NYSE Euronext

www.nyx.com

NYSE Euronext Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014
NYSE Euronext – Brooklyn – “SDC Support”

NYSE Euronext CEO Duncan Niederauer

Duncan Niederauer

Pros
  • Compared to the old days, there has been a really great improvement in work/life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Good benefits and work-life balance(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is pretty quiet - but that may be because they, like the rest of us have no idea of what is really going on(in 11 reviews)

• After so many mergers, each city and even each department is run completely differently(in 4 reviews)

Where startups go to die.

ProsMany of the people are bright and motivated, great ideas, lots of untapped creativity.

ConsManagement of the firm is grossly incompetent and perpetually at war. Politics are the rule, few in senior management understand the business, the customer, or the products. Most have no idea how to lead or how to execute. The company has killed the business of every company it has acquired in the startup space. The business case study for the exchange should read "How to lose your company by focusing on things that are not your core competency, and letting your core capabilities die on the vine"

Advice to Senior ManagementTo ICE - cut the head off this company..clear cut management and identify new blood to lead people in a collaborative, modern management style. Sell assets that are non core and save yourself a ton of headaches.

Terribly mismanaged company - don't work here.

Senior Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsVisibility, exposure can be a plus. Sits at the center of the financial world. Access to high profile clients and potential to build significant network

ConsToo many too list. Unless you are on the 6th floor or want to coast through your career and rot your brain don't sign up. The place is filled with mediocre middle managers who are protecting each other and being ignored by the small team at the top.

Advice to Senior Managementpay more attention to the role you were meant to play - raising capital for issuers. Stop obsessing with HFT and trading and focus on serving investors with a fair market and no rebates

Was a great place to be

ProsName, Prestige, History, People, Technology, Experience

ConsHours, Effectiveness of Management, Collaborative Skills between Teams, Management looking out for Management, bringing in new personnel/consultants instead of looking/placing from within

Advice to Senior ManagementNYSE was a wonderful environment where I have enjoyed many wonderful years and have gained a great deal of experience. However, the new environement is too siloed, no input from middle management up, new management believes that only the new personnel have value and personnel with history and understanding are too old and not as useful.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, great name but a dwindling business

Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe people have a diverse Wall Street background - bankers, traders, consultants, equity analysts, etc. And the pay is very far to start out. 29/hour as an intern.

ConsThe company is shrinking and going to be taken over and all the upper management are from other firms, eg there's very little room to grow as an internal player.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people from within and you will keep your best analysts

No growth despite strong individual performance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsNice people for the most part

ConsLittle room for career advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnjoy your golden parachutes

Very disappointed

ProsFun work events i.e celebrities and cool people come to the exchange sometimes.

ConsExtreme lack of diversity. People who have been with the company for years don't know how to open Excel let alone know anything about "technology". There is no customer focus. The focus is on profits. People who come work for the exchange come to get their creativity killed and instead learn how to be monotonous droids following orders from people who honestly couldn't pass a high school math exam.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is advice to the new owners of the NYSE (ICE). Fire a vast majority of the staff, especially if they have been with the company for many years. Most people here are stuck in their ways and will drive this company to the ground given enough time. I've been here far too long and seen way too many good people leave out of pure frustration with having to work with such hardheaded people. Fire 80% of the company and hire some young undergrads to inject some new blood into this 200 year old carcass.

Too much change and limited direction. Smart people under used.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBrand, history, potential, values, talent. Some really talented individuals throughout the organization but they are under utilized and the people who talk a good job get listened to first. Great team potential but with poor direction this will be wasted

Conspolitics, bad or lack of management decisions, constant churn, very negative place to work. Constant churn through mergers, failed mergers, acquisitions and continual re-organization provides zero stability in the group. Good people either walking out the door or simply going through the motions

Advice to Senior Managementstop putting layers of average people between those with the vision and those with the ability to implement

Incompetent marketing department

ProsDedicated, smart, innovative people. Commitment to work life balance.

ConsMarketing department, which should be incredibly important to the organization, is full of mad max types, unfortunately in positions of power. Since they're not effective, and have big titles, they suck resources from an otherwise worthy organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild new marketing department.

Bottom line focused

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsNYSE Euronext is a growing and diverse company with new products and services being offered that will expand its business and create new opportunities for professional development.

ConsWhile the NYSE Euronext is growing and expanding, some of the legacy bureaucracy still exists and stands in the way of making quick progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean out some of the dead wood

NYSE Euronext is in a shrinking mode.

Managing Director, Technology (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsNYSE Euronext is a truly awesome brand, which can open a lot of doors. There are many opportunities for work abroad.

ConsThe company is shrinking, so if you manage a team, it is difficult to improve your bench, since open reqs are frequently closed with no notice for cost saving.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink more drastically about what you can and cannot do so you can do fewer things better.

Worked for NYSE Euronext? Contribute to the Community!