NYSL Promotions Reviews

Joseph Mannino

1. great career move

Current Employee - Senior Management in Fairfield, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Management in Fairfield, NJ

I have been working at NYSL Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

fun atmosphere, great team environment, excellent training on various subjects; customer service, marketing and sales, product knowledge, direct marketing, entrepreneurship

I really learn a lot every day at NYSL. It is such a positive environment for growth and learning in the direct marketing field. It is definitely different from any other job I have ever had because it requires a lot of self motivation. Rather then having a boss who is over your shoulder all day, you have to be the one pushing yourself to achieve your goals. This is so important because without the ability to motivate yourself, you probably won't last. They guide you, but they don't force you to do anything you don't want to do. The only requirement is to show up to work every day with a positive attitude and ready to work hard to hit your goals.

Cons

Requires hard work, but if you aren't up for the challenge, you don't have to stay there. It is all about your own motivation and willingness to work hard to achieve your goals. It really teaches you a lot about yourself in a situation where you are your own standard of the position you want in the company. There is no seniority and there is no competition to beat out someone better than you. You are literally your biggest critic and biggest competition.

Advice to Management

More team nights would be great, more training material would also be great for us to take home, also guest speakers are awesome as we always walk away from them with a lot of info

Fun job with a cool opportunity

Former Employee - Account Executive in West Caldwell, NJ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in West Caldwell, NJ

I worked at NYSL Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came to NYSL Promotions after college in search of an opportunity that wasn't your average 9-5 desk job. I hated my current job where I was stuck in a cubicle all day. I wanted to get out and meet more people, work with people face-to-face. NYSL Promotions is an opportunity that does just that. And not only do you get to work in different locations with so many different customers, but you also have the opportunity to become a manager in a short amount of time depending on how quickly you hit goals. I knew I was a highly motivated and driven individual and I could accomplish a lot with all of the freedom the position offered. NO LIMITS was one of the greatest things about this job. I learned so much and gained so much experience from the opportunity.

Cons

It requires effort and dedication, but that is the key to making a lot of money and being successful so I was willing to do whatever it took.

Advice to Management

I think you are running a great business and providing many people with a GREAT opportunity.

entry level

I worked at NYSL Promotions

Pros

Great opportunity and hire quickly. Great training

Cons

You have to do door to door sales. And most of it was straight commission.

Advice to Management

I thought you were pleasant. I think you should tell them straight up that this job does involved door to door and the beginning and not at the second interview.

Dec 19, 2014Owner

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your experience with NYSL Promotions. We apologize you felt mislead or that you were not clearly informed of the opportunity. We are a direct marketing ... More

Unique opportunity, have learned a lot

Current Employee - Account Executive in West Caldwell, NJ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in West Caldwell, NJ

I have been working at NYSL Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great environment
    - Fun team atmosphere
    - No glass ceiling
    - You control your own money making, don't have to worry about waiting to get a raise, you make as much as you want
    - You spend your time representing big name clients and learning so much about them
    - Learn customer service skills and how to effectively communicate

Cons

- Hard work, not a job for the lazy
    - Requires as much time as you want to put in to make as much as you want
    - Need to be self motivated, driven, and willing to work for every dollar you make

Advice to Management

NYSL has really taught me so much from beginning to end. I really think you guys do a great job at training team members about the clients and setting them up to best represent them. You really give all the tools needed for one to succeed, they just need to have the determination.

Horrible Job Experience

Former Employee - Promotions Manager
    Former Employee - Promotions Manager

I worked at NYSL Promotions full-time

Pros

There are really no pros to working here unless you live close to the office.

Cons

Commission based pay and if you don't get a lead on a day then it's minimum wage per hour. Retail marketing and door to door. You have to harass customers in store hoping that throughout the day someone will say yes. It is very hard to move up within the company. I was here for a couple of weeks and never got paid. The company has a big turnover rate, I saw many different employees leave and come in the few days I was there.

Advice to Management

Explain to your employees what they will be doing before making them sign any paperwork.

Sep 15, 2014Owner

Thank you for your feedback on your experience with NYSL Promotions. We are sorry to hear you had a negative experience during your time with us. We are constantly working on making improvements to ... More

Good entry level job

Former Employee - Junior Market Associate in West Caldwell, NJ
    Former Employee - Junior Market Associate in West Caldwell, NJ

I worked at NYSL Promotions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's an actual entry level position, rather than those "entry level" positions that require 3-5 years of experience. Helps develop skills and how to navigate a professional environment.

If you have a good work ethic, a willingness to put yourself out there, good teamwork skills, and are able to produce, advancement isn't too difficult. However, in my opinion, this company is less of a career option, and more of a simple job meant to boost your resume, give you valuable job experience, pay you, and allow you to move on to another, better job.

Cons

Hours, commute, work environment is more selfish than altruistic (which is true most places, so it's not a real criticism of the company, but it's still useful information)

The job is also somewhat stressful, but I guess that more or less depends on your individual outlook.

This company is a scam!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at NYSL Promotions

Pros

The people there are friendly.

Cons

This organization presents itself as a legitimate company looking for candidates to fill a variety of jobs and vacancies for what based, full-time, office based work. This is not true. There is only one office in the suite w an admin. No one else physically works there. Everyone else is direct sales. They have friendly pleasant recruiters who will lie to lure you into the interview.

Advice to Management

Be honest with potential candidates!

Oct 8, 2014Owner

Thank you for your feedback on your experience with NYSL Promotions. We are a direct marketing firm that specializes in product campaign development. We work hard to provide an environment with equal ... More

GROWTH & OPPORTUNITY

I have been working at NYSL Promotions

Pros

I've been working at NYSL Promotions for 3 weeks now and I'm already at leadership... I can't believe that now I have the opportunity to train other people and teach them what I've learned...The money I'm making is great and the people I work with are Awesome ...

Cons

I don't get to spend aot of time with my dogs

Advice to Management

Joe Mannino took a chance on me being a young college and gave me a shot at a job I really like ... Advice lets take more trips to Dallas ...and more road trips ...

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Distributor/Leader in West Caldwell, NJ
    Current Employee - Distributor/Leader in West Caldwell, NJ

I have been working at NYSL Promotions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working for Nysl Promotions for 4 months now , I never imagined that I would advance so quickly ... The growth potential is amazing .. You put in the hard work and you will go far with this company ...There's nothing more enjoyable than walking into a pleasant work environment daily ... My coworkers are awesome and we all support each other ... I love my job and I really love the money Im making ...

Cons

My commute is horrible .. I live very far

Great opportunity- this position has taught me a lot and really opened doors for my future.

I have been working at NYSL Promotions full-time

Pros

I've learned so many valuable skills at NYSl, from communication to team and time management to teaching others. The work environment is fun and energetic, and I'm almost never bored. The management is personal, and really invests itself in its employees' growth and development.

Cons

When you initially start, there is not as much work-life balance, and there is definitely a learning curve that some people are not willing to work through.

NYSL Promotions Photos