NOVO 1 Reviews

1.8
Mary Murcott

1. Customer Service Advisor

I have been working at NOVO 1 full-time

Pros

Full time 40 hours a week, benefits like Health Care, 401k, things like that. Work-At-Home opportunities. A great way to get introduced to over the phone customer service. Job is easy most of the time. While the job can be stressful some days it's great, customers are in a good mood, you don't get any negative people at all and it's fantastic. Management is on top of you which is good.

Cons

Like any Call Center job the work gets tedious and boring and with their biggest clients being involved with prisons and jails the customers can be rude quite often. The company has a high turn-over rate. The job is surprisingly stressful. Some of their policies are a bit extreme, for example their attendance policy. It's basically "an absence is an absence is an absence" Doesn't matter the reason for the absence, sick, family death, anything like that it will affect you negatively. For example, I was sick for over a week, had to take 5 days off. I got 9 points on my attendance record (if you get 12 you're terminated) so I was put on a 90 day "suspension" period where if I miss any work besides days I requested off in advance. I'd be immediately terminated. There are a few other policies I believe should be looked into.

Advice to Management

Rethink some policies. Training needs to be looked into, there were many things I've had to deal with on actual calls that are important that isn't covered in training. Remember where you came from, almost all of you were CS at one point so keep that in mind and stop treating the other CS agents like robots.

2. csr

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at NOVO 1

Pros

Having a job is the only benefit.

Cons

Unprofessional. They do not care about their employees. Very low pay. Horrible benefits. Not consistent.

Advice to Management

You are not better than anyone. If you paid more, you would have better quality employees.

3. Took money from my check

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Laurel, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Laurel, MD

I worked at NOVO 1 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

consistent work, good training, positive managers

Cons

upon returning my headset HR still took $75 from my final check and would not return it. Lack of communication.

5. Sales

I have been working at NOVO 1

Pros

many hard working people who want to do a good job and earn a fair wage.

Cons

Favoritism does nothing to increase moral. Stop promoting your friends and relatives. Remember your experts and the hint.. It's not your most senior management!

Advice to Management

Stop padding those pockets and start investing in your employees. That's management 101 folks!

6. Dirty work environment, bed bugs, cancelled breaks and lunches, no vacation time.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at NOVO 1 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

gives you experience that's al. Most people don't stay even a yr.. .

Cons

don't give you time off, no vacation. Send you home without pay. Work environment is dirty with bed bugs. Team leads do not help when you have a question a lot of time you have to search for TL.

Advice to Management

Get better team leads who will be available when you need them. Manage accounts better Get better equipment--doesn't work, has glitches.

7. customer service

I worked at NOVO 1 (More than 3 years)

Pros

alot of over time any time you want it I guess I loved that about the company

Cons

boss hours managers computers parking space people in charge smell of the place always hot

Advice to Management

compensation work life personal growth people in charge

8. Worst job I ever had!!!!!

Current Employee - Roadside Assistance in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Roadside Assistance in Dallas, TX

I have been working at NOVO 1

Pros

This company did give me some experience which was not learned in the classroom.

Cons

This place is nasty dirty. They have bed bugs. The bathrooms are nasty, gas stations have cleaner bathrooms. They refuse to buy toilet seat covers beacuse they have to call rowter rooter out every month or so. They do hire anyone and they will throw you under the bus in a minute. You wont make a true friend and the team leads are just trying to keep their jobs so under the bus you will go. They want you to maintain a good handle time but they have the worst equipment. People are thieves and wont clean up after themselves. You have to unch out to go to the bathroom and take that time from your break unless you have a Dr. excuse why you cant go pottie on schedule. We need our jobs and they know it so they can do whatever they want to us forcing us to quit so they don't have to pay unemplolyment. I am almost 50 and never before worked for such a terrible company. If you have thick skin and can handle the constant Bs and a dirty work enviroment. Make sure you put your clothes in the dryer when you get home. Your hours will get cut one minute then want you to work overtime the next. They will pull people from non phone postions to make up for head count. This probable wont get on this sight but atleast mgmt will have something to think about. I hope you in corporate to a better look at your company. If you were on the floor would you like getting bite and leaving scars on your body.

Advice to Management

Get a back bone and remind your employees this is a buiness and not there home. If they want to trash their home but not other people' s work place. You have some good employees but your to busy letting the other ones get away with not doing their job you pass up the good ones. Your team leads should make sure their is sanitizing spray for the desks and that other employees clean their work space before they clock out for the day.

9. Good

I worked at NOVO 1

Pros

So far so good. No complaints really. We shall see where it takes me. It's all what you put into it.

Cons

Don't really have too many complaints. Benefits could use some major improvement.

Worst employment experience I've ever had.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at NOVO 1

Pros

They will hire absolutely anybody.

Cons

Very poor management, they will dock your pay, employees are frequently threatened by management, advancement is based on personal relationships instead of merit, benefits are non existent, employees are disciplined out of spite.

Advice to Management

Retire

11. Good Experience

Former Employee - Emergency Dispatcher (ESR) in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Emergency Dispatcher (ESR) in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at NOVO 1 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gain customer service experience quick.

Cons

Bi Weekly Pay and Short Training Classes

Advice to Management

More involvement with employees.

RSS Feed </> Embed