NVIDIA Reviews

1. Overall a good place to work

Current Employee - Senior Signal Integrity Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Signal Integrity Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA

Pros

dynamic, less politics, lots of talented people

Cons

Long working hours, less organized place, package is not that attractive

2. Worked as a Hardware Intern

Current Intern - Hardware Engineering Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Intern - Hardware Engineering Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic, interesting, challenging. It is interesting also to work for a company that is not unknown to regular people. It's also nice to have some kind of feedback about the stuff you do, to see them in action. People at the company are fair and reasonable

Cons

I cannot think of some list of cons. When there is work, there is work. Some days you'll score approx 10 hours a day (paid overtime, of course) some days, you'll have almost no work at all, but that's how it works.

Perhaps regular salary increases can be a bit bigger, you are losing some share of quality people because of that.

Decent company

Former Employee - Senior Systems Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Smart people, a lot of fun at work. Good location. Management was quite lenient.

Cons

Poor diversity. All males. Low salary comparing to the industry average.

5. Challenging, fast pace, customer facing, and good working culture.

Former Employee - Notebook Applicatoin Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Notebook Applicatoin Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Young team with passion and enthusiasm and the actual work is challenging. the bar of the hiring is quite high, so most of the people's abilities are quite good. A lot of famous or big companies like to recruit people from this company.

Cons

The product is #1 in the industry, hard for further growth. Therefore, going to the right team with room to grow is very important in this company.

Making the Most of What you're given

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA

Pros

Pros are a flat hierarchy and the ability to make a difference and be heard. I work with a great group of people who do more with less. We all work hard in our group and turn out a tremendous amount of work considering our small team.

Cons

Our Finance department does not do a good job of budgeting for the various business units. Business units should be trusted to manage their own annual budgets once it has been reviewed and approved by Finance. Instead, what happens is each purchase req is re-analyzed again for each submittal. Definitely not speed of light. Finance should only be in the approval chain once a business unit has shown they cannot manage their approved budgets and are over what was approved at the beginning of the year.

Would advise that finance model should be to rent out real estate to various business units. This would make lab managers more responsible in requesting more space for labs and employees, leading to better usage of space. Think of long term investment in the company rather than quarter by quarter.

7. It was chill and laid-back

Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA

Pros

Lot of fun events for interns. Chilled environment. Email centric work culture. Had a lot of fun in the summer.

Cons

Not many that I can think of. Company provided everything that I expected. Can't comment on perks since I worked as an intern.

8. Lean Operations & Execution

Current Employee - Engineer Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA

Pros

Jensen is very passionate CEO , motivates people to strive and perform better.
    Very lean Operations, company does everything with a shoe string budget. They execute well with what budget they are given.
    Smart people

Cons

Benefits are less. Pay is not up to the market rate.
    Even a push pin doesn't get moved without Jensen's consent. Jensen is on top of everything.
    No wonder the company doesn't cross $4B in revenue.
    Improve Hiring processes . Make it more strict across all teams.
    Lot of talented people are leaving the company. As a result those positions are filled with incompetent people.

Stop throwing Jensen Card around. Understand priorities better.
    Speed of light is not the way to get things done.
    Functional teams need to talk to each other.
    Bring back free food .

A company culture focused on dodging the CEO.

Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at NVIDIA full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Steady pay.
    Good amenities on campus.
    Flexible working hours.

Cons

Expect to work holidays, weekends, evening and early mornings. Worst work/life balance in silicon valley. Products are poorly researched and cheaply made before being turned over to a woefully underfunded and understaffed marketing team micromanaged by the CEO (who has no marketing experience).

CEO is out of touch, mean spirited and insecure. His ego is enormous and he has personally ruined the launch of the companies products for the last 3 years because he insists on debuting them himself but his ability to communicate is impaired.

Talented management and individual contributors alike tends to realize issues with CEO are insurmountable and happily leave for better work conditions at other silicon valley tech companies.

High turnover - talent jumps ship as fast as it can find new employment making NVIDIA permanently understaffed. NVIDIA is a good stepping stone to join other companies with more progressive values, grown up management and innovative products.

Find a way to remove Jensen from the equation. If he were no longer involved, you might be able to get some work done.

10. Good company, Pay limited

Former Employee - Senior Dft Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Dft Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

CEO with vision, great engineers and marketers.

Cons

lots of work, tend to silo people

More opportunities for moving across and upwards

11. Sales Manager

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at NVIDIA full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Company had huge growth while I was there. Jensen had excellent leadership and vision, Chris M was amazing. Culture was the world is our oyster and we were reaching for it. Light every pixel. Quite inspiring.

Cons

Bureaucracy. Didn't listen to field input about what customers wanted, or only certain customer input was valued. Lots of missed opportunity and the bureaucrats always knew more than the guy sitting with the customers every day.

Was a fun place to work. Lost the formula, got too big. Manager felt scared, threatened, couldn't take advantage of asset/experience.