National Agents Alliance

National Agents Alliance Reviews

Updated Mar 22, 2014

Andy Albright

consider your options

Team Leader and Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at National Agents Alliance full-time for more than a year

ProsThe insurance industry is stable, secure, and highly profitable. They provide you with a great opportunity to be successful, but you have to work harder than the average agent to get ahead. I worked for them for two years, loved almost everyone I met who wrote insurance for the company, and if you are interested in building an agency, they can get you going. The leads are great! I have great admiration for most of the leadership.

ConsThe Leads system is expensive because the company uses it as a profit center. As you become more successful, and your income increases, so does your lead bill. You lead cost increases per lead and it eats into your profits.
This company is not an insurance agency, it is a multilevel marketing company, they use insurance instead of soap because it is highly profitable. To be successful, you have to build a hierarchy, because you do not receive your annual residuals as you do with an insurance company, If you attend their meetings, you will discover that they spend more time teaching recruiting than they do on becoming an effective agent. I understood that when I was there, but I am far more profitable as an independent agent, than I was with NAA. Also, there are lead systems in the market place, just as effective, and far less expensive,.

Advice to Senior ManagementI understand your goal of networking, but I recently attended a five hour sales meeting that was more profitable to me becoming a successful agent then most hot spot meetings I ever attended. And the good news is, I don't need to go back next week. I am effectively selling and may attend another like it next month if the program and the instructors are going to teach me something new.
You need to rethink presidents club membership. It was not worth the expense. I joined to be a good agent, but I felt like I was just helping to pay for someones salary every month.
You need to review your policy on lead bill, seriously, I have discovered other company's that are not bleeding me.

Overall positive, over time you increase earnings

Field Underwriter (Current Employee)
Baltimore, MD

I have been working at National Agents Alliance full-time for less than a year

ProsSystem is put in place for you. I have a great manager who is one phone call away and answers all my questions. Part time or full time opportunities available. You pretty much choose your schedule and hours.

ConsYou need to buy leads and arrange the sales calls. Takes practice like any job. You are encouraged to recruit to make more money but thats not guaranteed. Leads cost money but are from a good system. You have to have the drive to keep going even when it's tough

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide free training and free leads for those starting out.

Experience but at a high cost

Insurance Agent (Former Employee)
Dearborn, MI

I worked at National Agents Alliance for less than a year

ProsThe people I met during my time with NAA were awesome! I wish I could take those I met and love with me.

ConsThe feeling of being trapped. Feeling like you can't read a book or watch TV because it is "not a money making activity". Going broker and broker!!!!! Do not get enough product sales training. Too much team building training! Oh did I mention going broke!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHonest always pays! Dishonesty will bring you down eventually! Being lied to is not a good feeling once you discover that almost everything you are told in the beginning is a lie! But my real advice would be fine another IMO to work with because you can't prosper forever in a place where total truth is not exhibited. Pay for your top earner presents??? Please, that is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard! How can anyone in management see that this is correct!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing atmosphere and energy for a business

Media Relations (Current Employee)
Burlington, NC

I have been working at National Agents Alliance full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWhen you walk through the doors of National Agents Alliance, you immediately feel the energy and enthusiasm before you even see it with your own eyes. It's a place where you can work hard and play hard. Plus, they've got a game room and a dadgum basketball court! Who does that? It's a first-class campus with first-class people working to help others.

ConsIt's not for everybody. NAA can be a little loud, and it's not your grandfather's work environment. If you don't like to have fun and encourage your teammates to do the same, you probably won't like it here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing!

Super high energy company for hard workers.

I have been working at National Agents Alliance full-time

ProsThere's never a dull moment at the corporate office. The culture is one completely devoid of bureaucracy, meaning that if you want something done, it's quite possible to walk up to the CEO and start talking about it. In fact, he seems to appreciate it. The company holds a social get-together about once every couple of months. There's a game room, basketball court, and a fun atmosphere for workers.

ConsBe careful, though. You are expected to work hard and produce results. Management wants you to think about how you are contributing to the bottom line, so if you're just a clock-puncher who likes to be told what to do, this is not the place for you.

Over priced leads

Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at National Agents Alliance part-time for more than a year

ProsWork as much as you want (or can afford to)

ConsOver priced leads and little support

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove lead quality and support in the field.

save yourself the pain

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at National Agents Alliance full-time for more than 5 years

Prosi wouldn't call the following 'pro's', but was there long enough to build a widely recognized agency, was a speaker for years at their conferences, went on all the trips while I was there, recognized multi six figure income earner several years. I guess one pro is that more and more of NAA's top tier people continue to leave in droves which hopefully is waking all the current people up to what's really going on.

