NLC

Updated August 15, 2014
Updated August 15, 2014
3.4

CEO

Good experience, but overlooked for months

I have been working at NLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun high energy and motivating, allot of useful skill to acquire . I loved going to work I would always have a good time if anything . Systems are easy to learn, learned allot about sales and management

Cons

When the office isn't doing well we have meetings that last for to long. Slight favoritism, opportunity given to favorites.

Be performance based all the time, take more accountability for the office production

It is not worthy working here

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They hire anyone at all.

Cons

I responded to a message on CareerBuilder that made the job sound very appealing. They said that they're in sales and marketing, their office is growing very fast and there's plenty of room for advancement. But here's what they don't tell you. No matter what title they give you, you will working 8-12 hours per day being a door to door salesman. THERE IS NO MINIMUM WAGE. Sometimes during the training, I can't even have lunch until 4:00 PM.

My trainer cannot even spell a word.........

Fun environment to be a part of

I have been working at NLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The position gives lots of room for advancement. The company participates in raising funds and donations for charity. I am friends with everyone in the office, it's like a family oriented place to be. Opportunity for travel is great!

Cons

This position is definitely not for someone looking to come and go from a "job" but rather someone looking for a career. One must have a strong work ethic to do well.

Great for recent graduates who are looking for a career!

Current Employee - Human Resources in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

1. Promotions are purely from within, and completely based on merit. No politics, not based on seniority.
    2. There is no glass ceiling, always opportunities for growth.
    3. Fun company culture! Team bonding weekly with many opportunities to travel!

Cons

1. You have to be willing to work hard! You get what you put into this business.
    2. Everyone has to start entry-level, no matter what experience they have gained in the past.

A different type of Company

Former Employee - Account Manager Training Program in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager Training Program in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

You can earn a lot of money

Cons

Yo don't have a base salary for the first year and a half.

The interviews are really good for my taste

The worst experience of my life. Please stay far away from these liars and thieves.

Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They hire anyone at all.

Cons

I responded to a message on Craigslist that made the job sound very appealing. They said that they're in sales and marketing, their office is growing very fast and there's plenty of room for advancement. But here's what they don't tell you. No matter what title they give you, you will working 8-12 hours per day being a door to door salesman. It's a very high pressure job, you are not paid for training, and most of the time you are making under minimum wage (they will call you an independent contractor in order to get around minimum wage laws). I was miserable the whole time, and the same with most of my coworkers. but what about all the positive reviews here? They were all written by the Owner and I know this for a fact.

No advice. You're beyond hope.

Great Place for Entrepreneurs to Flourish

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

All employees start at the entry level position and promotions are based on performance not seniority (or politics).

Great team environment! I come to work with all my friends every day and we have many events and fundraisers. I know some of these people will be business partners of mine in the future because we all have one goal and work together.

Performance based pay is a huge plus for me because I know my hard work is rewarded, where as someone else who isn't putting in the effort will not deserve the same as me. I've always liked to be acknowledged for what I accomplish and I get that at NLC.

Opportunity is there for the taking to anyone who wants to come grab it. It's hard to find a company that has grown as much as NLC has in a down economy. I love that no one has ever been laid off so I feel stability here.

Cons

Hard work on the front end of the position. Anyone who's really putting in for their career won't think twice about the effort needed, but employee mindsets do not fit well here. NLC is not looking for anyone who wants to clock in and clock out.

None

Love my Experience with NLC

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NLC full-time

Pros

Great personnel, extremely friendly administrators, team-oriented environment, career oriented, charity outreach with Operation Smile.

Cons

This position is not for everyone. You definitely have to be business-oriented and must have good customer skills to be in this business.

Everything's looking bright!!

Not for everyone

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NLC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

And amazing team, lots of room for self development, lots of opportunity for advancement, and you can make as much as you want to make, you just need to work hard. But you will get rewarded for hard work, and isn't that the american dream?

Cons

You have to be confident in yourself, and not take no's personally. It consists of putting yourself out there in front of businesses and things may get awkward or uncomfortable, and sometimes you may feel like a "salesman", but it's all about your attitude!

I am blown away by the growth opportunity!

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NLC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have been working for the organization for about a year now, and I feel like I have learned so much. I was a recent college graduate who wasn't sure how to get started in the work force, but I knew I needed to gain business knowledge and skills. I was hired on the team at NLC, and I immediately started growing as a business professional. Along with the great mentoring and leadership program, there is an awesome company culture. Every week there are cool events planned that allows the employees to really get to know each other, which then makes the position that much more enjoyable. I am very excited for what the future holds with NLC, and I am glad to be a part of a growing organization.

Cons

Starting as a new employee with NLC, it may seem like a bit of a culture shock to some people, because of the challenge. This is not an easy 9-5 position.

NLC Photos