NYX

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jatinder-Bir Sandhu

Great Company to work for!!

ProsLot of opportunities for growth as long you are committed. Great enviornment!!

Cons401K plan needs to be improved to be more attractive.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease stay involved as you have been for the last 25 years.

Good place to learn for a fresher

Engineer (Former Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsEmployees are great to work with , who trains the freshers and make them professionally developed for higher challenges and able to deliver independently.

ConsAs every place , there are politics which influence the growth. And low wages for the staff .

Advice to Senior ManagementGood salaries for employees according to the market situation and needs.

Caring, opportunities, growth for ambitious employees

ProsIf you are a ambitious person, wants to learn and grow, the company/management has tremendous opportunities. co - workers are another family and very caring.

Cons401 k plan is not very attractive.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't really have much to advice other than to be proactive for employee retention.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good job for beginners.

Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsProvides opportunity to gain experience in various fields of manufacturing industry.

ConsHeavy workload with less pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview pay scale.

Small enough to feel like family, big enough to fight the big guys.

(Current Employee)

ProsOur Chairman came to this country with a wife, a baby and $8 in his pocket. This can only happen in the United States of America. His wish is to provide opportunity for all to achieve the American Dream. This does not mean it will be handed to anyone, but it stands behind every decision he and the family make.

“Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door." The enscription on the Statue of Liberty does not mean we settle for sub par, but rather we give opportunity to all that yearn for something better. This truely embodies NYX.

Many of the Senior Leaders began at the company at entry level positions. The head of operations began as a GP-12 Inspector.

The company sits on the precipice of becoming a major player in the industry and if you have talent and ambition, the possibilities are limitless.

It's cool to be able to outperform competitors with less resources that are more talented.

The health insurance plan far exceeds similar companies.

ConsFringe benefits need to return to pre-2008 standards. The 401K match is below average and the paid holidays do not compete with other automotive suppliers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not squander the opportunity. This is a company of like minded people that believe in the purpose. Growth through M&A's can cause this magic to dissipate. Insure that key people have no reason to listen to the inevitable calls from other suitors.

Lots of growth opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsThe company has grown considerably over the last few years and recently recognized in Crain's as one of the fastest growing companies in all of Michigan. That sort of growth has led to a lot of promotions for many of my coworkers. Good culture and atmosphere. Not much office politics which is refreshing.

ConsThe Michigan weather has been an adjustment.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. Please continue to add ore training programs for internal development. All of the employees I talk to really appreciate it.

NYX Director of Human Resources responded to this review

Jan 14, 2014

Thanks for your input! We can't control the Michigan weather, but we do have an extensive and ever-developing training calendar. We opened a new facility in 2013--the NYX Learning Center with classes ... More

People Matter Here.

Corporate (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsThe corporate culture is one of respect. Chain Sandhu is accessible to all employees, and talks to everyone. He takes motivating us very seriously. He started this company from the ground up, has built it with a family atmosphere, Chain and Jay are true stewards of the business.
    NYX is flexible about family-life work balance, which is very important. They recognize that we have lives and families outside of work. It is one of the things that makes coming to work a pleasant experience.
    Benefits are affordable and the management asks for employee feedback and input to develop and change the insurances as necessary.

ConsSometimes it can be difficult to navigate cultural and language differences, even if it is one of the nice things about NYX. It takes some getting used to, but if you are open-minded, it is a great experience.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep talking to the people. Develop more job opportunities through apprenticeships. Our talent is already here.

NYX Director of Human Resources responded to this review

Jan 14, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and your suggestions. We are planning on continuing with focus groups for real-time feedback on different issues.

We are implementing an apprenticeship program this
    ... More

Best Place to work - NYX

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsAttitude, Culture, Exceptionally Good Management and policies, In house training, Good growth opportunities, Friendly working environment.

ConsNone I found as yet. Everything is very positive about NYX.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work- You did a good job of steering company successfully during the recession.

NYX is a wonderful company to work for!

Corporate (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsNo micro-managing. Lots of very smart motivated employees. Treated exceptionally well by all co-workers. Owners take an active role in genuinely thanking people for their efforts and offering encouragement to perform at a high level. This is a very easy company to work for.

ConsIt took a while to adjust to the culture. Once you get to know the people, they are wonderful human beings!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate. Communicate. Communicate. There is a tremendous yearning to learn and know more about how the company is performing, future opportunities and challenges, and objectives for the future.

Fast Growing Company with Good Opportunities for Advancement

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Livonia, MI

ProsThe company was recently noted in Crain's Detroit Business magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in Michigan, in 2013. The company's owners place emphasis on safety, quality, teamwork and interpersonal relationships. I appreciate the culture and work atmosphere which is flexible and amenable to new and creative ideas. There are several opportunities for advancement for those who demonstrate the ability and interest in advancing their careers.

ConsBetter systems capabilities would be an improvement, however adequate for the current needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus priorities on people development including promotional as well as lateral development.

Worked for NYX? Contribute to the Community!