NORDAM

Be The First To
Add Photos

Meredith Siegfried

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I loved my job with NORDAM.

Procurement (Former Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsThe people. Benefits. United Way.
    The people still there are awesome and help each other with work and personal things.

ConsLay offs even though you are one of the dedicated stakeholders. Keeping people that are not dedicated over those that are.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit laying the good people off.

Great for getting experience

Technical Intern (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsThe people are friendly and helpful. One perk is that there are half-day on every Friday. There's usually not any overtime. Hours are pretty flexible as long as you put in the 40 for the week.

ConsIt doesn't seem like that great of a place for moving up. The family holds all of the top positions. It's somewhat restrictive on personal career progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake positions more known instead of just using word of mouth. It keeps good talent from moving up and it makes younger people avoid staying long term.

Great Family Company with good expectation in aerospace enviroment

Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsGood benefit, the work expectation are well, good peoples in facilities,

ConsWorker with capabilities can create better performing if they can be in charge of any project . Therefore, the department will be integrated accurately.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement can created better atmosphere for the new talents workers to be in charge of any project . Consequently, the department will be integrated accurately exceeding the company expectations.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Used to be a Great company to work for

(Former Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsMost Employees treat each other like family and work to help each other out especially in a time of personal crisis. Worked with a lot of really great people.
    Oportunity to learn alot about the aerospace industry and make contacts across the globe

ConsIn recent years the turn over in management has brought in many folks just looking to make it to retirement. They did not care about doing the right things, nor did they care about their employees. Proper training and tools to do your job is difficult to come by. Work-life balance is non-existant, especially for anyone in support staff positions. Also Managers are not interested in accountablity nor giving credit where it is due. Considering the aviation industry is so regulated, I cannot believe the pass the audits they do, especially when error and mistakes are made daily and no one in management ever works to correct the root problem.
    Could be a first class company again if 'real' managers were employed, most presently don't have a clue what is going on or what needs to be done to fix it.
    I never have understood how a manager could support their people when they don't have a single clue what their people do or are supposed to do.
    When you can't 'walk' in their shoes - how can you lead them?

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you dump all the work onto your 'star' workers, they just become burned out! That has been evident in the last year with several very good people passing from stress related illnesses.
    Quit worry about the bottom line and start focusing on Quality of work and Quality of Life.
    Do the right thing all the time and everything else will fall into place!
    ***Bill Peacher has not been the CEO for many years. The current CEO is a Siegfried family member

It was a pretty mundane work environment.

Systems Intern (Former Employee)

ProsLow Pressure Environment
    Friendly, Helpful Co-workers with a lot of experience.
    Chances to move up in the company relatively quickly.
    A lot of benefits with the company on top of the salary.

ConsPretty mundane environment with little excitement.
    Not much hands on work available.
    They have a difficult time recruiting and keeping young people because the work environment is so stale.

It is a nice family-run organization.

Analyst (Former Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsThey are progressive and understand the need to stay innovative.

ConsThey staff up and then lay off when times are lean.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Very hostile work environment

IT Area (Former Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

Prosmy work schedule was flexible

ConsBed bugs, a case of bed was found and or area was notified days after they found the bugs. Management lacks experience in leading people. Management allows stakeholders to yell and speak negatively to IT staff. I happen to work for the Director that calls himself the "the gay trouble maker", on Vimeo. The director that I reported to was rated one of the worst in the whole company on an employee survey and they kept him. More than half of the department left the company and it was a very cohesive group for the exception of the director. I have never worked at a company where the managers and directors have such a disrespect for their employees. What is odd is the executives and family members are always respectful. There is just a huge issue with the director and managers and the HR dept.. HR at NORDAM is a meant to support the managers and directors. If you are an employee with an issue keep it to yourself because you don't have an HR department to help you.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways take in everyones opinion and realize there are good ideas that may not be yours. Value your employees they also deserve respect. Look up the definition to boundaries.

Amazing Intern Program

Intern (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsGreat Training and great hands on experience
    Lots of great tours and divisional luncheons to find out about the company

ConsAerospace industry fluctuates, so jobs are not as set in stone as I would like

NORDAM acknowledges capabilities and makes opportunities available, should the initiative be there.

Program Manager (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsLarge company with a small company mentality. Appreciates everyone and treats them as family. I believe opportunities are there that make the effort to go above and beyond.

ConsVolatile industry. As long as you work to diversify your overall knowledge and expand your presence, you are appreciated; however, if you become content with your job and choose not to go above and beyond, you employment could be in jeopardy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan a little better for down times. Significant measures have been installed to accommodate current stakeholders through diversification and proactive willingness to transfer internally in order to save jobs.

Good place to work

Engineer I (Current Employee)
    Tulsa, OK

ProsThe work schedule is very flexible
    The work is pretty interesting
    There is use of some state-of-the-art technology in manufacturing.

ConsThe commute for me is very long.
    The location is very remote (which makes for the long commute)
    The opportunities for me to learn and develop professionally sometimes seem limited.
    The people are fine, but not necessarily very "fun" to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper leadership doesn't communicate to stakeholders very often - even an update email would be nice from time to time.

Worked for NORDAM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NORDAM reviews and ratings in Tulsa, OK — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NORDAM CEO Meredith Siegfried. All 10 reviews posted anonymously by NORDAM employees.