Nasuni

Andres Rodriguez

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Nasuni full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great product. The company is focused on great customer service and satisfaction. You are trusted to do your job, but given guidance when you need. If you are not doing a great job, it will be clear and you have a change to address it. It's a start up so it's about the bottom line vs. politics.

Cons

Working on transition from start up to larger company, which can be an awkward time. Some things need to get more 'professional' vs. running by the seat of the pants.

Need to work on scalable systems and management approach as company grows.

Great leadership, high level of employee empowerment and good visibility to top management.

I have been working at Nasuni full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nasuni is disrupting the storage industry in a significant way - that isn't always easy. There have definitely been some growing pains but in the last year and a half or so the company has really taken stride. Things are happening fast and it is very exciting to be along for the ride.

A few things really stick out to me when I talk about what it is like to work here. Here are a few:
    - We get the tools needed to do the job. Whether it is a fast computer or new piece of software, tools aren't limiting productivity - and that is huge in my mind.
    - I've been learning since day one and leadership has always taken a vested interest in my professional growth.
    - I am empowered to make decisions, not really any red tape to cut through, this makes getting things done at "startup speed" possible.
    - There is a genuine concern for everyone's well being - and a real push to develop a productive and "fun" culture (the latter has been difficult)

Cons

- There is a lot to do and it is easy to get bogged down in activities that really won't drive the business.
    - As much as we'd like to have a "hip west coast startup culture" we are a fairly conservative storage company in New England - it's not going to happen. Nasuni is starting to get a "culture", but we're not there yet.
    - The company of roughly 75 employees is split between two offices, one in Natick and on in Boston. This seems crazy to me. The Boston office is great, but it would be better if the rest of the company was there - or vice versa.

Move everyone back to one office.

Smart people! Exciting company!

I have been working at Nasuni full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have this amazing cloud storage technology. Very smart people. They do astonishing things, really fast. The president is a tech wizard who guides the technology path. The CEO is a knowledgeable people-person who can just capture a room. They make a great combination of technology and sales.
    Very nice, positive, helpful people to work with.
    Compared with other companies I've worked for, there is minimal management interference. You don't need 27 management approvals to get something done. They really value self-starters.
    Very few meetings. Just when they're necessary.
    They're very open to ideas and suggestions. You really feel like you're helping accomplish something important and significant here.

Cons

It's a startup, so they're still making things up as they go along.
    Communication is tricky. As the company grows, you have less idea what everyone is doing. They do make an effort, though, with quarterly all-hands meetings and lunches, and occasional outings.
    Some long work-days when it's crunch time, but like I said, it's a startup.

Good people, good vision, great product

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Nasuni full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people, good vision, great product, and the right attitude to get things done. It's a tough slog trying to break into the enterprise storage market and this team has the product and vision to be successful. Benefits and equity allocations actually improved over time which is great to see the company recognizing the value of its people.

Cons

Like any startup, Nasuni has had its ups and downs although things were definitely trending in the right direction when I left. Some managers have struggled to find the right people which results in high-turnover and a number of negative reviews on sites like this. While there have been some inter-department disagreements in the past this seems to have quieted down significantly.

Identify key goals and hold people accountable to them. Create a culture of inclusion where you focus on hiring the best people (which may take longer) and developing them after the fact.

Systems engineer

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Nasuni full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very cool product, lots of great features. Some very great peers.

Cons

Tough to sell, niche product, tough market.
    Sales Management broken

Sales management is very weak.

Serious growing pains

I worked at Nasuni (more than an year)

Pros

The product is cool but they change it every release. A lot like Microsoft.

Cons

High turn over for a start up. They get rid of people left and right and most people are caught off guard. Very stoic president - if he doesn't like what you've accomplished you are history.

Learn how to grow your employees instead of whacking them down and throwing them out.

Great technology, but moderately dysfunctional.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

I worked at Nasuni

Pros

They have game changing technology for the large enterprise.

Cons

Communication to employees needs to be improved greatly.

Changes thier minds more often then thier underware

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Natick, MA
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Natick, MA

I worked at Nasuni

Pros

Free snacks and drinks . Some great people

Cons

Constant power struggles and micro management. Questionable compensation structures .

Stop being so metrics based and let sales sell.

Nasuni Photos