NNE Pharmaplan Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.8
Morten Nielsen

Great place to land or consider making your last stop!

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

NNE Pharmaplan lavish their employees with development and training programs, including very premium one-on-one executive mentorship. Their newly developed career model provides excellent development advancement options. The management team is easily approachable. They attempt to provide unique opportunities to enable fostering both technical skills and business development/client relationship skills, as well as to fully understand own potential. Their benefit package, specially 401K match program, is very generous. The company's vision and future seems promising.

Cons

Providing engineering/consulting services can be demanding as dependent on project/client needs. Sometimes, it can provide excellent opportunity to lead others and to develop your own capabilities, while sometimes finding right project that can provide opportunities to apply the developed skills can be challenging. Although difficult to implement, perhaps an apprenticeship model beyond training program, can be useful.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

NNE Pharmaplan

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at NNE Pharmaplan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great company, challenging, great benefits, flexible, cares about the employees

Cons

Company works on contract, so sometimes difficult to get next assignment. You have to constantly look for that next opportunity. Also, you can tend to travel/move around alot as a result of the contract work.

Great Place To Work For Engineering (In American- Not just Denmark

Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Process Engineer in Research Triangle Park, NC

I have been working at NNE Pharmaplan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Leadership\ Management Team: After years of not have good leadership direction or strategy, the leadership team has finally taken the right direction. Additionally, they have removed several of the people and previous management positions that made it less than desirable to work with. A new strategy and better focus has greatly improved the dynamics of the company. Leadership and management are very engaged with the employees. I actually talk with the CEO (and shake his hand) every time he is in the US office and so do all the employees. I talk with the President of the North American Division almost daily. My Manager is accessible and response to feedback, so much so, that they have changed some things based on my suggestions. As for the satellite offices, they visit them every 4-6 weeks (if there is not an office manager present) and provide remote support at other times. - Variety In Projects: I have never worked at a place were I can work on utility systems, biotech, and pharma all within a day. It is a nice change from the daily fire fighting I used to do. - Co-workers: I enjoy working with everyone in the office. They care about me and want to collaborate on projects. Definitely a team environment. If I need support, they are there to help. Plus, they want to help me succeed, so they will provide advice when needed. We tend to do lunch together and hang out after work on occasion. My manager also sets up team building activities and fosters a team atmosphere through out side of work get togethers. - Culture: Nothing can beat the work life balance of a European based company. I can work from home when needed and they provide flex time when available. There is also a focus on developing me professionally. I can attend classes (MBA, trade, etc.) and attend conferences. The more I learn the more it benefits the company so they help push that view.

Cons

- Business Cycle: It's just the nature of the business but there are times of heavy workload and then slow times. It is the slow times that are the con's. The company does a good job with managing the slow times but it can be difficult when there is not much to do which is about 1-2 months out of the year total (not all at once time but spread out). - Resource Management:: Sometimes it feels like there is not enough people to do the work. Management does a good job at moving people around to support and makes sure the work gets done but it means you have to be flexible in skills and timing.

Advice to Management

New strategy and focus is working. Keep it up. Make sure you continue to bring in people that fit with the company culture of team work.

Future looks much brighter.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at NNE Pharmaplan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been working at NNE for over 2 ½ years. Anybody looking to work at this company might be concerned due to the plunging rating trend on glassdoor over the last ½ year or so and some of the comments. The US had a layoff which led to these poor reviews. This is history now and business has been very good. The company has been focused in some high growth areas, and there has been a lot of new business. --One of the leading pharma consulting companies in the world --Great opportunity to learn from the best. --good benefit --Compensation for those extra hours put in on a project --good culture --opportunity to work/live abroad if you desire. --They do business with the leading Pharma companies in the world

Cons

The US is a little hectic at times. There has been a lot of employee churn but we should be past it now, but still a risk

Advice to Management

US employees view things very differently than employees in Denmark.

NNE Pharmaplan

Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Prefer Not to Say in Raleigh, NC

I worked at NNE Pharmaplan (More than a year)

Pros

NNE has better benefits than the average consulting firm

Cons

pay scales are lower than competitors, their business model of "closer to the customer" encourages management to put employees at client job sites and thus cause employees to do a lot of travel. Although the they say they have various incentive plans to give employees bonuses they always have reasons why they can not actually award those bonuses.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees.

