NVIDIA Reviews

Reset
3.8
NVIDIA Co-Founder, President, and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang
Jen-Hsun Huang

Pros
  • Cutting edge technology, fast paced (in 65 reviews)

• The team I worked for had extremely smart people (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • Workloads can be too much for one person which leads to less of a work/life balance (in 87 reviews)

• Overworked; no work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

a good place to work if you are focusing on tech devleopment

Current Employee - Senior Architect in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Architect in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time

Pros

There are interesting and challenging tasks, and most of the time is working with brilliant coworkers, it's a quite good place if you plan to polish you tech capabilities further.

Cons

Sometimes the workload is a little high for an individual engineer, and for one to ramp up, most of the time you have to learn by yourself, so it's all depends on your ability to learn.

2. Exciting technology and brilliant colleagues.

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time

Pros

NVIDIA has many brilliant technologists, who are also some of the nicest people to work with.
    The culture is very friendly and everyone is trying to help their colleagues be successful.
    The GPU technology and related software is state-of-art with amazing growth potential. The company is working on really important challenges and making great contributions.

Cons

The organizational structure is very flat. Its like a big start-up company in some ways. Ok with me, but not for everyone. High degree of independence and self-motivation for best success here.

Advice to Management

Brilliant on technology side, so hard to add anything there. More focus on business processes and leadership. Great company culture, but consider adding formalized mentoring and leadership development/grooming offerings.

3. Senior Hardware Engineer

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time

Pros

Bright outlook, opportunity to learn lots of things, good work life balance.

Cons

compensation is confusing. no RSU, no PTO policy, subpar benefit.

Advice to Management

n/a

A Company With Vision That's Making a Difference

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Visionary CEO with vision and market awareness.
    Empowering work environment where risk taking, mistakes & learning are expected.
    Often on the cutting edge of meaningful innovation.
    Company commitment to improving the world.

Cons

Some areas are still very light on process leading to last-minute scrambles & heroic saves.
    It's not a "warm & fuzzy" culture -- Feedback is direct, quick, and can hurt if you're the type to take it personally. If you can de-personalize it and learn, you'll do great.

Advice to Management

Mostly keep up the good work, but if possible, also develop a more sophisticated awareness of the differences in employees and what motivates them. As we do that, we'll more completely tap our existing employees, and be able to attract a wider range of employees as we grow.

6. Great place to work, but hard to move to other areas.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, very professional culture, nice activities like taco Friday or occasional movie day.

Cons

Internal job postings are not maintained. The company will look outside first for new positions.

Advice to Management

Consider revamping the internal job posting system.

7. Best company I worked for

Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Research Scientist in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NVIDIA is an established leader in the field of visual computing. It is highly focused on gaming, professional visualization, high-performance computing and smart devices (with special focus on automotive). NVIDIA hires world-class professionals who make recognized contributions to all those fields.
    As a result, NVIDIA is a highly diversified environment of highly motivated and smart people, which makes it a great place to be at. Combined with great human relationships, great benefits and a rock-star CEO, what else can you ask for?

Cons

Santa Clara offices are getting crowded. Looking forward for the new campus!

Advice to Management

In a company where change is constant - keep doing what you do! Look for new business opportunities, hire the best talent, and listen to your employees. Thanks!

8. ASIC Engineer

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time

Pros

Smart, self-starting co-workers make the job easier. Things get fixed and soon, generally speaking.

Issues are settled on the merits. Now, sometimes the winning argument is schedule or lack of resources, but it's still a "winning argument" and not a political win. Open and honest, no unspoken agendas allowed. This probably means in practice that unspoken agendas are just more rare! Still, all in all, a very good culture.

Cons

It still can be a little bit hard to strike the right work-life balance.
    Pay could be better and the rumor is that it is better at one or two of our competitors.

9. Changing the World - the Visual Computing Frontier

Current Employee - Senior Individual Contributor in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Individual Contributor in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NVIDIA is an awesome company to work for - innovative, cutting and bleeding edge, fast-paced. People here are out to make a difference in the world - both through the products we create and the way we contribute to the communities we work and live in. Working on a project here means really owning that project - you can see the impact of your work. Colleagues are smart,, committed, achievement-oriented, passionate and great to work with. I love my company, the products and the team!

Cons

Changing the world can be demanding and expectations are high, but if you are willing to put in the hard work and collaborate with others, the career opportunity is outstanding.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward high performance and maintain the open door policies that have made NVIDIA what it is.

10. Great place to grow as a Technical Engineer.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary, friendly people, dog friendly campus. Hours are very flexible. Your team and manager will determine your experience here. You're encouraged to learn and bring new skills to your team. A lot of long tenure employees, good sign at any company. Great mix of older and younger talent, energy plus experience!

Cons

No bonuses or stock options. Heavy home brew backend, takes a bit of time to learn - teams are spread out over different sites (makes syncing and collaboration difficult at times. E-mail heavy communication - Office Communicator is the company IM protocol (no Android support). Newegg gives better product discounts than employees get (I'm a gamer, was disappointed on this one)

Advice to Management

Bring teams closer together.

11. If you are passionate about what you do, this is the place for you!

Current Employee - Systems Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time

Pros

1. You get to work on cutting edge tech.
    2. Startup-like environment .. You will have a complete ownership of your work.
    3. Very steep learning curve.
    4. Very passionate and talented staff.
    5. Competitive base salaries.

Cons

1. Sometimes, its hard to maintain work-life balance.
     2. No bonuses.
     3. Perks could be better.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

RSS Feed </> Embed