NS&I
www.nsandi.com Glasgow, United Kingdom 50 to 149 Employees

NS&I Reviews

Not yet rated.

Jane Platt

Great for development and exeperience

Risk and Assurance (Current Employee)

ProsThere is definately a family feel as the head office is a small. Management are supportive of training and accept that staff tunover is quite high as people get their exeperience and move on to higher paying jobs, in the regulated sector. However, flexible working, generous annual leave and pensions do make it worthwhile sticking around.

ConsBeing a civil service organisation, there is a fair bit of 'dead wood' and poor performance is not handled well. Additionally lots of red tape and salaries are only paid at 85% of the market median for the role.

Business Analyst

Analyst (Former Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsApproachable staff, good work life balance

ConsDeep bureaucratic layers of management

I'm Lovin' it

B2B (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsI've been here for a year - Great people, great opportunities

It is a £100bn company with a head office of about 130 people - So when you are given a role, you really are given the opportunity to shine and be able to do things that you would not get the opprotunity to do elsewhere (where you'd be burried in the hierachy).

Training is great and the feedback you get is mostly honest and clear - A great place to learn.

ConsThe salary can be a bit lower than the market, but the benefits are great and the work-life balance is really good.

The small size doens lead to fewere opportunities for promotion, but it is a great way to add to your CV.

Advice to Senior ManagementPretty risk averse in terms of leadership.
    The investment in motivation seems to be waining - but might just be the time of year!

Worked for NS&I? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NS&I reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NS&I CEO Jane Platt. All reviews posted anonymously by NS&I employees.