NSSED

www.nssed.org

NSSED Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

The experience of working in a classroom with special ed pre school children is very rewarding!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Highland Park, IL

ProsBest reason to work at NSSED is the children, you can't help but fall in love. I am a classroom assistant in a special ed pre school. Every single year there are new kids with new issues!

ConsThe biggest down side is the pay! You have to work for years to see any increase in your pay.
    I believe its a 1% increase per year! Other downsides could be dirty diapers, kids spitting or coughing on you, or rarley getting bit!

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advise to management would be to offer bonuses yearly for a job well done. Or even just acknowledge someone for there work above and beyond there job description.

Experience totally depends on the team

Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) Highland Park, IL

ProsI enjoy helping special needs kids learn and maximize their potential. Seeing their faces light up when they understand something makes everything else worthwhile.

ConsThe administration shows no respect for the TAs. It appears that to them we are all just interchangeable warm bodies. Nobody at the administrative level takes the time or cares to learn about our strengths, weaknesses, or what makes us tick. Layoffs happen every year, but they are done in a haphazard way and often the employment contract is ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to get to know the people that work for you. Try to make annual placements a win-win. Follow the terms of the contract.

Worked for NSSED? Contribute to the Community!