NOVO 1 Reviews

Good Experience

Former Employee - Emergency Dispatcher (ESR)  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Emergency Dispatcher (ESR) in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at NOVO 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gain customer service experience quick.

Cons

Bi Weekly Pay and Short Training Classes

More involvement with employees.

Ehh

Former Employee - Health Care Customer Service Agent  in  Denison, TX
    Former Employee - Health Care Customer Service Agent in Denison, TX

I worked at NOVO 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Sit all day, don't have to be face to face with the angry customers, insurance benefits.

Cons

You have to be a brown noser to move up in the company. Low pay, and you won't get paid more even though you're cross trained. The only raises you can get are .25, but that's if you have perfect attendance for 3 months, and sometimes they won't even give it to you then. HR hires anybody that walks in if they can pass a drug test. There is drama 24/7.

You need to watch who you put in charge of departments. Think about raising the pay considering the economy is changing DRASTICLY.

Not bad for entry level

Current Employee - Telemarketer  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Telemarketer in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at NOVO 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company offers a fair wage for the type of work that's required. The benefits are not too bad either when compared to other call centers.

Cons

Their absence policy is not realistic and it is not applied to all employees equally. The company also has the tendency to treat employees like they are elementary school children.

Offer equal opportunities for employees to advance and compensate them accordingly.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

LACK OF INTEGRITY

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Holland, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Holland, MI

I have been working at NOVO 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

HE WHO WALKS IN INTEGRITY WALKS SECURELY, BUT HE WHO PERVERTS HIS WAYS WILL BE FOUND OUT.

PROVERBS 10:9

Cons

I was hired as a licensed professional with decades of experience in insurance. To qualify for customer service position, passing a state exam was necessary. NOVO 1 enabled (taught) new hires to cheat on the state exam ! They showed them how to copy answers from a pre-test study guide and paste answers into a word notebook so you could copy and paste answers to the state exam. NOVO 1 was desperate to meet the Customer Service Postions of their client at any cost. Money usually is at the root of all evil, even at the expense of those who were fired because they refused to cheat.

work life = living hell

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Holland, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Holland, MI

I worked at NOVO 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

I honestly can not think of one. They pay is better than minimum wage if you are a recent High School Grad, but for adults with families to take care of, no so much.
    For the most part, I loved most of the people I got to work with.

