NYBP Reviews

18 reviews filtered by
2.2
Rafael Diaz

1. It could have been better but it was fine.

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I worked at NYBP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people and the job it self would be fun at times to do lots of energy and positive people at times made it a great environment.

Cons

It wasn't a base you had to work for all your coins and become the best of the best not the best of the rest, therefor there isn't a real con in this situation.

2. Nice experience as a sales rep

Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at NYBP part-time (less than a year)

Pros

you work on your own, you manage your own working time. No one is bossing you around.

Cons

you have to maintain a certain number of sales per week in order to not be demoted from your current status

3. Fake Work Environment

I worked at NYBP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Learn how shady sales can be.

Cons

This is the worst job I had in my life. There was so much competition and office drama. You have to dress up professionally to make only crap commission. Waste of time.

5. Sounds great, is anything but great.

I worked at NYBP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You learn the ups and downs of sales.

Cons

Bad work life balance, not a good culture.

Be more professional.

6. It worked out for me

Current Employee - BDR in New York, NY
    Current Employee - BDR in New York, NY

I have been working at NYBP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I think they do a bunch of different things b/c they helped me get a job at OfficeMax that I'm very happy with. They have a charity division that pays base plus commission and a staffing branch that's the part of their company that helped me get placed at O-Max which is 40K base plus benefits, bonus, commission and residuals. All in all I had a good experience obviously not the case for everyone.

Cons

Non-Yet, but I'll be looking out now that I read all this but I don't work there they just placed me at my current career.

7. great vibe and looks for ambitious individuals

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in New York, NY

I have been working at NYBP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

good working company, help and allow people to grow have a great long term stand.

Cons

process may not be for everyone it's not really a pyramid set up,so depending on the person.

I learned what a Ponzi scheme is, first-hand.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at NYBP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I felt like I had a job.

Cons

I did not have real job or make much money.

You're doing your job quite well. Putting my personal feelings aside, the upper management knows what they need to do & how to do it. They got me to take a day off from work to dress up in a suit for a 5 min.interview + I walked around town trying to "sell energy" (get small businesses to switch from ConEd). I may despise them now but I must say, to NYBP: you made me think this was legitimate.

corporate trainer experience @ New York Business Partners

I worked at NYBP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

great teams
    strong management system
    the employees can learn a lot of knowlege about sale and market from the daily meeting

Cons

the daily sales goal is difficult to be achieved
    always feeling stressful to work in the company

10. Horrid Scam Please do not fall for this

Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at NYBP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You gain some sales experience

Cons

New York Business Partners has scammed hundreds of entry level employees by posting job ads for "Entry Level Sales" and offering "Start Today" and "Start Earning Today" slogans. The company is Infact a sales and marketing firm. It has clients such as Merchant Services (Visa and Master Card) and APG&E (Affordable Power). They train there new employees send them out on the field going door to door selling these services. Sometimes Misinforming the clients of certain fees and services inorder to get them to sign a contract. Then New York Business Partners send in that Application/Contract and tell the employee that some of there accounts did not go through and that some did not qualify. Basically sending you home with a $30 check for the week. No matter how many accoutn you sign up and no matter how much money they "say" that you've made for those accounts, you do not get paid fairly. I waited 6 weeks for my first check for $90. After that I have not received any Checks. I have been given many excuses. I have been told the check is being processed, that it is in the mail. My Name and address have been printed wrong even after I correct it for them. It has been 9 weeks. I have left this horrible company and I still have yet to receive a check for all those accounts that I signed up.

My desired outcome is some sort of reimbursement and/or The company to stop this horrible scam, and cheating young individuals who dont know any better out of there hard earned money. The Office has 3 smaller LLC that the employees work under, they have nothing of value at the location. And I can imagine that they would just dissolve the company and open in a different name. This needs to be stopped immediately

11. "Scam-Don't do it!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at NYBP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you like working for free-this is perfect!

Cons

The managers are unprofessional and unethical-they also don't pay you. You'll notice that one 3-4 employees have been there over one month. Not a good sign. The fact that they make you put on a suit everyday is an attempt to appear professional.

Just pay people. Have some honesty and integrity. Your screwing low-income kids into thinking that they are going to make $500 a week. Be realistic.