Nashville General Hospital at Meharry

Add Photos

Caring for the underserved

Nashville, TN

I have been working at Nashville General Hospital at Meharry

ProsThe population we provide care for.

ConsUnresponsive management and under funding

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more proactive to feedback and suggestions from staff.

Poorly run hospital

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Nashville General Hospital at Meharry full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay is decent but below market. Benefits are pretty good. Clinical staff honestly care about the patients. Many of the workers are great to work with.

ConsExecutives have absolutely no clue how to run the hospital. It is the blind leading the blind. One of the worst run places I have ever worked. It is a highly political environment. Workers want to do the right thing, but executives have no clue how to lead them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe CEO needs to go immediately. Executive management needs to be replaced with competent staff. Upper management needs to get out of their office and talk to their employees. They have no clue what is happening inside the hospital.

Registered Nurse/ICU

Nashville, TN

I have been working at Nashville General Hospital at Meharry full-time for more than 5 years

ProsPhysicians are wonderful. Nurses learn from their teaching.

ConsManager is horrible. A few mean nurses that management supports 100%.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed new management. Crooked and unethical leadership.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's been a good experience working for NGH, it has allowed me to grow as a professional nurse.

I have been working at Nashville General Hospital at Meharry

ProsNGH is a teaching hospital, so while the interns and residents are being taught the nurses are learning too. I think one of the very best reasons I like working at NGH is because the patients appreciate what you do for them.

ConsThe downside of working at NGH is that we haven't had a raise in 4 years. We did get a 1.5% bonus but that equaled out to be less than half of a regular paycheck.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to listen to the concerns of their employees and try to work togethere with the employees for a solution that will satisfy all parties involved. Simply agreeing that something is not right will not keep our valued employees.

Don't get comfortable

Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Nashville General Hospital at Meharry

ProsOverall culture of entire hospital is great. Individual departments very greatly depending on management. The hospital working working for a good cause.

ConsSome are simply there to get a paycheck and do very little, which burdens the people that are actually working hard. Lacks ability to look at workers skills and help workers succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow and acknowledge strengths of workers. Solve issues with deadlines rather than have a "just get it done or I'll kill you" attitude.

Worked for Nashville General Hospital at Meharry? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nashville General Hospital at Meharry reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Nashville General Hospital at Meharry employees.