NNE Pharmaplan North America

Former Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Sales in Raleigh, NC

I worked at NNE Pharmaplan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Focused exclusively on Biopharmaceutical Engineering and consulting services. Strategic focus on global big Pharma & Biopharma clients. Deep pool of Biopharma Subject Matter Experts (SME), many talented people on the team, particularly good talent in Denmark.

Cons

North America (NA) grossly understaffed, shadow of Denmark culturally and operationally. Focus on short term results only. Corporate culture 100% driven by low Emotional EQ "Engineer Mindset" & "Labor Mentality" top to bottom engineers. NA employee turnover >30%. NA President & Business Unit Directors "Big Bosses" very self serving. Management team top down focus is maintain their own yearly bonuses. Bosses use employees, work them very hard, terminate or drive out any personnel that don't deliver over and above.

Advice to Management

Learn to value, develop employees, treat them like human beings. Hire none-Engineers. Replace current North American President with a "business person" none-engineer. Stop burning out and firing so many people. Listen to your customers, not the Business Unit Directors.

NNE Pharmaplan Response

Aug 4, 2015 – President

Thank you very much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I’m truly sorry that you have had this bad experience with our company. Our recent employee survey results does show that current ... More

Biotechnology Engineering

Former Employee - Project Manager in Cathedral City, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Cathedral City, CA

I worked at NNE Pharmaplan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NNE Pharmaplan remains in close association with Novo Nordisk both in the US and Denmark while expanding projects to other companies worldwide. If you are an experienced chemical engineer in the biotech area, this is a very good company.

Cons

You need diverse skills as the workflow on any given project can be interrupted, so you need to be able to switch focus and keep your passport current.

Advice to Management

Spend a greater effort on defining project workscope and schedule to ensure that adequate resources are available at both the client and from NNE. Potential for NNE Pharmaplan is great.

Senior Engineer

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at NNE Pharmaplan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This is a growing company. They recruit some of the best from rival companies, but are also keen to develop staff. Very good conditions.

Cons

There has been a cull recently, and some people were (with good reason) let go very abruptly. Still, not nice.

Advice to Management

Hold the ship steady. Retention is improving and recruitment is going very well.

Sr engineer

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at NNE Pharmaplan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I think there are pros that all the older people are gone now. Just a younger crowd. Lots of pizza lunches.

Cons

Worried who's next to go. I guess it isn't enough to work hard, put in a lot of hours and bring experience to the table. You have to make sales even if your job isn't in sales. Projects are run by Sales and some of the management have jumped from one job to another. It's like musical chairs. Changes in who you report to are constant. They even promoted someone 2 levels to management and there's no leadership experience there. I at least have some experience in my field but some have absolutely none including background in automotives. Really? I know customers question the company culture and experience. There is experience in Denmark but not in the U.S. The company hangs in there with money from Denmark and not on its own There doesn't seem to be a business strategy. Lots of slides describing things we definitely have not ever done. I wonder when the Danes are going to figure out their culture won't work in the U.S.

Advice to Management

Stop throwing people to the curb. Have some trust and give your staff time. Stop with the never ending sales meetings and let people do their jobs. Bring in American managers to run the show and let the green cards expire. You had some excellent people who you demoted and terminated They could have made a real difference for you. Get out of your offices once and a while and find out what's going on. Take a hard look at current management who is dragging your company down.

No Job Security

Former Employee - Senior Automation Engineer in Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Automation Engineer in Morrisville, NC

I worked at NNE Pharmaplan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are no Pros in working for this company except perhaps that you can decide to "work from home" and no one looks into what you're doing. This makes it difficult for the people who have to do your job while you're out.

Cons

Most of the experienced senior staff have been let go. Those who remain are afraid of being next. This company has great difficulty in succeeding in the US and changes in staff are a result of budgets being cut each month to get close to being in the "black". Clients are confused by the Danish culture, as are US employees and have no loyalty. Salaries are low and nervousness is high. Human Resources tramples on US employee rights. If you take a job here, be prepared not to have it very long, and suddenly be without salary, benefits or insurance. I had over 8 supervisors in the short time I was there. Most of the management confines themselves to their offices and doesn't even interact with clients or employees. Any good reviews were coerced by HR to attempt to minimize the very high turn-over rate. Annual internal reviews are supposed to be anonymous but are reviewed by management and used against the staff who are honest.

Advice to Management

Manage your teams and sites with Americans so you can understand the culture in the country and have a chance to gain business. Get involved with and try to know your clients rather than put all of the communications on others. Take a hard look at some of the senior management left who have absolutely no experience or background in the field they oversee.

RSS Feed </> Embed