NNR

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Place to work

Account Executive (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsFlexible family atmosphere. Managers that care.

ConsNetwork size, cultural differences, management style.

Just another freight forwarder

Export Coordinator (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsSuper easy work, not too much supervision

ConsFrequent overtime, low professionalism, lots of uneducated people, super low salary

Coordinated incoming shipments from several countries such as China, Japan, India.

International Import Operations (Former Employee)

ProsIt was fast-paced but not overwhelming. I worked at a small branch and everyone was very supportive.
    Being a Japanese company, there is alot of stability. Once you're in, you're in.

ConsI really have no cons...I enjoyed working here. However, left because of a better salary offer in a completely different industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good one.to work with

Ocean Exports (Current Employee) Ting-pu (Taiwan)

Prosgood work org culture is good

Consneed to be flexible in working hours

Advice to Senior Managementdsffffffff

Good company to work for

Ocean Exports (Current Employee)

Pros1) Relaxed environment
    2) Middle Managers / Supervisors don't mind getting "Stuck in"
    3) Decent pay with a good bonus scheme
    4) Freedom to put forward ideas

Cons1) Senior Management a little out of touch
    2) Too many Indians syndrome sometimes
    3) Different rules for different countries

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing ok, just remember NNR isn't a big player, stick to what your good at, giving a personnel service to your customers.

Little fish in a big pond

(Current Employee)

ProsNo experience necessary. Friendly environment (in most offices).

ConsNNR is constantly struggling to compete. They are a niche player in the global market. That being said there is opportunity for advancement if you know the right people and can convince them that you are an asset. Once you have built that confidence they will continually drop more work on you without additional compensation. Long hours and travel are par for the course. They pay lower than average / mile when using your own car for business. When air travel is involved you pay for the entire trip up front and then wait weeks for reimbursement. Commission is nearly impossible to achieve due to the ridiculous pit falls built into the operating system used to record sales profit. If you are offered a job my advice is to negotiate a high salary from the get go. It may be years before you see a meager offer of a 2 or 3% increase.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefine your business plan. Create goals and then work to achieve them. Be more proactive as opposed to reactive. Improve the internal operating system. Define your departments and create additional departments to address real issues. Improve marketing tools. Train your staff! Even a little training would be a good start.

Worked for NNR? Contribute to the Community!