NYX

Updated July 10, 2014
Updated July 10, 2014
4.0

Jatinder-Bir Sandhu

Great Company to work for!!

I have been working at NYX full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Lot of opportunities for growth as long you are committed. Great enviornment!!

Cons

401K plan needs to be improved to be more attractive.

Please stay involved as you have been for the last 25 years.

Good place to learn for a fresher

Former Employee - Engineer in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Engineer in Livonia, MI

I worked at NYX full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Employees are great to work with , who trains the freshers and make them professionally developed for higher challenges and able to deliver independently.

Cons

As every place , there are politics which influence the growth. And low wages for the staff .

Good salaries for employees according to the market situation and needs.

Good job for beginners.

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Livonia, MI
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Livonia, MI

I worked at NYX full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Provides opportunity to gain experience in various fields of manufacturing industry.

Cons

Heavy workload with less pay.

Review pay scale.

Caring, opportunities, growth for ambitious employees

I have been working at NYX full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are a ambitious person, wants to learn and grow, the company/management has tremendous opportunities. co - workers are another family and very caring.

Cons

401 k plan is not very attractive.

I don't really have much to advice other than to be proactive for employee retention.

Small enough to feel like family, big enough to fight the big guys.

I have been working at NYX full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Our Chairman came to this country with a wife, a baby and $8 in his pocket. This can only happen in the United States of America. His wish is to provide opportunity for all to achieve the American Dream. This does not mean it will be handed to anyone, but it stands behind every decision he and the family make.

“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door." The enscription on the Statue of Liberty does not mean we settle for sub par, but rather we give opportunity to all that yearn for something better. This truely embodies NYX.

Many of the Senior Leaders began at the company at entry level positions. The head of operations began as a GP-12 Inspector.

The company sits on the precipice of becoming a major player in the industry and if you have talent and ambition, the possibilities are limitless.

It's cool to be able to outperform competitors with less resources that are more talented.

The health insurance plan far exceeds similar companies.

Cons

Fringe benefits need to return to pre-2008 standards. The 401K match is below average and the paid holidays do not compete with other automotive suppliers.

Do not squander the opportunity. This is a company of like minded people that believe in the purpose. Growth through M&A's can cause this magic to dissipate. Insure that key people have no reason to listen to the inevitable calls from other suitors.

Lots of growth opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at NYX full-time

Pros

The company has grown considerably over the last few years and recently recognized in Crain's as one of the fastest growing companies in all of Michigan. That sort of growth has led to a lot of promotions for many of my coworkers. Good culture and atmosphere. Not much office politics which is refreshing.

Cons

The Michigan weather has been an adjustment.

Keep doing what you are doing. Please continue to add ore training programs for internal development. All of the employees I talk to really appreciate it.

NYX Response

Jan 14, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your input! We can't control the Michigan weather, but we do have an extensive and ever-developing training calendar. We opened a new facility in 2013--the NYX Learning Center with classes ... More

People Matter Here.

Current Employee - Corporate in Livonia, MI

I have been working at NYX full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The corporate culture is one of respect. Chain Sandhu is accessible to all employees, and talks to everyone. He takes motivating us very seriously. He started this company from the ground up, has built it with a family atmosphere, Chain and Jay are true stewards of the business.
    NYX is flexible about family-life work balance, which is very important. They recognize that we have lives and families outside of work. It is one of the things that makes coming to work a pleasant experience.
    Benefits are affordable and the management asks for employee feedback and input to develop and change the insurances as necessary.

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult to navigate cultural and language differences, even if it is one of the nice things about NYX. It takes some getting used to, but if you are open-minded, it is a great experience.

Keep talking to the people. Develop more job opportunities through apprenticeships. Our talent is already here.

NYX Response

Jan 14, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and your suggestions. We are planning on continuing with focus groups for real-time feedback on different issues.

We are implementing an apprenticeship program this
    ... More

Best Place to work - NYX

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

I have been working at NYX full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Attitude, Culture, Exceptionally Good Management and policies, In house training, Good growth opportunities, Friendly working environment.

Cons

None I found as yet. Everything is very positive about NYX.

Keep up the good work- You did a good job of steering company successfully during the recession.

NYX is a wonderful company to work for!

I have been working at NYX full-time (more than an year)

Pros

No micro-managing. Lots of very smart motivated employees. Treated exceptionally well by all co-workers. Owners take an active role in genuinely thanking people for their efforts and offering encouragement to perform at a high level. This is a very easy company to work for.

Cons

It took a while to adjust to the culture. Once you get to know the people, they are wonderful human beings!!!

Communicate. Communicate. Communicate. There is a tremendous yearning to learn and know more about how the company is performing, future opportunities and challenges, and objectives for the future.

Fast Growing Company with Good Opportunities for Advancement

I have been working at NYX full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company was recently noted in Crain's Detroit Business magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in Michigan, in 2013. The company's owners place emphasis on safety, quality, teamwork and interpersonal relationships. I appreciate the culture and work atmosphere which is flexible and amenable to new and creative ideas. There are several opportunities for advancement for those who demonstrate the ability and interest in advancing their careers.

Cons

Better systems capabilities would be an improvement, however adequate for the current needs.

Focus priorities on people development including promotional as well as lateral development.