Nanosolar

Eugenia Corrales

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Hard working employees

San Jose, CA

ProsHard working employees who put their all in trying to save the company at the end. Last product was excellent. Great work life balance. Compensation was comparable to similar opportunities. When doing the lay off - they were very fair and considerate of employees.

ConsCompany Dissolved - last product was excellent - why didn't they think of it sooner?

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should have brought in final CEO earlier (Karl)! He had excellent leadership and vision and was working very hard to get the company sold.

Fast paced and challenging

Vice President Operations and Engineering (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsSmall and nimble company in green tech

ConsSolar industry in the US cannot compete with China

Great company, technology and culture.

San Jose, CA

ProsGreat technology and people all around. Good career opportunities. Company discounted meals, dinks, free coffee. Very optimistic about their product. Plenty of parking space.

ConsPrevious management had it all together and we were doing just fine. But when new CEO cut off executive heads starting from key managers and engineers the wheels started moving to extinction.- Unhappy scientists and key manufacturing personnel were forced to work insane hours by new micro-management, consequently starting an exodus of know-how talent. Poor or non existent employee retention program. What killed this company at the end were new hires that didn't know how to do the job and they hired other high salaried staff to cover up for them (too many unexperienced chiefs not enough dedicated Indians). All top management contributed to an snow ball effect creating mistakes that they couldn't fix.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo investors.- If cuts were necessary, it should have been done "intelligently and with surgical precision". Not simply hiring a retired CEO means success, you need to monitored his actions and considered long term consequences.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice Employees

San Jose, CA

ProsThe employees were nice to work with. Open work environment - No offices. New CEO was awesome to work with - he really brought our technology up a notch. The company was very collaborative in their work environment.

ConsCompany cost too much to run each month and so our product was too expensive. Some employees seemed to not understand confidentiality.

Nanosolar, Inc.

San Jose, CA

ProsCould be low cost CIGS PV producer. Needs funding now, but they are working on it.

ConsInnovative technology but still attempting to make it cost viable.

Advice to Senior ManagementPartner with someone with deep pockets and patience.

Sharpen your negotiation Skills, Explore all Your Options.

Software Development Engineer (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsGood opportunity to learn new technological paradigms at least from a software standpoint.
    Some people are really really smart and know what they are doing
    Very Open Culture within the Team and Company

ConsSalary Practices & Employee retention Policy
    Not a typical start-up environment , missing Enthusiasm
    Lack of strategical alignment amongst different teams, things are not very clearly focused on a single Goal.
    Missing a real technical person who can bridge the best in Manufacturing practices with that in Software.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployee Retention policy needs a major overhaul.It costs more in Recruitment and re-training as compared to giving employees market competitive salary.

frenetic

San Jose, CA

ProsNS is a great place to work if you're looking for:
    - start-up environment
    - world class teams
    - incredible innovation
    - flat hierarchy

Cons- New leadership is focused on execution over innovation.
    - Many of the employee benefits are gone.
    - Very high time requirements, long hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep innovating, and remember to appreciate the employees that developed this world class technology that we're now using and selling.

Worked for Nanosolar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nanosolar reviews and ratings in San Jose, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Nanosolar CEO Eugenia Corrales. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Nanosolar employees.