NWYC

Chris Adamson

Terrific company!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I worked at NWYC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A company that cares--about its employees, clients, country and morals. Potential to make a lot of money and move into a managerial spot. Trains employees very thoroughly. Not micromanaged. Have a lot of freedom here. Uncapped so you can literally earn what you are worth and feel like you're contributing to society at the same time!

Cons

Have to work hard and put in effort to make money.

Everyone should write their congressman if they care about their future. We make that happen.

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at NWYC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The mission is pure in that you are empowering Americans to have a voice in their government. Their is no limit on the amount of money you can make. There is a great training regimen that prepares new people. Everyone in the company cares about your success, and is committed to seeing you succeed.

Cons

You work by yourself most of the time so there is no "office" that you report to. You must be self motivated and willing so see some clients early in the morning. It is a commission position so each week can be different in regards to pay. You must see more "no's" to find the yeses.

Trainer reinbursement for meals needs to be raised.

Integrity in the Marketplace

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Cordova, TN
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Cordova, TN

I have been working at NWYC full-time (less than an year)

Pros

NWYC is an organization that brings a tool for voices to be heard all across our country on issues that are affecting our families and businesses.

Cons

there are no cons to enter

Keep doing what you do and how you treat employees and members

Great Company, Great People, Great Living... What more could anyone ask?

Current Employee - Dirtrict Manager/Trainer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Dirtrict Manager/Trainer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NWYC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I've worked with National Write Your Congressman as full time INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR for nearly 11 years. I am amazed at the level of dedication to the field force, from direct report management, Home Office staff, all the way up to the ownership of the company.

This is an INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR position. You are self employed and must treat this as YOUR OWN BUSINESS. You must be a self motivated/self starter, able to make a plan and execute that plan to achieve the results and goals that YOU SET to achieve the level of income that YOU DESIRE. There is no ceiling to the level of income or advancement for those that perform. You are responsible for your own success. Every bit of training and support that you could ever need or desire is there at a moments notice, if you show that you are COACHABLE. As an example, I received a phone call at 9pm one night, while standing in line at a Walmart, and was on the ground, IN ANOTHER STATE, at 7am the next morning to help a rep that was having difficulty. "When the student is ready, the teacher appears!" So, the question is...

"Do you want what you want enough to get out of your own way?"

National Write Your Congressman offers the opportunity for a successful career making a great income while providing a wonderful life of FREEDOM, both for your family and our nation!

Cons

This is an Independent Contractor position. You are self employed. This is YOUR BUSINESS. So YOU are responsible for your own expenses. You are responsible for your own planning of your day/week. No one is going to do it for you. You are responsible for your own success (training and support is readily available).

If you are the type person that needs constant supervision, this is NOT the job for you.

There is an established "system", a tried and true, PROVEN TO BE SUCCESSFUL way to do this job. You are taught the system and advised to trust that system. Those that do so ARE SUCCESSFUL. There is no KOOLAID here. It is simply a PROVEN WAY TO BE SUCCESSFUL! (McDonalds does not have a "McDonalds Koolaid". They have a "system" that delivers SUCESS for the franchise owners.)

One more comment. Yes, you are calling on small business owners who have had it ROUGH through our tough economic times. But once again, your success will come from your heart, your core, YOUR WHY. Some of my best financial years with the company have been during the economic downturn. The question is, "How do you look at a challenging economy?" The way that I look at it is this... "Business owners have realized that the costs of not being involved in America's governmental process costs them FAR MORE that the costs of being involved in NWYC".

It is up to me to HELP THEM SEE why they should be involved!

Continue to lead with your HEART, as you do now...
    Mangers do things right.
    But LEADERS DO THE RIGHT THING!

National Write Your Congressman is run by true LEADERS!

Keep up the good work!

Outstanding opportunity to make a difference while making a living

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at NWYC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My career in business membership sales has been greatly enhanced by working the past 10+ years with National Write Your Congressman. The job atmosphere is friendly, the compensation is great if your performance is great, and the cause is a noble one. I'd recommend this career to someone who is coachable, persistent, patient & passionate about freedom. It's given me the opportunity to become more active and involved in the issues that most affect my family's future.

Cons

Outside sales can be challenging for the individual who's not assertive.

A culture of honesty and caring

I have been working at NWYC full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training, caring management, good compensation, and quality work. The independent environment helps drive the feeling of you can be all you want to be.

Cons

Ownership somewhat out of touch with best way to apply incentives. Management compensation even though it is good is not in line with current business practices. Expense policy lacks reality check of what it actually cost in the field.

Update management policies and expense policy to current job market conditions.

Great Company/Great Culture/Great Income

Current Employee - Territory Manager/Membership Sales Representative in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at NWYC full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful company to work with. I enjoy the work, have an opportunity to make a great living doing something I believe in. Lots of support from everyone in the home office, as well as managers and trainers, but don't have to worry about being micro managed. The opportunity is here for growth, too, as long as I work toward it.

Cons

Need to have the ability to work independently. For someone not willing to make the calls needed to me successful, this may not be for them.

Thank you to management!!

This is an awesome company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Albany, NY

I have been working at NWYC as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have the freedom to do what I want, when I want. I make a good living. My work life balance is perfect! Nobody rides me for any reason. I couldn't ask for a better work environment.

Cons

If you are not a self motivated person and need lots of structure then you should look elsewhere. This job is for a self manager.

Heep doing what your doing!

Manager, trainer, and representative

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at NWYC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Freedom to succeed and go far as you desire. I have been here 15 years and see no ceiling as long as I am willing to do my part.

Cons

Self employment requires discipline. This job is not for someone needing a boss to check in on him.

Keep the company the way I have honestly described. I love working here!

Career of my dreams

Current Employee - District Trainer in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - District Trainer in Rochester, NY

I have been working at NWYC as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

If you are passionate about our country and our freedoms and have been looking for a way to get more people involved then this is the way.
    I love everything about my job. My managers understand how I work and let me do my thing my way. They see that I would be better training so they help develop me. There is plenty of room to grow with them also. It's a family owned organization with family values. Everyone is extremely supportive and amazing to work with. I absolutely love NWYC. Apparently I must have drank the Koolaid!!

Cons

Sometimes being out on your own alone gets to you but someone is always just a call away.

Any advice I have for them, I have already given them!!!