company that has grown as much as NLC has in a down economy. I love that no one has ever been laid off so I feel stability here.

ConsHard work on the front end of the position. Anyone who's really putting in for their career won't think twice about the effort needed, but employee mindsets do not fit well here. NLC is not looking for anyone who wants to clock in and clock out.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

The worst experience of my life. Please stay far away from these liars and thieves.

Sales Manager (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThey hire anyone at all.

ConsI responded to a message on Craigslist that made the job sound very appealing. They said that they're in sales and marketing, their office is growing very fast and there's plenty of room for advancement. But here's what they don't tell you. No matter what title they give you, you will working 8-12 hours per day being a door to door salesman. It's a very high pressure job, you are not paid for training, and most of the time you are making under minimum wage (they will call you an independent contractor in order to get around minimum wage laws). I was miserable the whole time, and the same with most of my coworkers. but what about all the positive reviews here? They were all written by the Owner and I know this for a fact.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice. You're beyond hope.

Not for everyone

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsAnd amazing team, lots of room for self development, lots of opportunity for advancement, and you can make as much as you want to make, you just need to work hard. But you will get rewarded for hard work, and isn't that the american dream?

ConsYou have to be confident in yourself, and not take no's personally. It consists of putting yourself out there in front of businesses and things may get awkward or uncomfortable, and sometimes you may feel like a "salesman", but it's all about your attitude!

Love my Experience with NLC

San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat personnel, extremely friendly administrators, team-oriented environment, career oriented, charity outreach with Operation Smile.

ConsThis position is not for everyone. You definitely have to be business-oriented and must have good customer skills to be in this business.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything's looking bright!!

NLC is by far the best job I've had!

Sales Account Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsNLC Inc. has been an amazing experience since I joined the team about a month ago. From day one, I shadowed one of the senior level sales managers and learned what a great opportunity this position entails. He showed me that with hard work, ambition and organization you can honestly achieve your goals. Through this job, I have met so many inspiring people and I really look forward to what NLC Inc. can teach me.

ConsThe only con I can think of is that not enough people have taken advantage of this amazing opportunity.

Worked for NLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NLC reviews and ratings. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by NLC employees.