NWYC

Add Photos

Chris Adamson

Manager, trainer, and representative

Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFreedom to succeed and go far as you desire. I have been here 15 years and see no ceiling as long as I am willing to do my part.

ConsSelf employment requires discipline. This job is not for someone needing a boss to check in on him.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the company the way I have honestly described. I love working here!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Career of my dreams

District Trainer (Current Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsIf you are passionate about our country and our freedoms and have been looking for a way to get more people involved then this is the way.
    I love everything about my job. My managers understand how I work and let me do my thing my way. They see that I would be better training so they help develop me. There is plenty of room to grow with them also. It's a family owned organization with family values. Everyone is extremely supportive and amazing to work with. I absolutely love NWYC. Apparently I must have drank the Koolaid!!

ConsSometimes being out on your own alone gets to you but someone is always just a call away.

Advice to Senior ManagementAny advice I have for them, I have already given them!!!

I wouldn't do it again!!!

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

ProsOther reps for the most part have drank the kool aid, believe in the mission and are helpful to the other representatives. If you want to eat, drink and sleep legislative issues, this may be your gig.

ConsYou are 1099 independent contractor; employee. Don't let the self employment pitch, trap you. They will pay you like an independent contractor but treat you like an employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the reps develop. Your promotion system is too rigid, some reps may be wonderful trainers but lousy on their own sales people...you will never know because you won't allow them to be who they are...with your system, you will have and have had a tremendous representative turnover, that won't change until you do. I don't care how many new technology products you release....get the basics down!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunity if....

Legislative Research Representative (Former Employee) Corona, CA

ProsYou own your own business, have flexibility in managing your time and are awarded for performance.

ConsYou own your own business. All expenses are yours; unless you do training and manage other representatives. The economy is a key factor. If business owners are holding onto their cash, chances are they won't get involved in the membership no matter how passionate they are about America.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on membership retention and consider the cost of goods sold in comparison to the economy. Stop trying to throw recruiting new reps, pay attention to the reps you already have.

A terrific company to work for.

Sales Representative (Current Employee) Spokane, WA

ProsBest sales training, best team motivation, best commission structure, best management.

ConsAs in most sales jobs, you're all alone out there and dicipline is king

Outside sales with freedom to make your own schedule

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsFlexible schedule, great management and training

ConsTough product to sell during politically turbulent times

Wonderful company to work for and a great opportunity to make a great living!

ProsNWYC provides a great opportunity to work for a very important cause, and make a great money while doing it. The culture here is different that any other company I've worked with. Leadership cares about us, and it shows. They are constantly looking for ways to improve the product!

ConsThe ability to persevere when sales are down is a must. Not everyone buys, so there are lot's of no's. If you are the person who can get past that, stay positive, and keep the faith in the fact that numbers pay off, you'll do well here. If you can't do that, you probably should look somewhere else.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Company with Christian cor values

National Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) Richardson, TX

ProsIt is a family oriented company and a very friendly place to work. Most the employees have been here over 15 years, so home office staff turnover is very low.

ConsSmall home office staff makes it hard to get promotions. Communication between departments could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementMonthly home office meetings would keep everyone on the same page, less would fall through the cracks.

A job for the politically minded individual that believes in the legislative process.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIndependence and good training by Division Managers.

ConsUse of a verbatim 10 page script that is constantly being revised. Lots of B2B cold calling in person to get interviews with business owners. This job will consume your life if you do not manage it well.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer sales reps a base salary with unlimited commissions for their efforts. Years 2 and beyond, the renewal and new bus. comp. is greatly reduced to subsidize the incomes of first year reps.

If you aren't already a believer in the why, the how and what won't matter

District Representative (Current Employee)

ProsSelf - reliant, Great training program, Amazing organization to work with. You are making a difference if you believe in what you're doing. Unlimited income potential based on personal effort. I was sick for a few days, no one told me to get to work, they called out of concern. They are on top of new technology, always improving what they offer.

ConsIt takes a while to get used to how you go about each day. If you're not organized, it will be very tough to maintain your work life balance. You must be a self starter, and understand the need to put in the early hours every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevisit the commission structure to make it more beneficial at every level. Other than that, I'm satisfied with what they have to offer, and the direction the company is going.

Worked for NWYC? Contribute to the Community!