NVIDIA Reviews

Reset
3.8
NVIDIA Co-Founder, President, and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang
Jen-Hsun Huang

Pros
  • Cutting edge technology, fast paced (in 65 reviews)

• The team I worked for had extremely smart people (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • Workloads can be too much for one person which leads to less of a work/life balance (in 87 reviews)

• Overworked; no work-life balance (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

a good place to work if you are focusing on tech devleopment

Current Employee - Senior Architect in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Architect in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time

Pros

There are interesting and challenging tasks, and most of the time is working with brilliant coworkers, it's a quite good place if you plan to polish you tech capabilities further.

Cons

Sometimes the workload is a little high for an individual engineer, and for one to ramp up, most of the time you have to learn by yourself, so it's all depends on your ability to learn.

2. Fantastic, Challenging Place to Work

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NVIDIA truly pushes forward graphics technology. It's incredibly exciting to be part of a company that is a leader in so many fields. Fantastic people to work with. Lots of opportunities. Very much a self-starter work environment.

Cons

Could be better about encouraging employees to actively use our consumer product. 401k matching options could be better (but the overall benefits packages are pretty great).

Advice to Management

Get more employees to actively use our products, especially SHIELD devices. Especially for these consumer devices, listen more to employee feedback.

3. Marketing manager

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Energetic place to be - it's a young, hungry company full of smart people doing interesting things. It's a great place to learn and you are given opportunities to switch teams and learn new things.

Cons

Work loads can be heavy, there's no clear path to management positions. The 401k plan isn't great.

Advice to Management

More praise when employees do well.

5. Innovative, startup culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company has amazing, world-changing technology, and it’s working hard to figure out which markets will stick. This requires employees to be adaptable, flexible and really curious, because it’s likely you’ll get to work on something different at some point in your tenure. This may not be for you, but if that sounds interesting it will expand your resume in ways you never thought possible on orientation day, even if you’re in a non-technical role. Our culture is pretty unique, mostly non-political, everyone is direct with each other. Mistakes are embraced as part of innovation, it’s not cool to CYA and throw others under the bus.

Cons

No company is perfect, but my biggest peeve is that we’re slaves to shareholders quarterly expectations, which means we’re constantly crunching down on expenses each quarter. This drives bad (hoarding) behavior internally, and doesn’t allow us to take a long term look at opportunities and risks and be responsive and proactive v reactive. The company has a short term focus, which comes from us switching into new markets constantly, so we haven’t paid attention to building our brand with consumers like Intel did at this point in their business, and investing in building the people who are here (through training, sabbaticals, etc). Some recent investments and hires give me hope this will change in the next few years.

Advice to Management

Support our new marketing hires to really make a connection with consumers that aren’t gamers. Invest in your employees more. This place is pretty intense and I bet we have one the highest retention rates in the Valley. Give your folks a chance to take a short sabbatical, let them come back ready for (more) battle. Look for areas of high waste in marketing and pet projects, so the rest of us can stop having to give up dollars each quarter (and not even for the greater good).

6. One of the best places I've worked

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart colleagues, great pay, good benefits, nice work environment. Nimble, fast-moving company focused on results, very little bureaucracy. Super-smart CEO. Flexible hours and can work from home as needed. Strong culture and very encouraging of volunteer work.

Cons

My long commute is honestly the thing I like least, but I can't blame the company for that. Things can change fast at the company, which some people aren't suited for. Sometimes makes planning difficult. CEO is a bit of a micro-manager.

Advice to Management

With the constant change in the industry, keep communicating with employees about strategy, planning and tactics.

7. marketing manager

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Incredible vision for the future and the company's role in it.

Cons

If only there were a sabbatical program, it would ease work-life balance issues

Advice to Management

Don't lose core values as you continue to grow.

Manager

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial environment; strong e-level management; opportunities to take on additional responsibilities abound; competitive salary; subsidized food; free classes and small workout room; flexibility to work from home

Cons

CEO involved in every aspect of company; senior marketing management departures; stock price

Advice to Management

Allow senior management to make decisions with CEO guidance not micromanagement; work on advertising campaign to get GPUs and our platforms a household name (equivalent to Intel Inside)

Great place to work

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NVIDIA provides a competitive salary along with industry standard benefits. No paid time off (vacation or sick days). This can be OK with a good manager or it can be a nightmare with a bad one. I don't know anyone personally who has had a hard time getting time off. Working from home is acceptable, and many people do so when they are able. Work can be very challenging, and I haven't experienced many "slackers" just drifting along. Most people seem to pull their own weight. Many opportunities to volunteer in the community, and the offices are "green".

Cons

Can be difficult to move around. Some personalities may find it difficult to deal with so many "Type A's". Aggressive behavior is expected sometimes, so I can understand if some can't really get into that either.

Advice to Management

Consider career development opportunities to keep people from leaving.

10. DFT Methodology Intern

I have been working at NVIDIA

Pros

Good Technical learning and exposure

Cons

Work load sometimes is more.

11. Proud to be working here!

Current Employee - California in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - California in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart co-workers who are always willing to help you. Very transparent management, no room for any politics.

Cons

cant think of any cons

RSS Feed </> Embed