Conseverything is misleading. There are no real millionaires, everybody's stage recognized gross incomes are a lie, leads are watered down and redistributed behind the scenes. 95% of the friends and managers I knew while there secretly struggled financially like i did. I worked my tail off for years being recognized for a sizable gross income however after all expenses and taxes it was nothing more than 70 hour a week job being paid $40,000 - $50,000/year with all the headaches of running a top 20 agency. the higher you climb the higher expenses you have. like any cult the higher you climb the more cult-pressure put on you to spend money towards all the profit centers - lead certification class, 4-5 trips a year to the home office, conferences tickets, inner circle trips, meeting attendance fees, meal tickets at conferences to sit with Andy, cd and book package deals, fees for training, lead costs which are the most deceptive of the whole system. as a previous reviewer put it, the insurance industry has a ton of better options!! You should not settle for anything less than an 85% contract when looking into other companies. an agent cant support themselves or even a family on anything less. Oh yeah, don't forget renewals. NAA does not offer them, One could only assume NAA pockets them otherwise where else would they go. Any smart long standing good insurance agent will tell you run for the hills if a company does not offer a good contract and renewals I was completely green to the industry when I joined and like many others they recruited me at a time in life I had been knocked down. The main priority is getting your warm market list of friends and family and for you to recruit, recruit, recruit. That's the game you play, trust me i know. I cant tell you how many family members, friends, and church friends said their prayers were answered after seeing me leave NAA. It was because they saw all the hardships and financial problems this company created while there, and the rat wheel of chasing the dream to financial freedom they sell.

Advice to Senior Managementfree yourself, you have been pressured on stage for too many years to be dishonest about the money you really make. No amount of money can be paid to wipe out the reputation this company now has. There are way to many people that are getting burned.

It is a scam

Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at National Agents Alliance full-time for less than a year

ProsThey do provide a lot of training - you need to be proactive and educate yourself.

Cons-The business is really selling overpriced leads to unsuspecting agents
-Huge push for annuities to make a large commission - most sales are NOT in the best interest of the client but rather to make a commission. They say they are in business to help but that is NOT the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make it out to be that you really want to help others succeed - it's all about making a buck off of an agent.

Fantastic Marketing

Independent Agent (Current Employee)
Champaign, IL

I have been working at National Agents Alliance full-time for less than a year

ProsLeads are good.
You can buy exclusive leads and have 5 weeks to work them. I buy A leads and RW leads which have aged to nearly 1 year, and yes they have been worked before but for whatever reason they did not take out a policy. NAA tracks weather the prospect has taken out a policy or not. I really can't imagine anyone filling out this direct mail piece and returning it that isn't looking for coverage.
It's like going to a car dealership and telling them your just looking. Really !
I have had a good experience so far.

ConsNone yet. After 5 months I'm issue paying nearly 20,000 per month.
 I've read some of the negative reviews. Sorry to those that this opportunity did not work for them. I really believe the lack of structure and not having someone tell you what to do each day is hard for most people.
The first thing I work with my agents on is creating a daily work plan and sticking to it. Then making adjustments over time for fine tuning. I recommend attending the weekly training meetings closest to your home. I learn something new every week.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the regional meetings put on by the Top Performers. I learn something new at every meeting and my production goes up a notch each time.

Don't judge a horror book by the cover.

Insurance Salesperson (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I worked at National Agents Alliance full-time for less than a year

ProsIf you like Amway you will love this place. If you love pipe dreams and men calling each other buddy and bro all the time you will love this place. If you love hearing statements like " I can explain all the science of gravity, or I can tell you will go splat if you jump out a window" then have another glass of Koolaid.

ConsA bunch of phony baloney. All they do is suck you in and then you find out that this is a MLM project to benefit others. The territories are covered and to get one viable lead it will cost you $27. If you want to watch teaching videos, it will cost you $7. You will be asked to by books written by Andy Allbright (CEO). Agents in the field will cut you down and cherry pick leads.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being phony and get your act together. DO WHAT IS RIGHT!! Return phone calls when there are concerns.

Flag Review

National Agents Alliance Customer Service responded to this review

Mar 31, 2014

We’re terribly sorry to hear that your experience with NAA did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide a supportive environment in which every agent has the ability to succeed. At the NAA ... More

Worked for National Agents Alliance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at National Agents Alliance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for National Agents Alliance CEO Andy Albright. All 46 reviews posted anonymously by National Agents Alliance employees.