NTS Communications

Add Photos

Barbara Andrews

Temp employment

Assembler (Former Employee) Albuquerque, NM

ProsConsistent high quality demands, relaxed job environment

ConsNo consistent work schedule or work to be done

Land Line Telecomm is struggling to change

Network Speciaist (Former Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsThis company will definitely challenge you to do more for less.
    Their federally funded fiber side of the business is growing and has the best chance for ultimate success.
    Leadership is changing, expect improvements from Tower 3.
    Hourly employee benefits are par for Lubbock area employment.

ConsTDM technologies are being put on the back burner and many in use systems are manufacturer discontinued or barley functional from an operations provisioning and maintenance standpoint. If you wish to make a mark in the legacy technologies, forget it. You will be ignored and discarded eventually along with the equipment and customers served only by that technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile benefits are at par with Lubbock employers, the missing benefit is ongoing training and certification. Seasoned employees make great employees if you invest in them. Replacing knowledgeable employees with $9/hr youngsters does not serve the customer base well.
    Barbara Andrews was a great CEO with strong Christian values, sorry to see her gone. She valued the employees. Her values are what is missing from the company.

very good agency

Proslong term assignment, good pay

Consrecruiter not always easy to get a hold of

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I had to teach myself the video engineering job and Nts didn't pay me near what the job should get paid.

N/A (Former Employee)

ProsLearned by being hands on with equipment. The old engineer left quite quickly but he was nice enough to help me through tuff spots.

ConsWas forced to learn by trial and error, there was no formal training. They did finally pay for me to take a class with our middle ware provider.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people more.

Good

Quality Analyst of Quality (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood place to work with

ConsNone as of now to tell

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Challenging work but un-trusting senior management

Outside Plant Technician (Current Employee) Wichita Falls, TX

ProsYou get to work outside of an office, and with all kinds of people. You get to meet all kinds of customers, which span all kinds of attitudes and lifestyles. I enjoyed that. You get good tools supplied, a company vehicle to use which is nice. There is pretty good communication umongst departments, most are just a phone call away and willing to help field techs.

ConsThere is a lack of trust between senior management and everyone else. Back-stabbing happens in certain instances. If you mess up, it's heard about through the good-ol email chain. If you don't mess up, not a word. i'm talking about senior management in Lubbock. Half-baked plans on most everything and the problems are left behind to remedy by the ones that aren't trusted.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you dont trust the people you hire to make decisions, they will have no loyalty to the company.

Family type business.

Customer Care (Current Employee)

ProsThe people I work with are great. I love everyone! No surprise firings either. I feel like family there.

ConsNo raises at all!!! Major downside.

Advice to Senior ManagementF

Worked for NTS Communications? Contribute to the Community!