NORDAM Reviews

Meredith Siegfried

1. Bonding corrosion rings to window frames

Current Employee - Bonder in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Bonder in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at NORDAM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is decent and the benefits aren't bad. Once you are hired on as a stakeholder they try their best to take care of you

Cons

Long days, and random layoffs. Rarely have a normal schedule and plenty of required overtime. You must be used to 40 hours or more a week

2. manager

Former Employee - General Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - General Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at NORDAM (Less than a year)

Pros

great leadership good training processes

Cons

not any i can think of

Advice to Management

stay the course

3. new

I have been working at NORDAM full-time

Pros

Great benefits, working conditions, friendly

Cons

Aerospace effect on stability of work

Challenging, Fun, Hands-On Engineering Work

Current Employee - Engineer II in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at NORDAM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

NORDAM is a small company that is breaking into big contracts, which makes for a very unique experience. -Non-union shop allows engineers to work alongside operators, which makes for more knowledgable and useful engineers. And operators, for that matter. -The continuous improvement culture is relatively young at NORDAM, so there are LOTS of opportunities to improve the business and be recognized. -Most of the people who work here are very talented, love what they do, work incredibly hard, and would do anything to help you. I have the best co-workers I've ever had, and many are now close personal friends. -"Stakeholder-Centric" culture with good benefits, extra-curriculars, and flexible scheduling

Cons

-Middle management is largely disconnected from their reports. Some are so overloaded that they cannot effectively lead their departments. -There is a strong "us vs. them" mentality between Engineering and Production. Even WITHIN Engineering, different departments do not communicate or work well together. -There is always the possibility of layoffs with the industry, but this appears to have improved in the last couple years -The newer Joint Development Programs create a TON of red tape due to having two distinct customers.

Advice to Management

Promote based on quality of work rather than tenure. We have seen too many talented young people with incredible work ethic be passed up for those with tenure. 9 times out of 10 those hard working people leave to find recognition and/or promotion elsewhere. Continue to have round tables and quarterly all-hands meetings to keep stakeholders informed and engaged. Above all else, continue to try to DO THE RIGHT THING.

6. Great Company! Would go back again.

Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant in Tulsa, OK

Pros

An energetic company with great benefits. Great co-workers.

Cons

Subject to the roller coaster economies of the aerospace and aviation industries. My difficulty was with my supervisor. I gave my ALL to the company & department. But I was treated with only marginal consideration/respect from my supervisor.

Advice to Management

Learn how to challenge employees mentally (not physically). Check your turnover at each level of supervision. While departmentally our group turnover was low, turnover in the department I was in was 100%.

7. bonder/assembler A

Former Employee - Bonder- Assembler A in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Bonder- Assembler A in Tulsa, OK

I worked at NORDAM full-time

Pros

desent wages. Liked the variety in my work.invested 18 years. there till I got laid off for good. Good upper Management..

Cons

constant changes. seems that backstabbers always get the lead positions. deaf ears if you go up chain of command. cornered out of a job. if you do not know your work don't expect your lead to show you.

Advice to Management

Your company looses good talent do to buddy system. unfair hireing practices. or should I say REHIRE PRACTICES.

8. Better jobs out there...

Former Employee - Marketing in New Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Marketing in New Tulsa, OK

I worked at NORDAM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely loved my tenure at NORDAM, but unfortunately got laid off a few years ago during massive company-wide layoffs. Pay was decent. I loved the busy aspect of my job and the domestic and international travel I got to do.

Cons

After a while on the job, I found out what a back stabbing bunch of childish girls I worked with. Then they laid off my awesome manager and put me under this butt - kissing know it all who would throw you under the bus every chance she got. She is/was pure EVIL. Then they cut our pay in order to keep most of us only to be surprisingly laid off completely out of the blue a few months later. The Siegfrieds run everything. Never ever forget that.

Advice to Management

None because it would fall on deaf ears.

9. Good company.

Pros

Great CEO, and good people for the most part.

Cons

The seperate divisions see themselves as seperate companies. Several groups that watch out for one another which allows for some very unethical behavior.

10. Good Company

I have been working at NORDAM full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good place to work; Enjoy work with nice co-worker; Good place to gain a lot of hands-on experience Personal carrer growth

Cons

Always busy and often overtime A lot stress in completing the task with limit time and limit manpower

11. Good family owned organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at NORDAM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small, family-oriented "feel" to the company. There is a focus on continuous improvement, L6S, & Kaizen.

Cons

The threat of lay-offs are always looming.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Meredith Siegfried is a very smart woman and very driven for success. Please make continued efforts to stay close to the business and always know what is going on within the organization. If you rely too heavily upon others within leadership positions, you may become "unconnected" to pulse of the business and the stakeholders. Always remain connected to stakeholders; they are the very reason for the organization's success.

RSS Feed </> Embed