Nash-Finch

Add Photos

Nash-Finch President, CEO, and Director Alec C. Covington

Alec C. Covington

Great 7 year run.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCompany needed help and I delivered results

ConsChallenging Industry whereby the wholesale class of trade is shrinking by 3% each year.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow retail. Look at other classes of trade you can supply as a wholesaler.

You're just a number!

Order Selector (Current Employee) Norfolk, VA

ProsThe pay is kind of decent. They try to have company events to make the employees feel appreciated. The benefit package is pretty impressive.

ConsSupervisors don't respect employees. Insurance premiums are too high. Raises haven't been given in over five years. Senior management is severely incompetent. The company is not concerned about a work/life balance. Need I say more?

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees better, and they will become more productive.

Great

ProsBenefits, Pay, Environment, Culture, People

ConsNone, None, None, None, None

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good learning experience. The company gave me the opportunity to learn new systems and methods.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company used scanned to load, directed put aways, and it was my experience with AS400.

ConsAs with most grocery distribution centers, selection and loading was performed on 2nd and 3rd shifts.

Dysfunctional at best! Too many senior team members were clueless!

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGood working environment - most people are friendly and want to help......too many scatterbrains in leadership roles

ConsToo many dull tools in the shed

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow a pair and be honest with us

Welcoming

ProsAbility to work from home

ConsCompany is going through merger

My time at Nash Finch

Category Manager (Former Employee) Edina, MN

ProsGood schedule flexibility, but you will have more work than you can handle.

ConsMassive workloads, poor technology, massive in-fighting.

Advice to Senior ManagementFair

Nightmare on elm street.

ProsFast paced work environment, good internal people who want to perform their best and service their customers at the highest level.

ConsWorking at Nash is like being a duck at a carnival shooting gallery or a bad fairy tale. Your fate gets decided by a couple of people sitting in their castle based on an opinion they build of you, whether its personal or physical. There is a gap between reality and factuality.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some VP's with backbone who will tell you what you need to hear, not want you want to hear. People in leadership roles have become puppets to those above them and it all started at the corperate level.

Inconsistent

Director (Former Employee)

ProsFast paced, daily challenges keep things exciting. Good folks at the Division levels to work with. Always a few jerks, but mainly good people. Need to focus on being more transparent at the corporate level. Not enough time spent by the operations Sr. Leaders out in each division.

ConsPoor support from senior management team. Too quick to make opinions without having all the facts or even taking the time to research them.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire VP's with some backbone that will stand up for themselves and those working under them.

Totally incompetent management

Stocker (Former Employee)

ProsFlexibility with hours if needed. Fast pace; work is rarely boring.

ConsTerrible management. They do not care about their workers or customers, management just cares about climbing the corporate ladder. Employees are very understaffed (due to high turnover rate) and underpaid for the amount of work that they do.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees ideas and concerns for once.

Worked for Nash-Finch? Contribute to the Community!