Napoleon Perdis

Updated August 13, 2014
Updated August 13, 2014

2.5

Napoleon Perdis

I Loved the product line, one of the best and was fabulous to work with not only for myself but customers.

Former Employee - Sales & Education Executive

Pros

My immediate mentor was very supportive, great manager. I was able to emulate her professionalism in working with other peers and other managers. She was trustworthy and insightful when it came to business and events. The product was superior as well as the packaging. When I needed time off they were very gracious and though their benefits were through the roof for premiums they had a great health care provider and 401k.

Cons

There was no room for growth within the US as we were told over and over in our managers meetings. As a Sales Executive for Napoleon it was very challenging to sell a product with very stiff competition with little marketing from the Company itself. It was sad when they decided to go in another direction and laid us all off.

Sales and Education Executive

Former Employee - Sales & Education Executive  in  Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Sales & Education Executive in Hollywood, CA

Pros

Amazing products. Great pay. Good benefits.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this company.

Corporate Sweatshop

Pros

Really amazing colleagues and a good opportunity to learn about business in general.

Cons

Long hours, shady business practices, executives suck, high turnover rate, and an environment that constantly makes you aware that you can and will be replaced. While you can learn a lot about modern business practices and the makeup industry, working for this company is really just a waste of time and patience.

Treat your employees with respect and actually take the time to train them properly.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overly Demanding, Stressful, Not Worth It

Former Employee - Sales & Education Executive

Pros

I can't think of too many good reasons if you have experience with other prestige lines in the Beauty Industry. But if you get in good with upper management, they MIGHT promote you after a year or so. But I've watched several others that have been with the company for a while get the opportunity to take up more responsibility and not.get paid for it.

Cons

Like most other lines, there's lots of politics, which is kind of expected. They expect a lot of you, and don't want to pay you or treat you with respect. Majority of management is very judgemental, childish and uneducated. Makes it hard to work for someone that treats you like a child, is unqualified for their position and doesn't respect you as a human being. I've watched managers talk about employees, only dictate what needs to be done, but do nothing themselves and also snap a several employees in public (including swearing, belittling and pointing).

If you want to have a successful company in the US, learn how to treat your employees as your most valued asset. The culture of your company is a lawsuit waiting to happen. There are many disgruntled employees (former and current) that are very bitter and unhappy with the way you do business. Ultimately, this is slandering.your name to the public, that if anything, needs to hear more good than bad.

In three words, A RIDICULOUS company.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Hollywood, CA

Pros

Experience working in a makeup related company, being around some level of glamour, exposure to different areas of the brand marketing and development, pay is okay for the positions.

Cons

Napoleon himself is a HUGE problem. The HR is a huge problem, nobody seems happy, your job hangs on little things like not placing a doily under a teacup when serving it. Napoleon (the actual man) finds small reasons to fire girls left and right, they have a huge turnover. Most agencies won't even work with this company because of him and the way he runs his company. He is not all he hypes himself up to be.

Be clear about what you want, communicate, treat candidates with respect, run your business like a business, inform Napoleon of his lack of education in hiring and workers he "likes", be more organized on the stock and inter-office forefront, stop hiring rude people, don't act like the company is as big as you'd like it to be yet, I can assure you it is VERY unknown in the U.S. You're still getting started....

Worked for Napoleon Perdis? Contribute to the Community!