NWP Services Corp.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Radice

Great learning experience

ProsSmall company, great company values

ConsDoes not hire from within, lack opportunity for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more from within the company

Worst Company Ever-Run Away

Client Accounts (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsRealistically no pros; a small paycheck from a slave shop PLUS

-Downtown Parking near 6th
    -Nice hardworking co workers

Cons-no training
    -unrealistic expectations for employee performance
    -rampant turnover/dissatisfied employees
    -no bonuses or incentive
    -inconsistent processes
    -very reactionary environment
    -constant internal system errors
    -depressing office space

Oh ask for a training manual...you have to make your own

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of you are okay people, but have no idea how to manage. The entire staff wants to leaves as office is refereed to as hell.

Excellent company with strong values

(Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

Pros1) NWP has a great Open Door Policy. Employees are encouraged to discuss new ideas, suggestions, concerns, and to question the status quo.

2) NWP has great talent. The people are the smartest and most innovative that I’ve encountered in this industry. Sub-par performance and less than stellar attitudes will not get you far and will not be tolerated long. Employees live by the Company values. Since this is a small organization, everyone is hands-on & must produce quality work; teamwork as well as self-motivation, an accountable and a reliable "go above & beyond" mentality is key to thriving at NWP.

3) The growth opportunities at NWP are vast for employees showing strong performance and expressing the desire and the drive to expand their responsibilities and knowledge.

4) Flexible work environment (to an extent). Most management are sympathetic to an individual's short-term scheduling needs, but at the end of the day, the amount of “flexibility” granted will boil down to meeting the needs of the business operations first, which is not a negative against the company, it’s just a fact.

5) Benefits are very good. It is apparent NWP takes pride in their health benefit offerings.

ConsWork/Life is not balanced.
    Departments often run with the minimal staff required, so you're always super busy. The company is goal oriented and strongly focused on continuous improvement resulting in many special projects. While the objective is to maximize efficiency and productivity, the time spent in the interim often results in long work hours for those involved in the projects, or for those holding down the fort while others work the projects. The drilled-in mentality to deliver quality service and results, along with being assigned many goals with time sensitive deadlines, leaves many working very long days and weekends.
    I have noticed an improved attitude culturally to encourage better work hours to avoid burn-out, but it’s difficult to get out of the cycle.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to foster work-life balance by being more considerate of the special project timelines relative to the individuals' schedules, existing job responsibilities and staffing demands within the departments and provide "cushion" with extra department resources when possible.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Phony

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome very nice co-workers, good benefits, decent pay

ConsRampant nepotism. managers promote factory worker mentality , stepford wives management, outdated management theories, micro managers, poor training,

Advice to Senior Managementlose the egos.

Great company- very loyal to employees

Account Manager (Current Employee) Costa Mesa, CA

ProsGreat work environment- all levels of management are open to discussion and suggestions from All employees. NWP is on the cutting edge of technological advances giving us the advantage over competitors. It's good to be at the top of your industry. The company has many long term ( over 10 years) employees. This is a very open environment where team members are encouraged to collaborate and be innovative.

ConsWork/ life balance can get out of control occasionally. We have grown tremendously in the last two years and there are times when this is challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote from within and recognize current teammates. This is the greatest motivator.

Just not the kind of company for someone that wants to help make change

Account Manager (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsThe benefits are great and probably some of the best compared to other companies.

ConsIf you need a company where your voice can be heard, this is not the company.

Research and resolution of utility data variances for property managament companies.

Analyst (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThe corps of the people working at NWP are good people.

ConsDeceptive management practices, and overtly asonyne propaganda. CEO Mike Radice is quoted as saying "We're building a ship that can sail in any weather." This is a quality statement, however in the mind of many associates, the subtext was clear, "we are a slave ship, you are the slaves. Deal with it"

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't swallow your own propaganda. Many of your employees are extremely dissatisfied with their level of compensation, compared to the high volume of productivity required, and at a level of competency and accuracy which is second to none. You have asked far too much of your people, when compared to their actual compensation. This is the most consistent complaint of my associates.

Worked for NWP Services Corp.? Contribute to the Community!