NYSL Promotions

Updated Jun 4, 2014

Joseph Mannino

Good entry level job

Junior Market Associate (Former Employee) West Caldwell, NJ

ProsIt's an actual entry level position, rather than those "entry level" positions that require 3-5 years of experience. Helps develop skills and how to navigate a professional environment.

If you have a good work ethic, a willingness to put yourself out there, good teamwork skills, and are able to produce, advancement isn't too difficult. However, in my opinion, this company is less of a career option, and more of a simple job meant to boost your resume, give you valuable job experience, pay you, and allow you to move on to another, better job.

ConsHours, commute, work environment is more selfish than altruistic (which is true most places, so it's not a real criticism of the company, but it's still useful information)

The job is also somewhat stressful, but I guess that more or less depends on your individual outlook.

Great Opportunity

Distributor/Leader (Current Employee) West Caldwell, NJ

ProsI've been working for Nysl Promotions for 4 months now , I never imagined that I would advance so quickly ... The growth potential is amazing .. You put in the hard work and you will go far with this company ...There's nothing more enjoyable than walking into a pleasant work environment daily ... My coworkers are awesome and we all support each other ... I love my job and I really love the money Im making ...

ConsMy commute is horrible .. I live very far

Great opportunity- this position has taught me a lot and really opened doors for my future.

ProsI've learned so many valuable skills at NYSl, from communication to team and time management to teaching others. The work environment is fun and energetic, and I'm almost never bored. The management is personal, and really invests itself in its employees' growth and development.

ConsWhen you initially start, there is not as much work-life balance, and there is definitely a learning curve that some people are not willing to work through.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pyramid Scheme

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)

ProsIf you are not college educated and think you have talent in sales, then this is the place for you

ConsIt is very difficult to get promoted, much different than the way it is presented in the interview. Office culture is very cut-throat. There is very little work-life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat employees as disposable and make a more positive and inclusive work culture. Don't allow racism and prejudice to continue

Very dissatisfied

Distributor (Current Employee) West Caldwell, NJ

ProsI learned a lot with this company, became more organized, and learned how to manage my money. I loved my coworkers and really wanted to see them all succeed. This company does an excellent job recruiting!

ConsThe job itself. No one tells you before you accept the job here that its door to door and retail marketing. They just promise "6 Figures within a year" and while you're dizzied by the idea of bettering your life and setting your goals, you're sent to "the field" which would be a large big box home improvement store to harass customers in the store and try and convince them to reface their cabinets. All in all, you're working 60+ hours a week, only to come back to the office and have the CEO threaten to not pay you the hourly rate you were promised. Within the 3 weeks i was employed there, I never saw a dime. This place is a SCAM

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the paperwork you make your employees sign upon hiring.

Promoted with expansion into Long Island

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Deer Park, NY

ProsMore opportunity to travel
    More client / customer interactions
    Hands on product knowledge training
    More potential for personal growth

ConsBecause it's a new location there aren't as many employees as the North Jersey headquarters.
    Ii currently commute from Hoboken which is about an hour to an hour and a half commute but will definitely be relocating..

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some new employees for Long Island!

Couldn't be happier!!

Project Manager (Current Employee) West Caldwell, NJ

Pros*Close-knit work environment. We feel like a big family!
    *Super friendly HR department!
    *Tons of room for growth, especially for those looking to travel
    *Great company if you're looking to get your foot in the door
    *Fun yearly trips! This year we went to Jamaica!
    *Holiday parties in Atlantic City!

Cons*I commute from NY (but it's worth it!!)

Advice to Senior ManagementThis year's Christmas party better be as fun as last years!!

Recently Promoted !!!

Promotional Manager (Current Employee) West Caldwell, NJ

Pros-I'm managing my own territory for the biggest name in the Home Improvement Industry!!
    -BIG pay increase!
    -More (PAID!!) traveling to different territories to network!
    -In charge of my own business
    -Running a team of 25+ guys

Cons-Working longer hours
    -Making sure payroll gets submitted on time!

Advice to Senior ManagementTHANK YOU !!!!! So excited about this opportunity! Can't wait to see how we can work together to continue the future growth of NYSL !!

Professional, Friendly and Efficient!

ProsI was called by Erica Rielly who was both friendly and professional on the phone. I was happy to accept an interview with Joesph who was also very professional, knowledgeable and efficient in his questions. I was hired for the job and have been working for NYSL Promotions and I cannot say enough good things. They are motivators and are always helping their employees strive to succeed! NYSL is perfect for recent college grads who are looking for a career in marketing! I see myself staying with NYSL Promotions long term. I am looking forward to growing with this company!!!

ConsThere are no cons for NYSL promotions at this time.

Awesome Company, Great People!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe Opportunity to grow was the one thing that really locked me in, Being able to own and operate your own business in such a short period of time was the most exciting thing for me. Seeing my team members being promoted right in front of me eyes to run and operate there own businesses in their own territories just motivated me even more to complete the management program. Being surrounded by motivated, young, and energetic people made me excited to wake up and go to work everyday. I also did a lot of traveling with the company as well going to Boston, New York City, Dallas, and Puerto Rico in the last year.

ConsThe only con is that they don't have any coffee in the morning :)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you guys are doing I've learned a ton since I've been working here.

Worked for NYSL Promotions? Contribute to the Community!