NTT DATA Reviews

306 reviews filtered by
2.9
John McCain
1 Rating

Pros
  • best work life balance when compare to other IT service companies (in 22 reviews)

• Great place to start a software career, will get a great work environment and office culture (in 25 reviews)

Cons
  • Promotions are time bound no yearly hikes (in 8 reviews)

• There are no hikes or pay-scale revision based on the appraisal (in 13 reviews)

Depends on the client and the leadership for NTT Data

I have been working at NTT DATA

Pros

Pockets of strong people who work hard to take care of you. If your assignment ends though watch out.

Cons

No knowledge in industry for NTT Data. Very difficult to sell yourself and your services without this. Everyone does what they are doing.

Marketing, brand recognition, big wins. Too often looking at bottom line instead of risk/reward and growth.

Given the circumstances, it is okay.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at NTT DATA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A chance to see actual change occurring on an enterprise level, and for the better. If you like the sound of that, you'll have something good to look forward to each day.

Cons

A very difficult client, and a combination of startup and corporate mentality within the business side has made direction unclear, and a focus on laying blame instead of solving problems has been inherited from the client.

Leadership could not be more divided. Everyone below the SDM level is utterly confused as to the direction of the company. Entire overnight restructuring with no explanation or warning is never a good thing to see multiple times a year, and with absolutely no advance warning. This fosters a sense of instability and misdirection - there's multiple people in the organization who not only cannot specify who they actually report to in a singular sense, but also have trouble accessing the myriad levels of support from NTTData corporate. An HR person who is not on site regularly, no raises unless you get an offer and threaten to leave, every promotion is a lateral move - these are signs of very poor respect for employees.

Typical consulting company

I have been working at NTT DATA

Pros

If you are placed at a nice client site with a fun project then you will be happy with your day to day work. Company tries to recognize talent but they are constrained by bill rate and inability to provide project mobility.

Cons

Like a typical consulting company you will be limited in salary and growth opportunities by client placement. Make sure you negotiate well when you join before you get locked in with any immigration matters.

Try to find ways to provide growth opportunities for your people.

5. Great work environment

I have been working at NTT DATA

Pros

Provide good opportunities for growth, good work environment

Cons

Compensation sometimes does not match market trends.

Genuinely unpleasant.

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Albany, NY

I have been working at NTT DATA

Pros

There's not really much good here. I work for a government client, the pay is mediocre, and the benefits are nothing exceptional.

Cons

The disconnect between employees and management is enormous. I've been working on site with the client for a month already, and still haven't been paid due to incompetency. All records of were somehow lost in the NTT Data personnel files, my paycheck was sent an address I never lived at, and somehow the profile created after the fact for me lists me as "Kyle." Strange, since I'm a woman, and have never been a Kyle.

There is no corporate culture. In fact, I've only met two other NTT employees in my time as a contractor; one being the recruiter who contacted me in the first place, and the second being some unknown HR grunt.

Stop doing everything that you currently do, and move in another direction. Like selling socks, or stylish cravats. Seriously, everything you do shows incompetence.

7. Good company

I have been working at NTT DATA

Pros

it is comfortable,
    it is flexible timing,
    it is cab is provided,
    it is friendly,
    it is good

Cons

will not get yearly hike

8. Great company for a start to a career in either government contracting or Federal government.

I worked at NTT DATA

Pros

Good benefits, flexibility, paid time off, non-stressful work environment, non-micromanaging...When I worked there I had a great team lead who had my back, I appreciated that they don't come like that anymore.

Cons

Can't really say anything bad, they are one of the better contracting businesses out

Mixed bag

I worked at NTT DATA

Pros

- Most of my fellow employees were pleasant and easy to deal with
    - The interview process was easy and I heard back quickly
    - Decent job in the short term

Cons

- I worked on site and senior management was very distant from the concerns of their employees there. There was not a strong sense of community.

- HR is impossible to work with. They take a very long time to deal with problems and are frequently dismissive and combative. If you have a serious issue crop up, you cannot count on them at all.

- As with many contractors, there is very little loyalty to employees when a contract is or may be ending.

Worst company!

I have been working at NTT DATA

Pros

nothing really to talk about

Cons

everything to talk about, no promotions, no hike

They suck big time. Another stupid consulting firm.

11. Good company for employee growth

I have been working at NTT DATA

Pros

training and personal growth are valued here.

Cons

a little un-organized for consultant