NS&I Reviews

3.1

Jane Platt

I'm Lovin' it

Current Employee - B2B in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - B2B in London, England (UK)

I have been working at NS&I

Pros

I've been here for a year - Great people, great opportunities

It is a £100bn company with a head office of about 130 people - So when you are given a role, you really are given the opportunity to shine and be able to do things that you would not get the opprotunity to do elsewhere (where you'd be burried in the hierachy).

Training is great and the feedback you get is mostly honest and clear - A great place to learn.

Cons

The salary can be a bit lower than the market, but the benefits are great and the work-life balance is really good.

The small size doens lead to fewere opportunities for promotion, but it is a great way to add to your CV.

Pretty risk averse in terms of leadership.
    The investment in motivation seems to be waining - but might just be the time of year!

Great for development and exeperience

Current Employee - Risk and Assurance
    Current Employee - Risk and Assurance

I have been working at NS&I full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

There is definately a family feel as the head office is a small. Management are supportive of training and accept that staff tunover is quite high as people get their exeperience and move on to higher paying jobs, in the regulated sector. However, flexible working, generous annual leave and pensions do make it worthwhile sticking around.

Cons

Being a civil service organisation, there is a fair bit of 'dead wood' and poor performance is not handled well. Additionally lots of red tape and salaries are only paid at 85% of the market median for the role.

Business Analyst

Former Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Analyst in London, England (UK)

I worked at NS&I as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Approachable staff, good work life balance

Cons

Deep bureaucratic layers of management

NS&I Photos

NS&I Tower (Photo thanks to Geograph user Terry Robinson, Some Rights Reserved)
NS&I Offices from Marton Mere Holiday Village (Photo thanks to Geograph user Terry Robinson, Some Rights Reserved)
CSA, Jobcentreplus and NS&I offices, Marton, Blackpool (Photo thanks to Geograph user Terry Robinson, Some Rights Reserved)

+ Add Photo