Nabors Industries

Nabors Industries President & CEO Anthony G. Petrello

Anthony G. Petrello

Still Learning the Structure of company

I have been working at Nabors Industries full-time

ProsGood Work, in a big city

ConsPoor Benefits, and Poor Bonuses

HelpDesk

Help Desk (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Nabors Industries full-time for more than a year

ProsGood start up place to work they hire monkeys as long as they can pick up the phone.

ConsThey micro manage, they are clock watchers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your high horse.

Five Star employee

Vacuum Truck Driver (Current Employee)
Nacogdoches, TX

I have been working at Nabors Industries full-time for more than a year

ProsThe pay is good. Company provides good benefits.

ConsYou have to work 18 months before eligible for a vacation.

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize people need a vacation sooner than 18 months.

Overall Good

Directional Driller (Former Employee)
Williston, ND

I worked at Nabors Industries full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompany pays every 2 weeks good benefits, 401K, work is scattered throughout US

ConsWork is scattered throughout US you can be working in North Dakota and then be sent to Laredo TX. Communication between office and field employees is bad. Equipment is older and needs updating.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore communications with those providing service.

Potentially a great company to work for.

I have been working at Nabors Industries

ProsFlexibility with work hours as long as you get your 8 hours a day/40 a week
Great people that are interesting to work with
Several departments and entities to work for

ConsUpper management does not communicate well with others
IT department lacks efficiency and has an online "ticket" system which often results in weeks going by before a problem being addressed - even if the problem is time-sensitive

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees to improve morale and team atmosphere
IT department needs new procedures and less control of system processes

A place where the loudest voice prevails

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Nabors Industries

ProsIf you want a job where you can just do what is required and nothing more, this is the company you need to go to which is not necessarily a bad thing depending on what you want out of life. The file and rank employees are very nice and helpful along with most of the middle management. No one really rocks the boat since everyone is pretty much satisfied with where they are and are just waiting for retirement or a better job opportunity to come along. Would definitely recommend to someone who is a few short years from retirement and does not want much change.

ConsMiddle management is a mix of characters. Before I started working there people warned me that the voice of reason doesn't usually prevail and typically it is more of who throws the biggest fit that gets their way, regardless of metrics trying to be reached. If you enjoy getting into screaming matches to get your point across, then this is the place for you. For those that would rather do their work and try to improve processes or increase their technical capabilities, look elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementFrom what I understand, the culture of screaming to get others to get behind your idea comes from the top. It isn't so much the fighting for your ideas to come across that I have a problem with but that some in the organization will not stop trying to get their ideas across even after they realize they are in the wrong. Management has a right to run their organization as they see fit, this review is more to warn others looking into opportunities at Nabors of what to expect.

The majority of reviews that describe the job as mediocre job or a company that's pretty much "just there" are accurate.

Treasury Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Nabors Industries

Pros- Salary is somewhat reasonable for responsibilities given
- Company makes significant efforts to be very tax efficient
- There are some incredibly talented people there (and there's some others there that get moved up just to fill the void when the really talented people above them leave)

If you are unemployed (need a job) or just out of school, it may be a good place to start and develop some skills (if you can force them to provide the professional development). On the other hand, it is NOT be an ideal company to switch to if your current work environment is somewhat satisfactory or even tolerable.

Cons- Location (Greenspoint) for a corporate office is horrible
- Benefits aren't all that spectacular or even remotely worthwhile
- Treasury was small group with erratic attitudes, minimal communication skills and high turnover (6+ different people changed at the lower levels of a 5 person department in less than 9 months)
- Limited face-to-face interaction with group for such a whole and a some petty politics exercised by upper members which has led to the high turnover

Advice to Senior ManagementIf so many people are leaving or being forced to leave, it's not them, it's you. Some worker bees should not be queen bees and it's pretty cowardly to avoid addressing that issue because the department is so lean. Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, especially if it isn't warranted.

Nabors has a good salary, but HORRIBLE benefits.

Software Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nabors Industries

ProsThe salary is good and the people I work with are very nice. The atmosphere is also positive and it's close commute to work.

ConsMy complaint is the Nabors IT who is a dictator of controlling your computer, not allowing you to install anything even printer drivers. But the worse complaint of all is the benefits. It's nowhere close to being as good as the benefits offered by all the other oil companies. Also, their benefits department is extremely stuck up. Since they're the main contacts for benefits, they assume everyone will bow down to them and beg them for services. It's actually pretty sickening in my opinion. The amount of vacation days you can accumulate here is pretty pathetic too. All the other companies I've seen lets you accumulate up to 6-8 weeks vacation. At Nabors the most you can accumulate is 4 weeks. You can work here for 30 years and the most vacation days you will ever get is 4 weeks. Anadarko Petroleum STARTS you off with 4 weeks vacation. This is how pathetic Nabors is compared to alot of oil companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want a prosperous business, you should first focus on your employess. Without them, you wouldn't have someone to run the business. So if you want better feedback, please start looking in better improving your benefits as well as reorganizing your benefits department.

I worked for Nabors for over 7 yrs in three different business units.

Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Nabors Industries

ProsIt is a stable and established company. I really enjoyed the people that I worked with. I got a lot of experience and learned lots of new things. Also, I got nice year end bonuses.

ConsI thought that the cost of the benifits we too exspensive for the size of the company. The medical insurance was not worth the bother. The do not promote from within within the same department. May too much office politics!! Tution reimbursement is also nice.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really should survey the employees on benifits and get better insurance. You should promote from within instead of hiring outsiders. Employees work hard for you. They should not have to work for Nabors and have to move on to another company for advancement. You lose good employees that way.

We had reviews every year that were done by your superiors. Your input was usually very well received.

Senior Accountant (Former Employee)

I worked at Nabors Industries

ProsI really enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. I felt like I really had a voice. My supervisor cared about my concerns and was willing to make things better.

ConsToo many politics
Not willing to work with you regarding your schedule.
The benefits!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees!
Update benefits packages not worth wasting your money on
No preventive care is available
Not a place where

Worked for Nabors Industries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nabors Industries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nabors Industries CEO Anthony G. Petrello. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Nabors Industries employees.