Nat Sherman Reviews

Reset
Joel Sherman

1. A wonderful company and family to work for

I worked at Nat Sherman full-time

Pros

Great people, great products, and a fun indistry to further your career. I really enjoyed my time at the company.

Cons

Not very much room for advancement due to the size of the company. Salaries are lower than their competition in the same industry

Advice to Management

Please remember the roots of the company and keep it a family enviroment like is always preached.

2. Regional Sales Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Albany, NY

I worked at Nat Sherman full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The perks are nice as far as companies go.

Cons

Poor management decisions have lead to a decrease in overall business performance and employee moral.

Advice to Management

Learn from listening to the sales people who are out in the field and have direct contact with there customers they are your best resource.

3. Caring family owners. Very good pay and benefits.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Nat Sherman full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Sherman Family are very caring about their employees, making sure they we feel like part of their family. Better than average pay and good bennies/insurance.

Cons

Absurd level of micromanagement by middle management echelon.

Advice to Management

They should pay MORE attention to suggestions/input from field reps, LESS preoccupation with emulating the industry majors.

5. Nat Sherman is a descent place to although the pay could be a lot better.-—5

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Greensboro, NC

Pros

The hours, flexible schedule, weekends off and paid holidays, down to earth management, cool people to work with but after you become an operator there is no other way to advance...

Cons

They cut all of our raises and bonuses, they cut out ALL of our overtime as well so we barely get out 40 hours....

Advice to Management

Listen more to employees and stop being so judgmental, give raises because everything is goin up except our pay, pay more attention to the issues instead of the silliness....

6. Great place to work, but . . .

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

Its a great place to work for individuals who love cigars and working with customers. In-store management is both competent and friendly, but corporate leadership and direction is lacking with regards to the retail enterprise.

Cons

For sales associates, there is little opportunity for advancement. But, management is committed to its employees, some of whom have worked there for decades. In addition, a struggling economy and anti-smoking campaigns have taken a bite out of sales - and in turn, commissions.

Advice to Management

Senior corporate management could benefit by listening to employees - many of whom have excellent ideas regarding how to improve operations and sales in the retail enterprise.

RSS Feed </> Embed