NTD Architects

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Jay Little

Ups and downs of Company growth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsManagement allowed for freedom of employees. No micromanaging. Good work-life balance.

ConsCompany merged with another company, tried to grow too fast and wasn't managed well. Has dwindled from 300+ employees into a small struggling company.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees. Focus on delivering good quality product to clients. Come to work as lead by example.

Employee friendly environment, needs skilled upper management.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsMostly good people to work with. Lots of extracurricular activities and camaraderie. Options to move between office studios. Pleasant office work spaces in all offices locations.

ConsCompany had several significant changes over the past few years resulting in much downsizing of the company. Released CFO, COO and CEO all within a period of a few years. Current senior management is not skilled enough to successfully run a multi-office firm. Not as well known for their expertise in Healthcare and Education as they once were.

Advice to Senior ManagementPad your pockets a little less, and reward your employees for their hard work. Get more input from your employees, they are your most valuable asset.

Ok place to work for

Intern (Former Employee) San Dimas, CA

ProsNot much to describe but just an OK environment.

ConsNot too much increase in salaries and bonuses

Advice to Senior ManagementTo get the employees enjoy working the company, employer should reconized the all hard working eamployees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Firm is slowly sinking

Job Captain (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsSalary is fair, very good designers on staff

ConsEmployees don't get CA experience, because they have a separate CA department. Upper management seems out of touch with the employees, not much of a personal connection. The employees have low morale because of the massive layoffs that have plagued NTD recently.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're laying off almost half of your workforce and forcing everyone to take a pay cut, maybe upper management should get rid of their company-paid luxury cars!

NTD company review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe workforce has a lot of experienced Architects, PM's and CA's. People are great to work with in my studio.

ConsPrincipals/Partners are extremely cheap when rewarding bonus and salary increase. Lucky if you get .50 raise a year or none at all. One Principal purposely delays these talks in order to gain the upper hand in determining your salary increase. Its very sad too because as employees we work long hours, weekends and nights to get the job done during Production. We deliver the project as per schedule therefore we should be rewarded financially for our efforts.

Advice to Senior Managementunless there is new blood in terms of upper management there is no chance for the company to grow and be a strong competitor in architectural practice.

Worked for NTD Architects? Contribute to the Community!