Cons

They lure you in with the pay. You start out with $9/hr and then you are supposed to get a raise after your first 30 and then your 90. Most times you don't get it on time, if at all. You have to ask about it multiple times to multiple "higher ups". If you are entitled to retro pay, they will either drag their feet on it so long that you give up, or they give you more than you should be getting and then they start taking it out of your paychecks. If you have a loved one that has died, you are allotted 3 days of bereavement time without pay... the catch 22 is that you are allowed this once a year. I lost a loved one earlier this year and called my supervisor to let them know what happened, minutes after I found out, explaining that I would attempt to come into work the next day, but couldn't make any promises. I did attempt, and after crying the entire way in, I showed my face and explained I didn't think I was going to be able to do it. The team lead was perfectly fine with it, however, the account manager was not. Another team lead contacted the account manager to let them know that I had arrived and then immediately left. I received a nasty voicemail from the account manager who told me to get back in there now, threatening that I was within my first 90 days and that I could be let go at any time.
    Another issues is PTO or switching a day off with yourself. Sounds fine and dandy, you get all excited and make plans for something, however, you can't put in for PTO until 2 weeks prior to the event, and you can't put in a change in days off request until the week before. They drag their feet on it and you have to bug the crap out of them to find out if it has been approved or not. I waited until 8pm the night before my requested days off.
    Breaks and lunches. Never have I ever worked for a company before in my life that would make me log out on break to use the restroom. When I was pregnant I had a doctors note stating I needed to be allowed to use the bathroom at any given time. They still required me to log out on break. At the end of a two week pay period, I was getting docked 2 hours from every paycheck due to my frequent bathroom trips. They call it "unaccounted time". I was even told once (while 8 months pregnant) that I was not allowed to use the restroom until I was finished with my call (which I had been in for over an hour). At the time I was pregnant, breaks and lunches would be put on hold and sometimes you weren't even allowed to eat at your desk. There was a time we were so busy that there were employees being told that they weren't even allowed to use the restroom.
    There was a team lead that had a bug up their butt about me for no reason. This team lead continuously harassed me, making negative comments and even suggesting that I was under the influence of illegal substances. In a place like that, rumors spread like wild fire. Although the accusations this team lead made were untrue, that wouldn't stop the hundreds of employees from spreading that rumor.
    The upper management definitely plays the favorites game!! An agent could be working there for over a year and know multiple campaigns, yet a newbie, with only a few months of on the phone experience in one campaign, will get a team lead position. Then when a seasoned agent of a different campaign has a question, these team leads have no idea what to tell them.
    Desks are shared throughout the entire 24 hr period of operation. They are supposed to keep lysol wipes and kleenex stocked, but those things go like free candy on a playground. Employees are constantly getting sick because of this issue (many people that work there that have no clue what good hygiene is) and then are penalized for it.
    You are graded on hold times for calls as well as call times. However, the software and equipment are constantly having problems, such as freezing, that cause you to have to keep the customer on hold for more than the allowed time.
    The worst part of all? Being treated like you are in grade school. You have to raise your hand if you need help and sit there to wait for a team lead. This increases the call times and hold times. You get yelled at for leaving your seat to grab a kleenex, or sometimes even if you are going to the bathroom.
    They create rules and then don't keep consistency with them. They will post what the new rules are and then 10 minutes later, contradict everything they just said in the last posting.
    People steal lunches.
    Too much week left at the end of your money. Most employees pay their bills and then within 3 days after payday (in a bi-weekly pay period) their money is gone.

You have to remember that your agents are the ones who have direct contact with the customers. They are the ones creating the image of your company in the customers mind. Advice: Require drug screenings upon hire, it will weed out a lot of people that just don't care. Also, treat your employees with respect. If they ask you a question, don't blow them off like they're nobody. When you ignore, or snap at your agents, it puts them in a bad attitude, and you better believe that the next call that agent gets, the customer is the one who is going to receive that same negativity that you just dished out. There are employees that go to you with concerns and there is nothing done about it. Another blow off! There are employees that are scared to even talk to you because of how you treat them. They could have a medical concern and not tell you about it, or something that is preventing them from being able to be to work on-time (something they can't control like transportation issues, daycare, etc.)
    Another thing, if you paid your employees a little more, like surrounding call centers do, they might be able to afford more reliable transportation or daycare costs). Showing your employees that you care about them keeps them happy with where they are so they will actually stay, reducing the turn-over rate of the company and ultimately saving the company money by reducing training costs.

I really liked that I had the opportunity to work in a call center.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at NOVO 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

I got the experience, learned a lot about the service I provided to customers, learned good creative ways to handle different customers problems.

Cons

upper management, had some real problems with how to treat agents.

treat people better and don't try to avoid the problems.

Decent pay, horrible shifts

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Denison, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denison, TX

I have been working at NOVO 1 full-time for less than a year

Pros

same shift every time you go in, some people are swesome

Cons

he stress that people put on you to help thm get their roadside assistance, and the verbal abuse I had to put up with from customers was un acceptable

If I had to do it all over, I would not.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Highland Park, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Highland Park, MI

I have been working at NOVO 1 full-time for less than a year

Pros

I learned a new skill.

Cons

Lack of sensitivity of the Call Center Director

At least act like you care about the employees.

Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - ICS Representative  in  Billings, MT
    Former Employee - ICS Representative in Billings, MT

I worked at NOVO 1 full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the customers you dealt with were nice and understanding.

