NVIDIA

NVIDIA Reviews in Santa Clara, CA

Updated Jul 13, 2014

NVIDIA Co-Founder, President, and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang

Jen-Hsun Huang

Pros
  • Cutting edge technology exposure, respect to individual, pay master(in 56 reviews)

• Open door policy, lots of opportunities for interaction with many very smart people(in 41 reviews)

Cons
  • Workloads can be too much for one person which leads to less of a work/life balance(in 75 reviews)

• Overworked; no work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

266 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great experience

Hardware Intern (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGot pulled into work from day 1, they treat interns like regular employees.
    Extremely talented engineers, very helpful.
    The approach is competitive and aggressive here.
    Good pay, benifits. They pay for your transportation, relocation, flight, etc.

ConsMicromanagement is a problem here

Great team and good work, but no real bonus or stock anymore

Lead Validation Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThe team I work with and the products I work on are top notch and the product cycles allow for a bit of down time (sometimes). This is a feast and famine type of position at times. Great health care.

ConsNo more stock options (RSU's unless you are upper management) and not bonus structure. My team and boss are good, but others are not so and don't give down time. No room for advancement as those that are in management don't seem to move to make room for others to move up (unless they leave).

Advice to Senior ManagementGive bonuses, give RSU's again,

Best internship I've had

Architecture Intern (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsWork with extremely intelligent people on products that are life challenging. Everyone is passionate about their work. Very good corporate culture, management is helpful.

ConsThere is a significant amount of work to be done and at times people are quite busy. Benefits are OK.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Many things to learn, state of the art technology to work on.

Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsPromotion and career opportunities are good
    Work Culture is good, minimum politics
    Company value is good, Jensen is a good CEO

ConsCompensation should be better for keeping talents

A great tech company that's getting a little bloated

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsSuper technical mgmt
    strong engineering team

Consgetting to be a big company and hard to react quickly

Advice to Senior Managementbe decisive and drive the market instead of the other way around

Ideal for slackers who don't mind working for a poor management team

Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsThe work life balance is good for the reason above. Work will mostly come in a waves but for the most part it is an easy 9-5 job.

Everyday you can relive the scene from "The Expert". *Google it*

Subsidized dinner - $5 off of any meal

ConsThe management is dysfunctional with no goal
    Zero transparency on future products and revenue
    No one takes responsibility of their actions and focuses on blaming the next guy down corporate ladder.
    The smart and creative engineers leave within 2 years of joining
    Strong emphasis on collecting data that doesn't make any sense
    Politics drives this company.

This place is toxic and poor for new graduates

The motto of speed of light is ridiculous. This is just a term used by management when they realized when the project encounters a major setback because they sacrificed too much quality for unrealistic deadlines and cost. Typically results in engineers (individual contributors) to work on the weekend.

Great atmosphere for Engineers to own and do things

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Santa Clara, CA

Pros- Engineering focused
    - Flexible
    - Nice people
    - Good perks

Cons- Semiconductors are old school
    - Managment is not market savvy

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is more to product development than just cool Technology

Great environment with engaging and challenging projects.

Senior Developer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsA lot of opportunity to take on new challenges and bigger projects to move ones career forward. NVIDIA is steadily moving into a modern web service based platform and as a developer it is great to be involved with that.

ConsLike with most large companies, office politics and inter-team issues pop up which can get in the way of getting the job done. It can be frustrating to play politics instead of doing actual work.

Interesting, but busy.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsLots of interesting work and projects, easy to move between teams to get variety of work. Chance to work with a lot of skilled engineers.

ConsInternal projects tend be designed around immediate needs, not long term goals. Large volume of works leads to under-staffing of projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlan projects with more than the current goal in mind.

Good company to work for, lots of passion about graphics technologies

Senior Engineering Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsYou will be working with great people who are very passionate about advancing graphics and gaming technology. Very competitive salary compensation. Very agile company. Values talent over years of experience when internal promotions.

Conswork-life balance can be difficult at times - key folks get very overloaded. Non-salary benefits are not as competitive to other valley companies

Advice to Senior Managementimprove work life balance for everyone, improve benefits (free food, offsites, more team building events). less work churn

Worked for NVIDIA? Contribute to the Community!