NYU Langone Medical Center

NYU Langone Medical Center Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

NYU Langone Medical Center Dean & CEO Robert I. Grossman

Robert I. Grossman

Pros
  • People are nice and friendly to work with(in 7 reviews)

• Great benefits- starts with 4 week vacation, great dental and health care options(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • poor pay relative to cost of living and limited space(in 5 reviews)

• Management and senior management don't appear to be that competent(in 4 reviews)

Good working environment

Graduate Student (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat place to learn. Smart people, excellent colleagues.

ConsAs a graduate student in a NYC research university, NYU Langone pay is not competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementGraduate students are fleeing the academia to go to other paths given the harsh funding environment.

Talented people, snotty attitudes

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Surrounded by talent and great leadership

Cons- Attitude is everything. Sense of entitlement and privilege in middle managers.

Advice to Senior Management- Get off your high horse.

MRI

ProsMost people are willing to help you, changes are always being made to protocols because of new and exciting technology and advances in MRI sequences. There are monthly educational meetings.

ConsThere is open favoritism. The overall atmosphere of the place is drab. The department functions as a factory and there isn't enough consideration for the patient. Employees are overworked because the department is generally understaffed. Management is out of touch and you have to find your own coverage sometimes for planned time off. The place is very disorganized with too many type A personalities that don't know when to back down.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

FGP Assistant

FGP Assistant (Former Employee)

Prosgreat benefits. efficient support for any issues related to tech/software/etc.

Consno mobility for a promotion

Research Assistant

Research Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe atmosphere is conducive to learning and growth within the organization. There were many opportunities to get involved in extra projects and the supervisors were all very helpful in maintaining good relationships and assuring that the work the interns were doing was helpful in their studies.

ConsDue to the large size of the organization and all of the specific protocols for research, there is a time constraint and delay in getting some work accomplished during an internship time period.

A great experience at NYU, it expanded my knowledge of patient care, provided clarity of the various insurance company.

Finance (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat working enviornment, more on the faculty side

ConsChallenges of working here, is not too many open positons, I think that staff should be able to work in different locations at the center within their scope of educaiton and experience

Advice to Senior ManagementWhile they may be complaints it is always good practice to listen to both sides before making a final decision

Great place to work depending on department

ProsNYU offers room for growth

ConsYou are often micro manged

Nice Experience for Entry Level Healthcare Revenue Cycle

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorkers are relatively young and vibrant. Most of them are entering straight out of college.

ConsHas a culture of blame. No initiative when it comes to problem solving. The inexperience can be very frustrating for seasoned professionals who actually want to make a difference and enjoy what they do.

Advice to Senior ManagementSocial promotion should be banned. People should be promoted based on what they know, not on what they are expected to know.

Could be better but, it's a work in progress.

Senior Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPeople are pleasant more of the time.

ConsHours are demanding but manageable but the pay sucks

Disappointing

Development Coordinator (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThe development staff that consisted of prospect research, stewardship and gift processing are extremely helpful.

ConsOverall bad experience with the Senior Planned Giving Officer. It felt very personal. I am not sure what triggered the bad behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide training to senior management on how to manage their staff. Allow support staff to evaluate their supervisors and managers.

Worked for NYU Langone Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!