Nakisa Reviews

Reset
4.0
Nakisa President and CEO Babak Varjavandi
Babak Varjavandi

Pros
  • The location is very convenient (downtown Montreal) (in 5 reviews)

• Free breakfast and coffee everyday (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing, so employees need to adapt (in 3 reviews)

• Upper management is not pleasant (in 4 reviews)

1. Quality Assurance Specialist

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Specialist in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Nakisa (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company. begiiner it is a nice company

Cons

Dont have work from home option

Nakisa Response

Aug 20, 2015

Thank you for your comments. We welcome feedback as we are constantly trying to improve how we do things.

2. Nice People and Good Work Culture

Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Consultant in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time

Pros

Located in Downtown. Nice People doing amazing work in HCM and Financial Area. Product is amazing and lot to learn.

Cons

Nothing at this point of time.

Heart of downtown - Challenging and fun at the same time

Current Employee - Anonymous in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time

Pros

Recently, there have been some positive changes including the hiring of many experienced and talented people to help the company stay on the right path toward success. Everyone is working hard to create differentiated and quality products for the clients and we do it well. The company culture and the people's experience brought to the table help very much to achieve this. Sometimes, I can't believe the amount of bright people that work here. When it comes to employee satisfaction, there is a lot of headway in the last 6 months I can't deny that location is amazing. Employees are kept more in the loop in terms of company vision and strategy than ever before. There are frequent company wide meetings, company updates, emails etc

Cons

From my perspective, I can't complain. The company is growing, so employees need to adapt. If you're someone that doesn't adapt well to change, it could be more difficult. Every company has room to improve, it's just a matter of time and resources.

Advice to Management

I think we're going in the right direction.

Great people, challenging work, lots of growth opportunity

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has some of the best people I have ever worked with. It's like a "mini-UN" -- people come from all walks of life, different backgrounds, and different points. This definitely adds to the innovative and creative culture of the company. All teams work well together and everyone is always willing to help each other. Collaboration is definitely a strong point here. The work is always changing, and it keeps you on your toes. Being a small company, you have the chance to get involved in many different initiatives that are outside of your typical job description. This really helps you in discovering your own strengths and interests and also build new marketable skills to put on your CV for the future. Nakisa is also quite open to your personal growth and aligning your goals with the company goals. In times of growth, management is very good at recruiting internally first. As long as you make yourself clear of your interests, and where you think you can add value, management is very open to change your role to fit your satisfaction. You get unlimited sick days a year. Your health and well-being is taken care of quite well. They're pretty good at accepting your request for time off, unless there is some dire need for you to be in during the time you requested. I have never been rejected for taking a vacation when I wanted

Cons

-Benefits are quite expensive for what is included in the package -Cubicles, though they are roomy, suck! Wish we could have an open-concept space -Not a big Work-From-Home culture - should be measured on the work you complete and its quality, not where you're working from... -no RRSP plan

Advice to Management

Can we look into other companies and plans for our benefits? I've previously had plans with way better coverage that cost about the same as what we pay for ours. Be greener - lower our carbon footprint! for example...let's ask our cleaning staff to recycle our recycling bins...not just throw it in the same garbage bin as the actual garbage! Also, there are other small benefits like transit cost sharing (50-50 on employees' transit pass costs). Many employees transit in, and this is a huge cost for them in a year. It would also encourage more employees to take transit, contributing to a lower company carbon footprint! Give back to the community. Initiate relief fund collections for disasters, organize team building activities that include some sort of volunteering Brighten up the office...the dark paint colors are not conducive to productivity!

6. This is a great place to work and that is why I am here.

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• Great colleague, lots of recruiting efforts goes into finding them. • Team spirit and friendly work culture • Interesting and challenging projects; see list of customers • Great products to work on • Great office spaces and location • Lots of room to grow, lots of vertical and lateral movements, employees are given the chance to move to new positions or new departments • Growth, opportunity • Kitchen and breakfast • Occasional movies in the private theater

Cons

Cons: Usual growing pains, have to adapt to changes

7. Great place to work at

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy to access, downtown Montreal, great people, cool benefits. If you like not seeing the day go by like me, well this is the place, always something to do.

Cons

I don't really see any Cons for now.

Advice to Management

More benefits...

8. ..3 years now and ....still happy.

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People are very friendly, most of them are easy to work with. Mostly young people, open minded, lot of fun. If you work hard you may get promoted. Good location, closed to the train. Free breakfast, including: fruits, milk, cereals, butter, jam, juice, bagels etc. Salary: fair. Sick days: unlimited, if you don't abuse.

Cons

Insurance cost a bit high.

Great place to work

I have been working at Nakisa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

lots career opportunities great learning opportunities friendly culture everyday breakfast

Cons

company gorwing fast and at time deadlines are tight

Advice to Management

dont have one

10. So far so good

Current Employee - Software Developer II in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Developer II in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

- Oppurtunity to learn - Oppurtunity to grow - Reasonable pay - Friendly management - Indoor games (table tennis, pool table etc) - Good experienced top management in the field around CEOs - Casual dress code (even shorts do)

Cons

- Unpaid extra hours - No job security - Pricey unworthy health benefits (around 5% of your pay and only covers around 70%) - No retirement plan

Advice to Management

- Trust your employess and try to retain key people (you a re in HCM business, God dammit!) - Go more transparent with your employess - Stick to your long term planning - Let employee feel they worke hard (lets just share 10% of your pure income among employees but not theone in senior mangement) - For God sake don't server pizza in company wide lunch meetings :)

So far, so good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Pros

It’s been less than a year since I joined Nakisa. I want to write a comment because when I was offered the job I looked at the past glassdoor comments before giving my final answer. I was surprised with what I read as it was not the feeling I had during my recruitment process with all the people I met. In the end, I went with my gut feeling and decided to join Nakisa. It was the right decision as the position and the culture of the company was what I expected.

Cons

It is a growing company right now so it is obvious that there are areas of improvement and processes to be put in place. It is the choice of each employee. Do you want to work in a big structure where everything is defined and your responsibilities are limited? Or do you prefer to work in a smaller and growing company where you can bring ideas on the table, be innovative, improve your work each day and put processes in place? So far, I have enjoyed my experience at Nakisa. I am working with a lot of smart people and within a multicultural environment. The client base is impressive, I believe in the products and in the HR industry market.

RSS Feed </> Embed