Nabors Industries

Nabors Industries President & CEO Anthony G. Petrello

Anthony G. Petrello

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bakersfield, CA

ProsCompany is headed in the right direction. They offer good benefits and competitive pay.

ConsTechnology offered to office administration is seriously behind the times; staff need more opportunities to interface with management.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget about your team.

Needs to Improve (Former PM in IT)

IT Project Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsI feel the pay is good. Apart from that nothing much

ConsProject management is lacking. A strong PM group is required to execute the projects and see through completion
    No leadership, all the directors etc, have no decision making power. CIO makes all the decisions from goal setting, to project management to bonus assignment
    Office culture is nepotism
    Respect is lacking for the employees
    All projects are behind schedule as projects are not planned , they start off with no foresight
    No career growth, which has made me leave the company (even though the pay was not bad)
    Benefits are not on market par. 2 Weeks vacation is not an incentive at all

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease make sure that all the power is equally distributed among top personnel. Trust issues should be resolved. Take care of your employees

IT Department Affecting Nabors Potential

ProsSlow pace, no weekend work.

ConsThe IT Department is behind the times. The CIO is a classic work bully, always threatening to fire anyone around him. Career progression depends if you're in the CIO's good graces that day. Managers and Directors have no power or say over their team members. Turnover is out of control.

Advice to Senior ManagementSeveral years of trying to transform the IT department have failed. It's time for a new CIO who is willing to embrace change.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dysfunctional IT department (current director)

Director (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNot that I can think of at this time. May be a few good employees, but they are leaving too!

Cons1. No one takes responsibility, and everyone passes blame. Lot of finger pointing from top down
    2. Only the top management gets recognition or can make decisions, and team members never feel valued or appreciated. Entire IT lacks direction
    3. No one is truly honest with each other. Micro management is the normal
    4. Most managers/team leads don't have skills, but hired/promoted as they are close to the CIO, and they control IT functions largely.
    5. Customers are treated with no care, and are provided work around, instead of solutions

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take care of your employees, who are the most valuable customers of your business. Take care of the whole situation and rectify this, before too late

Not A Veteran friendly company.

Buyer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe pay checks don't bounce yet. Not much else is good about this place. Don't expect any form of advancement.

ConsThis company hates veterans but loves snot nosed collage kids. Hey serving your country in a time of war is for chumps you should have gone to college instead.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop paying out 50 million in bourses to the CEO.

IT management needs a re-boot. A total overhaul

Team Lead (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood people still there, which is good for the company

ConsIT management from top level is all messy. No one has talent. Some managers are hired by CIO, who are close to him. The CIO is a micro manager, and thinks he know all. When infact he is a bottleneck for all the projects. He promotes people who he wants, no talent acquistion. Some good people have left due to all this politics. No proper structure is present. All the bonus, goals etc are also decided by the fancy of CIO

Advice to Senior Managementplease get rid of the present CIO and bring in a new CIO. Tony Petrello needs to pay attention to what all the CIO is doing at this point and make major changes if he wants this department to do good.

Good for a short time

HSE (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe people around you are great but the management structure is unclear and you may be asked to perform tasks for other groups. Great water breaks where you can actually get to know your fellow workers.

ConsWorking in HSE is very difficult and you may be asked to look the other way. The only workers that know anything about HSE are the field workers. HSE management is only concerned with how much money you are saving me and what reports can you give me today. Don't trust management from the VP down. Leadership is a big issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementActually hire employees with experience in HSE. Money should not be an issue in HSE.

Very Undesirable Employer

Purchasing (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsHQ Location is north of downtown Houston. Easy commute if you live in the north suburbs.

ConsPoor pay. Employees are surprised to learn there's no such thing as regular pay raises. Once you're hired you may not get a raise for 5 years. In general, employees are considered bought, paid-for, and easily disposable. Another BIG minus: Nabors' health insurance is the worst I've ever encountered. The benefits are absolutely terrible compared to ANY other company I've seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop paying the CEO over $50 million a year and try paying regular employees a decent salary. You won't have such high turnover.

IT Management is a disaster

IT Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsNothing is good with this company and IT department.

ConsThe IT Managment is very bad. No growth and no improvements. Manged very poorly and the mangement does not want to change anyting. There are few IT Mangers who are inexperienced and they control the entire IT. Those group of managers are close to CIO and does not allow any new employee to grow.They have several custom applications that are very poorly developed and they spend millions of dollars to maintain it.

Buyer

Buyer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThis is a friendly work environment where everyone is treated in a fair manor that is in line with the companies code of acceptable conduct. They practice what they preach so to say.

ConsThe pay on the lower end for a buyer position in the oil and gas industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time.

Worked for Nabors Industries? Contribute to the Community!