NORMA Group Reviews

Updated September 13, 2014
Updated September 13, 2014
2.0

CEO

Good people to work with, but comes with the high stress of the automotive industry.

Former Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Intern in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at NORMA Group as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I loved my co-workers, and the plant that I got to work in. I had a great time and I do think that they try and give their interns meaningful tasks that contribute to their learning experience as well as have a positive impact on the company.

Cons

I worked very long hours. If I worked 60 hours in a week, I had a light week. Also, when you work in automotive, the atmosphere is high-stress all the time.

World's Largest Clamp Mfr.

Current Employee - Quality Technician in Saint Clair, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Technician in Saint Clair, MI

I have been working at NORMA Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overall above averge comapny growth, flexability, don't micro manage

Cons

Lack of communication, catch up to today's methods and practices(AS400 & Lotus Notes), Germany(Headquarters) gets the most focus/U.S. locations are lower on the totem pole/higher labor cost

Spend money more wisely, it's okay to manage more closely, have more meetings/create a more global company environment

Do not waste your time with this company.

I worked at NORMA Group

Pros

Good, hard working employees. Free lunches were provided often.

Cons

Lack of flexibility and they work employees to DEATH. Management doesn't care about employees and think that buying lunch makes up for lack of respect. Management has no idea how to actually run the place. Very unorganized, poorly managed and truly chaotic environment. Horrible work-life balance.

First of all, take better care of your employees. Improve work-life balance and have management take training to actually learn what they are supposed to be managing to.

Norma

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at NORMA Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Descent workforce, middle management, and facilities. Updates have been made to the officies. The company has a strong product line and the ability to produce the quality to stay marketable.

Cons

Senior managers could care less about the employees. There is a lot of friction among senior managers which gets passed along to the employees. New management/owners are tearing the company apart and dragging employees down.