National Agents Alliance Reviews

Updated May 1, 2015
84 reviews filtered by
3.4
Andy Albright

Pros
  • Can make money, but it takes a lot of money to make it (in 5 reviews)

• Good training for high pressure sales techniques (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • I have 17 agents all over Florida and we all make money for our families not our agency managers (in 5 reviews)

• There want to train you to be a high pressure sales person (in 3 reviews)

1. Great company, leadership, and income

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at National Agents Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My managers really care about my success. The culture is friendly, diverse, and positive. Everything my manager told me about the company in the interview was true in practice. I call their leads, make appointments with their script, and make sales with their presentation. Policies are issued in days, I am paid in days. I have never worked somewhere where I get paid quickly and daily for my efforts. Those that I recruited to NAA who doubled their previous income are thankful for the opportunity. They trained me in all the aspects of the business required for my success. They have fun and even make the insurance training enjoyable to attend. I can only speak to my experience, my market (Michigan) has a ton of leads, your individual manager or market may be different. However, my experience with national leadership has been the same - positive, supporting, and based on integrity.

Cons

If you are not a self starter then this is not the place for you. Even though they provide training, no one supervises you to make calls and go on appointments. If you are afraid of the phone or not comfortable meeting people in their homes, then you will not make money. If your first and last priority is only about making money, then NAA discussions about helping people and being good citizens in the community will seem trite and unnecessary.

Advice to Management

Be more selective about who you recruit. Most people do not have the self-discipline for this business and giving EVERYONE an opportunity means a lot of people may wash out who should never have come on board in the first place.

Agent

Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales Agent in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at National Agents Alliance (More than a year)

Pros

Great training. Fun supportive atmosphere.

Cons

Costs are out of control. Leads, training, travel and the time to get up to profitability are all on you.

Advice to Management

Give prospective agents a true cost of doing business there.

3. joke

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at National Agents Alliance

Pros

there none to be listed so do not read this because it is a waste of your time now go find a real job

Cons

all of them are cons-artists. went to a dumb meeting to hear about this MLM insurance. was told there are 40 FREE LEADS a week. then was told you have to buy leads that run from 13-48 dollars a piece for a lead. low payout and buy god know how good that recycled lead is. just like every review in here they ask the same stupid stuff. who do you know that would be interested in getting an extra 500/week pt. one girl stood and said she made 4200 for the week and only worked 5 hrs.Just a bunch of crap.

Advice to Management

just quit now while your ahead. whatever that means well good luck with that

5. COMPLETE WASTE OF 7 YEARS!

I worked at National Agents Alliance

Pros

Built life long friendships with the agents we we worked with! Leraned what to look for in a legitimate insurance sales position.

Cons

1. Lead overrides 2. LOW contracts 3. High overhead costs 4. MLM copy cat 5. Manipulative leaders 6. Not a true 1099 7. Cult like environment 7. Skewed numbers 8. Low profitability 9. Number of lawsuits 10. Disguised as a Christian company

Advice to Management

Truly turn to God, and follow the Bible's ways, as you preach.

Good at first but then changed ownership and got bad

Former Employee - Agency Manager
    Former Employee - Agency Manager

I worked at National Agents Alliance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comprehensive training and a lot of meetings. They have skilled people.

Cons

The excitement expressed to pull individuals in is not met with real results. Profitability low which tends to get explained away, Shrinking company, low potential for top level income.
    Mixing religion and business made many uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Humility is helpful.

Excellent place to grow as an insurance agent.

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at National Agents Alliance

Pros

Lots of money to be made, with excellent training materials through NAAUniversity. Hotspot meetings are weekly, with motivating agents and training lessons. You make your own schedule, which can allow for part time or full time work.

Cons

You get what you put into it. If you don't do the work, you won't make any money, and will waste your time getting the license.

Advice to Management

Help new employees understand what all has to be done in order to get started. Don't hide how much the state licensing costs until the last minute. Give all information up front to prospective hires.

Hard work may equal success.

I worked at National Agents Alliance

Pros

Great system for novice insurance agents. NAA shows you a roadmap for success, it is up to you to follow it.

Cons

Commission scale starts off way too low compared with other GA's.

Advice to Management

Higher ground floor commission.

LOOK VERY CLOSE BEFORE YOU JUMP IN

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Denver, CO
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Denver, CO

I worked at National Agents Alliance as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice People outside of some of the top management

Cons

to many to list....

look for everything and ask a lot of question before jumping in...... LOTS of FEES.

