NOCO Reviews in Tonawanda, NY

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Solid company with opportunities

Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Tonawanda, NY
    Former Employee - Systems Administrator in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at NOCO full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Family owned local business. Very stable and growing. Business casual environment. Managers have leeway to create their own environments for their teams, so it does matter what group you work for and who you report to.

Cons

Family owned company does make for some political issues at times. Compensation is a bit below average.

Invest in your top performers and compensate them fairly. Set a clear organizational goal and minimize the politics within the company.

NOCO Energy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tonawanda, NY

I worked at NOCO

Pros

Corporate company position that is a very large and growing name in the greater Buffalo area. High expanding industry involvement and expanding company. Teaches alot about the industry and great experience.

Cons

I was hired on as a temporary position and my term did not last very long there. Very unfortunate the way things ended because I enjoyed working there, the company and the people. It ended to early for me to say anything really negative about it.

Don't have other people do your dirty work. I understand the nature of a temporary position in that it can end at anytime, but don't do that to employees in the future. Its not fair to the person to just one day decide that person is no longer needed and not even give them any warning. I know I wasn't technically employed with you so you didn't have to tell me to my face I guess, but I still worked with you and in the same building you did every single day. Don't ever do this to another employee ever again. Its cruel, cowardly and flat out a miserable thing to do. If there is something wrong with the individuals work or things are going to change, speak to them like human beings and tell them whats going on. Put yourself in their shoes and just think how much you would hate to be that person.