NVR Reviews

Reset
2.8
Paul C. Saville

1. Loan Specialist

I worked at NVR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- 9 to 5 decent hours - structured - easy to approach management

Cons

- little family atmosphere - little compassion from managers - difficult to excel up the ladder

Advice to Management

Reward those people who have a passion and potential to make NVR better.

Proceed with Caution

I have been working at NVR full-time

Pros

Potential for very good money.

Cons

Non-existent work/life balance Sales practices that involve bait & switch and other questionable tactics

Processor

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Fairfax, VA

I worked at NVR full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Average pay. Comraderie among employees.

Cons

Management positions are filled from within, which would be a "pro", except none have training in management. And it's not provided. Hence, they are horrible at leading, motivating, or managing people. The only focus is meeting the profitability goals.

Advice to Management

It's the people doing the work that make the profits. Train managers to manage better.

Great for just starting out, great training

I have been working at NVR

Pros

Training was thorough and comprehensive, company vision was solid, good relationships with coworkers, great resources for building knowledge across the business, great growth potential if you want to stay in sales

Cons

Working every weekend, pay was low for the industry, real estate market, poor management, no room to move around the company,

Advice to Management

Reward people, and provide more time off

Loan Processor - Worst employment experience ever!

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Fairfax, VA

I worked at NVR full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The tough experience and exposure to loan origination, different types of loan products, and their requirements.

Cons

- extremely pressurized environment. - very unprofessional branch/company. Employees including the regional manager, and processing supervisors use foul language all over the floor. - pressure and workload is so much that no employee is willing to help you. Instead you get negative vibes from everyone - company doesn't let you work overtime, but there is so much work that everyone ends up staying late anyway (without pay). Seen employees work 12-14hrs a day and still not meeting goals. - chances of growth are extremely minimum

Advice to Management

- act professionally

Processor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

I worked at NVR full-time

Pros

My co workers absolutely the best part. I did love the work just not the manner in which they were making me do it . They make the process so much harder than it needs to be!

Cons

They change there focus every 6 months to what's important. They have lost some great employees do to the immaturity and lack of management skills by the manager's. oh and egos.Even after I gave my noticed they put unrealistic demands on me. I know I made the right decision to leave. I myself did not work over time but mostly everyone in there is working long hours and not getting paid for it.

Advice to Management

Get some knowledge to know the job you are over seeing-Come to work-Practice what you preach-Value your employees than they would not be leaving- Be professional-Grow up-

No... just no...

Current Employee - Mortgage in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Mortgage in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at NVR full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NVR Mortgage: Some of the people here are very friendly and make up for the unprofessional behavior of others. NVR is a stable company that will most likely be around for a good while.

Cons

NVR Mortgage: This is by far the most unprofessional place I have ever worked. The management team is compiled of people with no prior management experience who tend to bully their employees. There is a lot of back stabbing, belittling, victimizing, and even ridiculing from the management team. There have been a few of us who have gone to one of them for help, only to find that they make fun of us behind our backs. There is no leadership here and no professionalism. Career growth is also very limited.

Advice to Management

Please replace yourselves.

Beware

Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Dayton, OH
    Former Employee - Accounts Payable in Dayton, OH

I worked at NVR

Pros

Upper management was friendly, and the tour of the facility was informative. The hours of operation and new employee.

Cons

Interviewed with manager and offered an AP position, but the manager should have alerted her staff that I was African American. The manager was absent on my first day, and when I walked in the door on day one, the employee came around the corner and was so thrown off by me to the point that her bright smile dropped and face took on a crimson hue. Within an hour of training, the young woman decided that I was too confused and could not handle the details of the job. I have worked in Accounts Payable for over 15 years with higher education backing. She gave me invoices to match with purchase orders, and ostracized me for omitting one or two check marks on line items, and not placing a date/coding stamp in a particular place on invoices. On day two, she decided the only thing I was capable of was filing. On day three, every invoice I was giving to code returned with her statement of error of the check marks. On day four, she said in her own words that I was not able to handle the job. I was placed at NRV through a staffing agency called Callos, and when I left that Friday, I knew I would get a call from Callos telling me not to return. Another temporary who had been there a week prior to me was giving full instructions and patience of acclimation to a new job. This employee was white, and allowed to make errors more severe in nature of a simple check mark or placement of a coding stamp. On day five, which was on a Monday, I was told to just watch my trainer key in invoices and not ask to questions because it was too distracting. On day six, I was giving 2 to 3 hundred invoices that had piled up over a couple of weeks with the instruction to match/code. This took hours to complete, and once the checking/coding was completed, the person returned over half of the invoices back claiming drastic errors. I checked the invoices for errors and found none to my training, but I was told that I also needed to calculate the discounts and was supplied with a tiny calculator to do so. I received a call from Callos, and was told that I was not a good fit for the company by upper management. When I pried for more information, Callos stated that my job performance was the reason.

Advice to Management

Office staff needs training in cultural diversity of the work place.

Settlement Services

I have been working at NVR full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, opportunities for advancement

Cons

Upper management has deteriorated since CoB stepped down several years ago. New management brought in has been less than stellar and disappointing to those that have been there for years. No real leadership.

Great company where hard work is rewarded

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative

I have been working at NVR full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits and pay are good. Management truly cares about their employees, their well being and helping them advance their careers with the company.

Cons

Can be highly stressful with long hours. Often work alone so workload is heavy with little assistance or true time off.

RSS Feed </> Embed