Not about selling insurance , more about selling clubs and books

Advice to Management

Stop talking bad about people just because they have no interest in buying your clubs and books

10. Real opportunity to make more than a living....make a life

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at National Agents Alliance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Prequalified leads from people who want what we have. Can make money quickly by following system and leadership. Can start part time and build. Excellent training from people who are already successful. No cold calling required. Short sales cycle. Work with well established companies like Mutual of Omaha and others. Can help just about any client because there are numerous carriers from which to choose

Cons

Easy to complicate.....not for those who want to create their own system.

FAKE IT BECAUSE YOU DON'T MAKE IT!

Former Employee - National Manager
    Former Employee - National Manager

I worked at National Agents Alliance

Pros

Any limited pro's that I might have listed were not worth all the cons that I had to endure.

Cons

I could write a book on the cons. I was there for around 6 years, was a national ranking manager, part of the elite circle at one point, won a bunch of incentive trips, recognized multi six figure "gross" income earner. All that said none of it mattered. 85% of all the other agency managers that were friends of mine during those years were also struggling. They recognized "gross" incomes from stage, which is so misleading to all the agents at their conferences. In the last 2 years I would say 80% of their top income earners, recognized managers, former top agents, and conference speakers have left NAA for much better opportunities and compensation plans. Speaking of misleading, a high percentage of the "positive reviews" on this site and other forums is because NAA top brass has their corporate staff, and loyalists agents and left over managers counter attack the negative reviews because they have lost so many people that were screwed over the last couple years, so keep that in mind!

Do enough searching on NAA and you will find a history of lawsuits against many of their top people that left for better things. Many of NAA's former managers and even some current mangers that were touted as being "successful" have actually filed for bankruptcies, have tax liens, and endured other financial issues all while they were recognized on stage for success. It's all public record and the actual data is posted in several of the largest free public insurance forums. It is no secret that NAA offers some of the worst contracts to insurance agents in the industry starting around 55-60%. With the high cost of their leads, pressure to attend their conferences, and meetings I can speak from experience that it is a recipe for financial struggle. My agency ranged from 40-75 agents producing monthly and not even my top agents who were also recognized nationally could even NET a $100k income. Did I mention they recognize gross income?

Sadly out of all my monthly producing agents none of them were truly making any decent money. Not because of any lack of teaching and resources either, but because of the NAA comp structure, no renewals, and cost to do business with them. NAA is riddled with a "fake it until you make it" culture. If you are patient and keep looking within the insurance industry you can find much much higher commission contract levels that offer great training. You can also find 3rd party companies to purchase your leads from. When I was there they offered no renewals, it's nothing more than recruit, recruit, recruit! CEO has a big background in Amway along with a few of his other top guys, so it's your typical MLM and rah rah culture. Once you do become a manger more than likely you will be pressured to join their clubs, purchase manager level conference tickets, spend your own money flying to North Carolina home office and other additional meetings throughout the year. You only climb the ladder if you are a "yes" man all the while going broke doing so.

They sell you on the dream of 1099 and be your own boss and stuff like that, but in all reality you are building NAA's business not yours whatsoever. They have the power to push you out and keep the agents you hired and trained if they choose. If you decide to go elsewhere rest assured the agents you hired and trained cannot go with you. They pump agents full of typical MLM, rah-rah, kool-aide, mixed with the prosperity gospel that way you are constantly chasing the DREAM of financial freedom.

They say their leads are exclusive but leads got passed around behind the scenes over and over and between agents and managers which resulted in watered down leads.

Every former manager that I know and was a friend there including myself has had their relationships damaged with those still associated with NAA due to the gossip, lies, and defamation by inner circle types. So get ready to be looked upon as a "quitter" once you eventually realize what you got yourself into and decide to leave.

Advice to Management

Increase your commission levels like other companies out there and don't be greedy, give your agents FULL product renewals like other well reputable organizations out there. Stop recognizing gross income earners, and recognize NET income earners. There should be guidelines on who you put on stage to teach, and train and it should start with those that have a history of financial stability even if it is only a couple people. Take to heart a lot of the negative reviews written on Glassdoor, rip off report, and insurance forums, there is a lot of truth to it and you guys know it. Your conferences should be nothing more than simple recognition and pure nuts and bolts sales training, not MLM nothing but hype conferences. Conferences should cost an agent nothing to attend since they already have to spend money on hotels and flights just to attend them. Most of your competitors that have now surpassed you are not charging for theirs. Fact is that NAA continues to decline as an IMO in the industry, and has continued to lose it's top people because of a culture of peer pressure, greed, poor compensation structure, lies, and gossip. NAA never went from Good to Great and that you cannot deny.

National Agents Alliance Photos