NORMA Group

Updated January 2, 2015
Updated January 2, 2015
2.8

CEO

You will not make a good salary here!

I have been working at NORMA Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible with work schedule

Cons

You will not get paid what you are worth

A great opportunity to have an immediate impact as an intern.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at NORMA Group as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

I loved how they structured the internship program. You had a supervisor, a workspace and were given meaningful tasks to complete. You were also expected to contribute through your own project under the guidance of your supervisor. I also never said "Man, I'm bored right now, I wish I had something to do." It was a very positive and valuable experience to be able to contribute to solving real problems and tackling real issues. I always felt like I could go to anyone and they would take the time to sit down with me and show me what they were doing or teach me something that would help me with my project/task or in my future career. The pay was great and the experience was invaluable as an intern.

Cons

It is a high stress environment but the friendly atmosphere makes it easy to enjoy being at work.

From Within

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Auburn Hills, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

I have been working at NORMA Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

High investment in information technology systems and equipment. Diverse product portfolio serving a broad range of industries. Growth through organic roots and acquisition.

Cons

High turnover of salary staff and leadership positions. Very high percentage of temporary work force. Low salary. Not very good at proper staffing or investing in people.

Invest in your people and compensate the ones you want to keep appropriately. Communicate policies clearly, especially when making changes.

Good people to work with, but comes with the high stress of the automotive industry.

Former Intern - Supply Chain Intern in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Intern - Supply Chain Intern in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at NORMA Group as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

I loved my co-workers, and the plant that I got to work in. I had a great time and I do think that they try and give their interns meaningful tasks that contribute to their learning experience as well as have a positive impact on the company.

Cons

I worked very long hours. If I worked 60 hours in a week, I had a light week. Also, when you work in automotive, the atmosphere is high-stress all the time.

Do not waste your time with this company.

I worked at NORMA Group

Pros

Good, hard working employees. Free lunches were provided often.

Cons

Lack of flexibility and they work employees to DEATH. Management doesn't care about employees and think that buying lunch makes up for lack of respect. Management has no idea how to actually run the place. Very unorganized, poorly managed and truly chaotic environment. Horrible work-life balance.

First of all, take better care of your employees. Improve work-life balance and have management take training to actually learn what they are supposed to be managing to.

World's Largest Clamp Mfr.

Current Employee - Quality Technician in Saint Clair, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Technician in Saint Clair, MI

I have been working at NORMA Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overall above averge comapny growth, flexability, don't micro manage

Cons

Lack of communication, catch up to today's methods and practices(AS400 & Lotus Notes), Germany(Headquarters) gets the most focus/U.S. locations are lower on the totem pole/higher labor cost

Spend money more wisely, it's okay to manage more closely, have more meetings/create a more global company environment

Norma

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at NORMA Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Descent workforce, middle management, and facilities. Updates have been made to the officies. The company has a strong product line and the ability to produce the quality to stay marketable.

Cons

Senior managers could care less about the employees. There is a lot of friction among senior managers which gets passed along to the employees. New management/owners are tearing the company apart and dragging employees down.