NVIDIA

NVIDIA Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

NVIDIA Co-Founder, President, and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang

Jen-Hsun Huang

Pros:
  • "Cutting edge technology exposure, respect to individual, pay master"
    in 56 reviews
  • "Open door policy, lots of opportunities for interaction with many very smart people"
    in 41 reviews
Cons:
  • "Workloads can be too much for one person which leads to less of a work/life balance"
    in 73 reviews
  • "Overworked; no work-life balance"
    in 13 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good company, but still going through some growing pains

Program Manager (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood growth ahead of its future. Good training programs available to the employees.

ConsManagement style still like a small company. This maybe different now since I left the company back in 09.

I have a good experience at nvidia

Hardware Engineer (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsNvidia values it employees very highly. It gives them the opportunity to contribute a lot and grow a lot at the
    same time. It rewards employees with cash, stock, and plenty of good opportunities.

ConsI do not know of cons at nvidia. this is a great company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not have much advise to upper management. they know their employees well and spend lots of time trying to understand each person's needs.

Software QA Intern

Software QA Engineer (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsThe location is convenient and the company campus is really nice. I also loved the weather, though that has more to do with the area. My coworkers were all very friendly and helpful, and so was my manager. The technology I worked with was pretty interesting. I was also fortunate enough to meet a lot of the chief executive team, and I liked them a lot. The intern events were also a lot of fun.

ConsThe work itself was extremely boring, and there was a lot of overtime (which I didn't mind due to the overtime pay). It was difficult to meet people outside my team. The company also has a relatively corporate feel, which makes sense given it's size. Not my cup of tea.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to start a new career in Bay Area

Systems Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood compensation, used to be great technical talent, great place for a fresh college grad.

ConsManagement is rotting to the point of not recognizing their best talent is leaving for greener pastures (pun intended). Promotions are slower than you think.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of kicking good ideas aside in the name of schedules and business decisions, pay attention to employee morale.

The good, the bad and the ugly.

ProsExciting, challenging opportunities. Awesome time off policy, no limits, make your own.

ConsCEO checked out rich about 2 years ago. Rampant politics, lack of direction, no management. Zero compensation, promotion oportunities in my group.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider earning that pay.

good time

Tool Engineer (Former Employee)
    Lake Oswego, OR

ProsThis is a great place for engineers, CEO is really nice and ambitious. They valuate engineers the most.

ConsIt is a bit hard to get into, and you have to be strong in communication

Very good place to work and move up if you take the initiative

Engineering Manager (Current Employee)

ProsChallenging work.
    If you take the initiative and be proactive, you will be rewarded careerwise.

ConsThe work is continuous with no lull. You will have to learn to pace yourself, otherwise you will burn out.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to balance the workload. Multiple projects all vying for the same resources puts lots of pressure on the engineers.

Work Hard, Play Hard

ASIC Intern (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsVery interesting work toward a very clear vision. Incredibly competent engineers, with a management that understands what we're doing.

ConsVery challenging work: will almost certainly result in staying late a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementAggressive market diversification appears to be working for you, so stick with it.

Payroll

Payroll (Former Employee)
    Santa Clara, CA

ProsFlexible schedule and liked what I did.

ConsWorst manager I ever worked for. She called for 5 minutes meeting, it turned out 30 mins to an hour or until people kicked us out of the conference. She talked about other people, and gossips. Didn't know how to assign job responsibilities to employees. One was extremely busy, while others weren't challenged enough. Fake and insecured and nosy and micro manager. Since she started running the department a few years ago, she demoted all her supervisors. EmployeeS walked out without giving notice. She involved way too much in APA. I think this could be her side job. Stupid management didn't see this even the employees brought to their attention. It's sad the company is a decent place to work for. I wouldn't say the best but average.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to pay attention to area that has big turn over.

wonderful

Printed Circuits Designer (Current Employee)
    Beaverton, OR

Prosgreat team, loved working with them.

Consnone, This was a wonderful company to work for and I'll missed all of my team mates.

Advice to Senior Managementnone they did a great job

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!

NVIDIA Videos

NVIDIA – Why Work for Us?

As a world leader in visual computing technology NVIDIA's objective remains solid: to be the most important 3D company in the world. We invest in our people and our technologies, support and fund industry research… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NVIDIA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for NVIDIA CEO Jen-Hsun Huang. All 635 reviews posted anonymously by NVIDIA employees.