NTT Centerstance

Updated September 18, 2014
Updated September 18, 2014
3.6

Arne Kainu

Great place to work for self motivated problem solvers

I have been working at NTT Centerstance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

NTT Centerstance is unique in that we are enabled to be successful. No one is micromanaging you and you are able to solve business problems on your own. The entire company is available for support if you need it. We work with really smart people and they all like to help out the team. Management is interested in hearing what our goals are and in helping us to achieve them. Work life balance is a constant theme, which is why many of us left Big 4 consulting to join Centerstance.

Cons

It can be hard to feel connected when you are working remotely from your home, but it just takes a little extra effort to reach out to others in the company. Some of the small company feel has changed as we have grown.

It would be great if we had a consistent strategy across all parts of the organization that was shared with the team. We all love working for the company, and want to share in its success and its challenges, so a bit more transparency would be welcomed.

Was a great company, especially if you are one of the "favored" employees

Current Employee - Principal Consultant
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at NTT Centerstance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Good work/home life balance
    -Work from home
    -Most of upper management is very approachable and interested in hearing your opinions and ideas
    -if you are self-starter who enjoys learning new technologies in your spare time you should do fine

Cons

-Since the NTT purchase the emphasis has been on larger contracts but the delivery teams lack the tools or expertise to do a good job on these types of projects
    -Assignments are handed out in a cherry-picking manor that ensure the same employees get the good projects over and over while other newbies sit on the bench or do support
    -Company organization is pretty haphazard, no real information on promotion opportunities or even job titles. (They have been making an effort in this area recently.)
    -Paid holidays are less than most any other firm I have worked for, PTO is ok
    -Salaries have been low but they have also been making an effort to bring these up to match the market, (hope we haven't lost too many senior consultants already!)

Get back to our roots; the medium size projects that made us the platinum partner of SFDC.
    Keep the Portland office strong and in control, other regional offices seem to have been the cause of most of the recent issues.

Good company if you already have a network of resources to draw from.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NTT Centerstance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits ware average. Good access to online training and certification materials. Travel reimbursement is good and timely.

Cons

Small company with a Big 4 mentality. Very competitive attitudes when working with others. Everyone is trying to make parter instead of making a team that works.

NTT Centerstance Response

Sep 9, 2014Director of Operations

It is disappointing that you feel that way. We have surveyed our competition and have increased the company contribution towards our benefits, in order to be more aligned with our competition ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you want a good place to work, NTT Centerstance is NOT it.

I have been working at NTT Centerstance full-time

Pros

remote work, most consultants are intelligent and good to work with.

Cons

HR is the worst offender in discriminating language and discussing employee performance and compensation freely to others in the organization, No processes are in place, Very reactive in every part of the business, executives and directors treat consultants like they are dispensable, low pay compared to other comparable positions at competitors, health benefits are horrendous since the company does not contribute much to the plan and blame the expensive rates on Obama Care, and reviews and merit increases are based on subjective reviews without objective measures outlining the goal achievements.

NTT Centerstance Response

Apr 28, 2014Director of Operations

This is a very disappointing post, as much of the information could not be further from the truth. We are a very diverse workforce and provide a unique opportunity for those who enjoy consulting ... More

A serious disappointment.. beware!

I have been working at NTT Centerstance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to work remotely. Ability to work with multiple clients.

Cons

Centerstance once prided itself on its employees, that is until the buyout from NTT (Or rather "the sellout"). Scrambling internally to come off as cohesive to the client, but failing rapidly unable to keep it together. Most projects are either escalated, over budget, and under managed. Salesforce.com client satisfaction scores are manipulated behind the scenes, SA's provide 'shot in the dark' project estimates and are highly under qualified, internal processes are constantly in flux, roles are unclear, wages are horrible, commissions are based on one executive's "sense of how involved you were' and very arbitrary. The NTT acquisition was great for Centerstance, allowing the Partners to get the payday & retirement they are seeking. It may not be too long for NTT to sell it off given revenue projections it is highly underperforming.

Just retire already and tell your employees like it is, NTT Japan has taken over the ship. "Centerstance" is no longer. The picture has changed dramatically and just because NTT has invested doesn't guarantee security in the SFDC ecosystem, especially with the dwindling reputation.

Awesome job in a rapidly growing collaborative environment. Just mind the Growing Pains”

I have been working at NTT Centerstance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great teammates with with engaging projects. Very collaborative (albeit remote) environment supported via IM and Chatter so you are never far from peer support. Rapidly growing company with more career opportunities opening becoming available for energetic and motivated self-starters.

Cons

Remote culture is not the best fit for all. Experiencing some growing pains but a bit to be expected.

Keep that open communication with us, we enjoy hearing from you.

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Remote, OR

I have been working at NTT Centerstance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart, collaborative teammates. People are happy to share and very supportive. If you ever need help you can post a question on Chatter and get answers quickly. The projects are fun and challenging. There are projects where you have just a small team and there are also large, enterprise projects as well. Good variety of work.

Cons

Remote work may be tough for some but it's perfect for me. You need to be self directed and comfortable reaching out to teammates when needed.

A dynamic, fast-paced environment where quality and people matter.

Current Employee - Principal Consultant  in  Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Portland, OR

I have been working at NTT Centerstance full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quality and level of expertise of peers drive you to be your best!
    A place where execs are accessible and care about the people who work them.
    Environment where your career goals are supported.
    A place where the self-driven, high achiever is enabled to excel and is valued.

Cons

Bonus structure could use improvement. It sometimes has an opposite effect than intended.

Dream Job

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at NTT Centerstance full-time for less than a year

Pros

You're essentially your own boss. You make your own career. People are very knowledgeable about their specialties. Competence is a delight to work with. If you're excited about owning your contributions, learning while doing it, improving your resume via certifications, and working in a highly professional environment, Centerstance is the place to be.

Cons

If you are not a self-starter, you may not do well at Centerstance. You have to be willing to take action when you need to, and make sure you get what you need.

Never lose sight of the culture that the best solution for a client should always be championed.

Fantastic team collaboration, great work environment

Current Employee - Design Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Design Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at NTT Centerstance full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Great benefits
    * All employees are super friendly and willing to help
    * Laid-back environment (most employees work remotely, at their own pace)
    * Highly educational, collaborative, and supportive team experiences

Cons

* Expectations can be unclear sometimes
    * Onboarding training is lacking

Per my cons list, I think the onboarding/bootcamp training of new employees should be more focused on what is expected of them in their individual departments versus high-level company-wide information. It's good to know, sure, but not knowing protocols or processes for projects, etc. can sometimes lead to misunderstandings and making that employee come off as uneducated and unprepared. Trial by fire can be a great learning experience, but expectations need to be laid out in the first couple weeks of employment.

Worked for NTT Centerstance? Contribute to the Community!