NYC HHC

Add Photos

NYC HHC President and CEO Alan D. Aviles

Alan D. Aviles

good opportunity - stable employment

ProsLike any NYC job you will get a pension and health benefits on retirement if you hang around long enough. Most employees are friendly and accommodating. Plenty of room for career growth.

ConsThere is a tendency by management to hire subpar department directors. The directors should know more than the direct reports about the department's line of business.

not the worst place to work, but city governance ties hands, leaving you feeling frustrated

ProsMost people who work here are very nice. Some of the best coworkers I've had - down to earth and real

ConsManagement is not the best, and not the nicest - neg=office politics, ignorant top-down management, and uptight managers.

Advice to Senior Managementincrease office morale - better pay, better options for work, more respect for teams. etc.

CORROSIVE Health Care System

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPassionate Providers, Nurses, and supportive professional staff

ConsCorrosive leadership, disconnected board, and city politics tied into making money for the top, grandfathered, unskilled lifers. Administrators have great offices and catered food, when patients do not have enough clean seats in the waiting area.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe transparent! Proper training and a more resourceful environment for the entire treatment team is critical.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good workplace

Prosfriendly staff and nurses who really care

Consmore opportunities for raises and bonuses

HHC , Not a place for career growth...

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsYou have a job for life as long as you show up for work, sometimed you don;t even have to do that. Free healthcare.

ConsGET AS MUCH MONEY WHEN YOU ARE HIRED!!! There is No compensation for performance. You just have a job to fill a slot. Upward movement to another group is not rewarded with compensation, only more work. I was told when I started by several co-workers not to work too hard (HHC Culture).

Advice to Senior ManagementHHC should recognise and try to hold on to people whos performance evaluation ratings are 01 - Outstanding.

The PMO office is very un-organized with bad leadership.

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGovernment Retirement and Health Plan.

ConsDo not work for the PMO office.

Great job experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat relationships with coworkers and trusting relationship with the supervisor. As an intern, the supervisor gave me great opportunities to do the "real work", not just do some minor tasks such as filing or documenting. He tried his best to involve me in every project that I am interested in.

ConsThe organization culture is slow and sometimes it takes a long time to make changes.

Wonderful

ProsGrowth, education, benefits, promotions, lifestyle accomodations.

ConsNone, its all good in the hood.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

It has been a dynamic transformation working for HHC as suppose to the legal profession.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Brooklyn, NY

ProsMeeting challenges---as we know, there will always be---but meeting and working with people who are not afraid to set up to the challenge.

ConsMeeting patients who needs medical and clinical attention and not cooperating with the doctors, psysicians, staff and employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are exceptional employees who are not being reconize for their sincere hard work on a daily basis.

Stagnant place to work

ProsYou given free reign once you get you job done. Very laid back atmosphere, no pressure to show initiative or drive. Conforms to the stereotype of a city job.

ConsIf you are looking for career advancement it is hard. You have to know someone higher up to get recognized or given a opportunity to advance.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have good workers--provide some motivation for greatness.

Worked for NYC HHC? Contribute to the Community!