Napa Valley College

Napa Valley College Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mostly positive with some difficult communication.

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee)
    Napa, CA

ProsSmall college where you can get to know your students well and work with them.

ConsCommunication from anyone other than your direct supervisor are limited.

The greatest experience of my life

Learning Resources Assistant (Former Employee)
    Napa, CA

ProsThe staff are helpful and do not mind teaching others the job. I acquired many skills and have advanced my career.. I received encouragement to do things better and strive to make great changes. Positive work environment, very professional atmosphere and friendly coworkers..

ConsTemporary jobs are subject to budget cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Disillusioned Adjunct Faculty

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee)

ProsIt is a small campus, generally attractive other than the new construction. Small departments mean you get to know other faculty members well. Programs are apparently well run, and the politics of the academy are not as vicious as other colleges where I have taught.

ConsAdjunct are second-class citizens. Benefits are limited, and do NOT ask about them to senior management.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have 100 FT instructors and 200 PT instructors; recognize that you cannot exist without the strength, experience, and enthusiasm of PT faculty by treating them with respect, better pay, and improved employment opportunities. Establish seniority among the adjunct faculty to reward the loyalty many of them show the college. Do not tout claims of growth in FT hires when you fail to mention they were offset by retirements.

Worked for Napa Valley College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Napa Valley College reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Napa Valley College employees.