Cons

They began setting time limit goals and it became so unrealistic ( < 3 minutes for EVERY call) that if you went over that time limit they would not allow you to take calls until you "learned to shorten your calls". I asked how could I up my game if you wont allow me to have more calls and they responded by telling me "that is not my problem". I have seen people begin working and either get fired or quit because of this new rule. One person kept getting yelled at for having her calls go over the 3 minutes and when you have to establish a new account it was almost impossible to make that a short call especially when the customer has questions that you are required to answer. The reason this new hire got fired was because she had enough of being yelled at by the supervisors that she told the customer, "I'm sorry I can't answer anymore questions because my bosses will yell at me if I go over 3 minutes on this call so you are just going to have to give me your credit card number and make a purchase."

During the Super Bowl, if you were caught even a few minutes late on break watching the game you were fired right then and there. They sent emails to everyone stating that if you try watching the game instead of working (or were a little late coming off lunch or break) you would be fired. Meanwhile the supervisors would leave the reps. alone so they could watch the game in the break room.

The floor walkers abused their power and were often rude to some of the reps. working the phones. For instance, I got stuck upstairs on a call with a very displeased customer requesting to talk with a supervisor. I tried transferring and I even went downstairs to get help from a floor walker, but I got yelled at and told I needed to finish my call and that they could not help me so I needed to transfer to tier 2. I had that poor lady on hold for over 1 hour before she finally calmed down and apologized and told me I should find better employment. That call caused me to be late for my last break and I even got yelled at for that and was told "don't let it happen again".

For someone beginning their first job I wouldn't recommend this employer. There was a time when this was a tolerable place to work but all the managers who actually had respect for people were switched out with ones who only cared about how much $$ they brought in. As someone who has worked for respecting employers, this job is not worth the pay.

Some of the most successful businesses focus more on taking better care of their employees than their own wallets. The better treatment you give to those who work for you, the harder they are willing to work and ultimately the more money you will make.

WORK@HOME IT'S EXTREMELY TERRIBLE WHICH EVERYONE QUITS RIGHT AWAY...

Former Employee - Work-At-Home Bilingual Inbound Customer Service Advisor  in  Billings, MT
    Former Employee - Work-At-Home Bilingual Inbound Customer Service Advisor in Billings, MT

I worked at NOVO 1 full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work@Home, the pay is ok not the best, overtime

Cons

Don't pay every two-weeks, favoritism, after one month they cut hours and start letting you go after the team leaders just used you in doing their work, not enough training & don't tell you everything you need to know. Also, supposed when you worked over 100 hrs less than a month if you need a day off for a birthday or so they let you which that's not true they never allowed me to and they didn't care since it wasn't much an emergency to them. I told them it meant for me to be there knowing who knows that person has time all they said they didn't care. You don't deserve one star at all I'm super pissed off and should of believe the reviews the first time I saw them. The good comments around here are people that are working in the office so you can have extra people working here. It's an extremely horrible place to work here they don't care about you whether you are sick or go to the hospital or whatever reason. The bad thing they hack on your computer constantly which they have no respect what so ever telling you things over and over and change team leaders all the time. Your own team leaders make mistakes and tell you the wrong thing and when they tell you something that your doing it wrong and let them know who taught you they don't believe you and don't care about it. The other thing the first month they are on your butt your getting annoyed by them even though you are doing a good job but the team leaders are bored just checking on the employees knowing that they can work as well. After the month they cut hours but they re-hire new ones which no matter what we all get re-placed knowing that I was working every week in putting extra time in working but after that your out that door because they are afraid you'll take their position. The breaks are too short and the team leaders have a whole hour or more knowing they don't do anything just hear us and when the managers are gone they start goofing around.

This company doesn't have good communication at all, stop hacking computers let us know, every little thing were trying to do the team leaders keep butting in for every little thing and tell us they don't care. I had a group which I remember that everyone quit and others got laid off for the same reason. There's a lot of favoritism, don't tell you everything you need to know. I'm Bilingual and told me that supposedly they will train you for that but then the following week when you quit they tell you the truth. You all never make up your minds and don't say the truth. Watch who you have within your company and what exactly were told because this company will be going down soon. I'm not going to rest until something it's done here. The other bad thing it's been over 2 weeks I still haven't received my money back for the headset. You all are a bunch of liars!!!

Worked for NOVO 1? Contribute to the Community!