Nat Sherman

Updated Feb 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Joel Sherman

Caring family owners. Very good pay and benefits.

Sales (Former Employee)

ProsThe Sherman Family are very caring about their employees, making sure they we feel like part of their family. Better than average pay and good bennies/insurance.

ConsAbsurd level of micromanagement by middle management echelon.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should pay MORE attention to suggestions/input from field reps, LESS preoccupation with emulating the industry majors.

Nat Sherman is a descent place to although the pay could be a lot better.-—5

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsThe hours, flexible schedule, weekends off and paid holidays, down to earth management, cool
    people to work with but after you become an operator there is no other way to advance...

ConsThey cut all of our raises and bonuses, they cut out ALL of our overtime as well so we barely get out 40 hours....

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to employees and stop being so judgmental, give raises because everything is goin up except our pay, pay more attention to the issues instead of the silliness....

Great place to work, but . . .

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIts a great place to work for individuals who love cigars and working with customers. In-store management is both competent and friendly, but corporate leadership and direction is lacking with regards to the retail enterprise.

ConsFor sales associates, there is little opportunity for advancement. But, management is committed to its employees, some of whom have worked there for decades. In addition, a struggling economy and anti-smoking campaigns have taken a bite out of sales - and in turn, commissions.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior corporate management could benefit by listening to employees - many of whom have excellent ideas regarding how to improve operations and sales in the retail enterprise.

Worked for Nat Sherman? Contribute to the Community!